League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Prospector's Ring vs. Ruby Crystal and Amp Tome start (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2512923)

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R 08-25-2012 11:34 AM

Prospector's Ring vs. Ruby Crystal and Amp Tome start

Prospector's Ring - 200 HP, 30 AP, 7 mana / 5. Builds into nothing.

Ruby Crystal + Amp Tome - 180 HP, 20 AP, Builds into Haunting Guise and many other items.

Why don't more players start Crystal and Tome over Ring? It's mildly weaker for the windmill fight, but much stronger once it is turned into an early Haunting Guise. It could also be rushed into a Sweeper.

larkhill 08-25-2012 11:45 AM

so much of a dominion game hinges on that early fight that any advantage you can possibly get, people will likely go for it

FDru 08-25-2012 11:48 AM

Prospector's are the most efficient items you can buy until you have to replace it. In most games you never even end up replacing it though.

If you don' t use mana, then ruby + tome is probably better.

WaterD103 08-25-2012 11:54 AM

You are acting like if 7 mana/5 is nothing important, if that's your case sure. But the fact is that is something very important.

FeanorAlmighty 08-25-2012 11:54 AM

Early advantage > a slightly better advantage later on

Redeemed In Fire 08-25-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterD103 (Hozzászólás 28636626)
You are acting like if 7 mana/5 is nothing important, if that's your case sure. But the fact is that is something very important.

For windmill fight? Just bring a mana pot until you can go back and grab a meki pendant (chalice is strong on a surprising number of champs). Bot, same there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty (Hozzászólás 28636634)
Early advantage > a slightly better advantage later on

In summoner's rift, yes. In dominion, an advantage over X time in the game only gets you some more points lead, it doesn't make it significantly easier to maintain that lead.

naotasan 08-25-2012 12:43 PM

I buy the ring always. Why? Because when I need more room for a better item, I can always just sell the ring off.

FeanorAlmighty 08-25-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RCIX (Hozzászólás 28637586)
In summoner's rift, yes. In dominion, an advantage over X time in the game only gets you some more points lead, it doesn't make it significantly easier to maintain that lead.

I would say it's the other way around. In SR it's easier to make a comeback with one good teamfight.

And you say something about a mana potion, dude you need health not mana.

naotasan 08-25-2012 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FeanorAlmighty (Hozzászólás 28638942)
I would say it's the other way around. In SR it's easier to make a comeback with one good teamfight.

And you say something about a mana potion, dude you need health not mana.

In Summoners Rift, one bad team fight results in the game being a loss.
In Dominion, one bad team fight results in a quick reset and regroup to try again.

HaIfhearted 08-25-2012 03:09 PM

The ring is one of the few good sources of MP5 in the game.

The extra regen makes a fairly significant difference early-on, and this is coming from someone who drinks mana pots like they're cream soda.