League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   5 Man Team Hero Combos? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=25114)

TheCzar 11-13-2009 01:01 PM

5 Man Team Hero Combos?

As my group of friends starts to get more serious about LoL, we've started to talk about 5 man team combos. Obviously there are certain roles you need filled on your team: tank, phys/mag DPS, CC, etc.

Are there any heros that are must-haves? Or what combos have you found work well for your team? I was thinking characters like Cho-Gath would be great because he is a tank, and has a AOE stun, and a silence all in one.

Edumacate me!

Hand of Might 11-16-2009 12:43 AM

It's much much MUCH more important how you synergize in skill than in champion.

But for the most '1337' champions just look at the pro games of course. View the tournaments (both US and England) and it will take about 5 mins of forum searching if you are comitted :P I don't remember the links sorry.

I remember these champs being used specifically in one pro game:

Malphite
Morgana
Soraka
Amumu
Annie

keftes 11-16-2009 01:27 AM

Any combo with 5x promotes = win

DragonArmy 11-16-2009 01:53 AM

I would add Nasus and Teemo. Nasus can tank and lower armor, and teemo can have map control.

RamboBatman 11-16-2009 10:26 AM

To dream the impossible dream, to build the unkillable team

Haven't tried this and, its probably not top-tier worthy but: Tryndamere, Anivia, Zilean, Kayle, and Taric/Soraka/Morgana is about the hardest to kill team that I could think of. Tryndamere is your physical carry, Anivia handles magical DPS, Zilean is great support and Kayle can tank. From there I was thinking of either a healer to really frustrate your opponents (taric/soraka) or Morgana purely for black shield. Between Trynds, Zils, and Kayles ults you've got a ton of champ saving power, just compound that with guardian angels for everyone and it'll take your opponents somewhere between 2-5 "kills" before one of you goes down. Of course, coordination is key so that you don't overlap and thereby waste your ults.

Evernight 11-16-2009 10:54 AM

To me there are no set 5-mans that are better than others. But you want to run a certain gambit of classes.

Tank - preferably a tank that has a solid amount of CC - Amumu, Malaphite
Ranged DPS - preferably physical, but also able to semi-carry late game - Ashe, Trist
Melee Carry - The game breaker late game - feed him kills the best you can - Tyrand, Yi
Caster - Burst DPS, CC, and preferably a pusher - Anivia, Veigar
Support - This one is a wild card for secondary function - Tank, pusher, caster - Taric, Kayle, Soraka, Zilean.

Now the trick is seeing multiple roles for the above characters. Some tanks can DPS ok and others are good gank initiators (Singed, Blitz). Some casters have no pushing ability but can be used as ranged burst DPS or support.

The other thing this team does is spreads both magic and physical dmg out... preventing the enemy from stacking one defense over the other.

Yeorwned 11-16-2009 11:07 AM

Soraka, Janna, Zilean, Sivir, Shaco

Zilean tanks. Sivir jungles. Shaco backdoors.

Questions?

not a mormon 11-16-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeorwned (Hozzászólás 282504)
Soraka, Janna, Zilean, Sivir, Shaco

Zilean tanks. Sivir jungles. Shaco backdoors.

Questions?

Boo. No tank janna?

Yeorwned 11-16-2009 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mormon Chin Mormon (Hozzászólás 282522)
Boo. No tank janna?

When Janna goes tank, she can't ult the enemy champions into Baron Nashor where Soraka is soloing.

The Senate 11-16-2009 11:43 AM

Right now my dream team is...

Jungle Amumu
Ashe solo top
Yi solo mids
Kassadin and Soraka bot.

Actually, now that I think about it, needs more stun.

Soraka can be replaced with some sort of tank. Maybe Cho'gath solo, Yi with Kassadin.