League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Why is Guardian Angel a late game item? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2502012)

ItsThatNewGuy 08-22-2012 08:09 AM

Why is Guardian Angel a late game item?

It provides okay stats for midgame.

The passive procs more if you buy it earlier, and the 750 health it provides is more useful, saving you more earlier in the game.

So why isn't it viable more in midgame, rather than end game, with the stats it provides and it's utility in midgame teamfights?

Just a question.

FlowyS 08-22-2012 08:14 AM

Rushing Guardian Angel does mean that you have no offensive power. Other items like Sunfire cape gives both defense and offense.

Aregionius 08-22-2012 08:33 AM

It's a fairly expensive item that gives nothing other than defensive stats until it's completed. Because it's solely restricted to Armor/MR, it's effect is lessened early game when your HP is lower, effectively giving you less Effective Hit Points (EHP) from Armor/MR.

Additionally, in this meta,
-Tanks/Supports need to get gp/5 items to offset feeding creep kills to a carry, so this item puts them far behind in terms of gold unless it's purchased later.
-Carries need damage items to both farm and shoot for kills, getting this item puts them behind for offensive power and doesn't provide the ability to sustain their lane outside of a single revive.
-Junglers would be set too far back in their build and don't generally need a revive

KaiSong 08-22-2012 09:11 AM

Generally GA/ thornmail/ randuins and the like have the effects of discouraging the enemy from attacking the champ that is carrying it.

While tanks jump into the fray to get focused and take down the enemy carry the negatives of focusing the tank is offset by how much of a threat they are close range, GA on your carry is built to make it so that focusing them would be harder to do but you still want to. If GA is built too early before damage is built completely there would be no reason to focus that champ anyway and the ga passive wouldnt even matter if youre not even doing enough to be focused. Not sure if this made any sense. oh well

Fat Mchugelarge 08-22-2012 01:36 PM

I have no idea why; I get it on my brusiers all the time. It gives enough armor and magic resistance to the point where I don't need another defensive item other than Frozen Mallet or Warmogs

I can understand the downvotes, but do understand that I like to build it in parts instead of rushing it. I mostly go GA, Frozen mallet, Merc Treds, and Madreds on Bruiser Teemo for example. Guardian Angel alone gives me 170 + armor and 130 mres by mid to late game. I don't get it just for the revive, I get is because it has decent combined defensive stats as well.

Duhizy 08-22-2012 03:14 PM

imo its because the revive has such a long cooldown that if you dont get it late game than its wasted at its most crucial needed time. Its such a game changer at 40 min that if its not up at that time the item is a complete waste; therefore, most try to have the item at the time they think would be most crucial for the specific game. At higher elo and tournaments games end faster so you'll see faster GA's to see a game change but at lower elos most game s go late game so its necessary to have it at that time.