League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2496798)

gypsylord 08-20-2012 04:40 PM

I'm RiotGypsy. AMAA

Hi,
I'm gypsylord, one of Riot's newest designers. I make champions.

So this is an "Ask Me ALMOST Anything" thread. I'm all about getting to know the community and I figured this would be a good way to do it. So yeah, let's chat. :D

If I skip your question it's either because A) I'm not the right person to answer it or B) I've already answered it in a previous post

-------------------------------------

Some things about me:

-I'm a champ designer. I work on champions. I don't work on things like servers, skins, or IP prices. As such I probably won't be able to give any real answers on such topics, it would just result in the propagation of false information. :(

-I designed Vi. Working on champ #2 right now.

-I love LoL and played Ranked + normals non-stop in college. Wrote my final term paper on the F2P pricing scheme and filmed a 10 minute documentary on the new player experience during Senior Winter.

-Was 1920 Elo Pre-Season 3. Wish I had more time to focus on improving my game. Too busy working on my next champ. She's gonna be awesome ;)

-I main supports (Raka, Janna, Lulu, Sona, Taric, Zyra). Also play a TON of Tristana (bot) and Teemo (top). Noct, Shaco, and WW are my go-to junglers. If you force me to play mid (I suck at it) I'll try to grab Kass (provided the matchup wouldn't screw me).

-Used to be "almost" pro at TF2. Have 1400 hours in the game and mained scout/med for a team back when CAL was a thing.

-LOVE Fire Emblem. Awakening had great gameplay but a terrible story...

-I'm originally from Alaska. I like climbing rocks, running up mountains, and fighting bears.

-I went to college at Dartmouth and graduated with a BA in Economics last June. Also studied Theater, Film, Chemistry, and Biology (was a pre-med freshman year).

-Started @ Riot right after graduation. Am currently one of the youngest people in the company.

Zerglinator 08-20-2012 04:41 PM

Aww, sweet!

Okay, questions...

How is that Support Zyra?

Who's your favorite Fire Emblem character?

How effective are you at fighting ARMORED bears?

Oddnerd 08-20-2012 04:41 PM

Will you fix Heimerdinger?

ZOOKlE 08-20-2012 04:41 PM

do you expect to be popular among the community with an avatar like that?

Hal Jordan 08-20-2012 04:41 PM

What is your stand on the false reputation that singed is a homicidal maniac, when all he wants is to be loved?

Takeji 08-20-2012 04:42 PM

FIRE EMBLEM! Who was your favorite character? :)

OverIord Teemo 08-20-2012 04:42 PM

How did you feel when i stomped you with irelia in that aram match

Pomf Pomf Pomf 08-20-2012 04:42 PM

"thinks"

great first impression.

(I'm jk)

G˛dlike 08-20-2012 04:42 PM

First page

such fire 08-20-2012 04:42 PM

well u seem cool, cant wait for your champion! fellow fire emblem lover right here, can you give us a hint at what role your champion will be?