League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   "All In Xin," The Offensive Xin Zhao - My Kind of Overpowered Hero (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=249350)

Endarire 09-14-2010 08:53 PM

"All In Xin," The Offensive Xin Zhao - My Kind of Overpowered Hero

"All In Xin," The Offensive Xin Zhao - My Kind of Overpowered Hero

Version History
1.0: September 14, 2010
-Initial release.

Important Factors
NOTE: This guide is written by someone who is still early in levels (10 at present). This is a guide based on my experience for getting to 30 with little hassle. As such, I don't discuss runes or masteries in depth. The most important factors are those made during the game.

LIFE STEAL - So long as you hit, you effectively extend your HP bar. I like Vampiric Scepter (later Stark's Fervor or Bloodthirster) for this.

ATTACK SPEED - The faster you attack, the more likely your blow will be the last hit. Against most targets, Stark's Fervor is a high priority. Against casters, Wit's End is marvelous.

DAMAGE - Anything can be killed by whacking it enough times. If you kill your enemy before he can stop you, then you've saved yourself a potential death. A B. F. Sword leads you to the lovely Bloodthirster.

SURVIVABILITY - Every hero should expect to die, but you're Xin Zhao! If played well, you can solo the middle lane in Summoner's Rift (5v5). Against casters, Banshee's Veil is almost a must.

My Precious First Items
1: VAMPIRIC SCEPTER (450 total) [LIFE STEAL]. I like to steal life (12%). It keeps me alive.

In The Shop, Look Under One Of These Categories
Attack >> Life Steal

NOTE: Some will say to get Doran's Blade first. I prefer the Vampiric Scepter since it's a component of Malady and Stark's Fervor.

2: BERSERKER'S GREAVES (920 total, 120 alone) [ATTACK SPEED/MOVE SPEED]. I walk faster and swing faster, covering 2 of my peeves.

NOTE: I play aggressively. Buying Mercury's Treads sends the wrong message. If I'm CCed at all, I figure I'm about to die anyway.

Attack >> Attack Speed
Movement

3: STARK'S FERVOR (Upgrade from Vampiric Scepter) (2550 total, 700 alone, 2100 from Vampiric Scepter) [TEAM UBERIZATION]. I steal life and attack faster. Scratch that. My team steals life (20%) and attacks faster (20% to them, 40% to me) and regens health faster (30 HP per 5 seconds) -and- grants 20 armor penetration to nearby enemy champions. Sold!

Attack >> Life Steal
Attack >> Attack Speed
Defense >> Health Regen

NOTE: "Malady" sounds like a better name for this item, but it's taken. How'zbout, "Terrorize Your Opponents?"

The item "Malady" is a better investment if you reliably have someone nearby with Stark's Fervor!

As an aside, this item makes me feel like the team's commander. "Follow, me men!"

Finally, Stark's Aura doesn't affect minions on your side. It would be awesome if so, though.

Mid- to Late-Game Items
Sometimes, you need to suck it op and buy something defensive. Sometimes, you just want to attack 5 times per second. Consider your situation and spend appropriately.

*ZEAL (1195 total, 375 alone) [CRIT CHANCE/ATTACK SPEED/MOVE SPEED]. I attack faster (+20%), move faster (+8%), and crit more often (+10%). Once I have my other items, this sounds like a steal!

Attack >> Critical Strike
Attack >> Attack Speed
Movement

*BANSHEE'S VEIL (2715 total, 650 alone) [MAGIC RESIST/MAGIC NEGATION]. The big reason to get the Veil is blocking 1 negative spell per 30 seconds. My second reason is the +57 magic resist. The +450 HP and +400 MP are almost negligible at this point.

Defense >> Health
Defense >> Magic Resist
Magic >> Mana

NOTE: This item has saved me at least once. If you need the defense (and if you're the main target, you probably will - <sigh>) then this is a solid purchase.

*GLACIAL SHROUD (1675 total, 575 alone) [COOLDOWN REDUCTION/MANu]. 20% shorter cooldowns means you can use Battle Cry far more often. Sure, it's only a few seconds, but that may determine if you take out a turret in time!

Defense >> Armor
Magic >> Cooldown Reduction
Magic >> Mana

*B. F. Sword (1850 total) [DAMAGE]. No matter how quickly I strike, I often find myself wishing I could could kill things faster. I need more oomph behind my attacks.

It's -only- +50 damage, but it leads to the powerful Bloodthirster, Black Cleaver, and Infinity Edge. In the rare circumstance the game lasts long enough, go ahead and upgrade this to your favorite. I prefer Bloodthirster.

Attack >> Damage

*WIT'S END (2150 total, 700 alone) [ANTI-CASTER/MAGIC RESIST]. Are casters bugging you? Wit's End burns up to 42 mana per hit and damages foes for that much.

That's not all, folks! You get +40% attack speed and +30 magic resistance! Against casters, it won't replace a Banshee's Veil, but it makes a spiffy accessory.

Attack >> Attack Speed
Defense >> Magic Resist

NOTE: As of version 1.0.0.87 (June 15, 2010) this mana burn does not work with Garen's Judgment ability.

Items For The Very Rich
If the game isn't over after getting your desired items, these are my recommendations.

*FROZEN HEART (Upgrade from Glacial Shroud) (3075 total, 800 alone, 1420 from Glacial Shroud) [ENEMY SLOWING/COOLDOWN REDUCTION]. 25% shorter cooldowns helps Battle Cry, but the big seller is your slow aura. Enemies attack 20% more slowly when they're near you. Bon appetit!

Defense >> Armor
Magic >> Cooldown Reduction
Magic >> Mana

*PHANTOM DANCER (Upgrade from Zeal) (3395 total, 900 alone, 2200 from Zeal) [ATTACK SPEED/CRIT CHANCE/DODGE CHANCE/MOVE SPEED]. Compare this to Zeal. Attack 25% faster, crit 20% more often, dodge 20% more frequently, and move 7% faster. Frozen Heart is usually better, but if you need to pursue slow physical foes, this may be a better deal.

Attack >> Critical Strike
Attack >> Attack Speed
Movement

*GUARDIAN ANGEL (2600 total, 1200 alone) [SECOND CHANCE/MAGIC RESIST]. Upon death, you revive with 40% HP and MP. The game does not count this death as a kill You can reraise like this once every 5 minutes.

You also get +38 magic resistance and +68 armor. They're spiffy side bonuses.

Defense >> Magic Resist
Defense >> Armor

NOTE: This is a low priority compared to Frozen Heart and Phantom Dancer. This probably won't replace Banshee's Veil, but may be handy against a caster-heavy party, or to demoralize a team that thought they had won.

*BLOODTHIRSTER (Upgrade from B. F. Sword) (3200 total, 900 alone, 1350 from B. F. Sword) [DAMAGE/LIFE STEAL]. +60 damage and +15% life steal. These increase by 1 damage and 0.25% life steal per kill, to a max of 40 stacks. Sure, dying will nix these bonuses, but do well and you won't die!

Attack >> Damage
Attack >> Life Steal

Skill Order
01: Battle Cry (W) OR Audacious Charge (E)
02: Audacious Charge (E) OR Battle Cry (W)
03: Battle Cry (W)
04: Three Talon Strike (Q)
05: Battle Cry (W)
06: Crescent Sweep (R)
07: Battle Cry (W)
08: Audacious Charge (E)
09: Battle Cry (W)
10: Audacious Charge (E)
11: Crescent Sweep (R)
12: Audacious Charge (E)
13: Three Talon Strike (Q)
14: Audacious Charge (E)
15: Three Talon Strike (Q)
16: Crescent Sweep (R)
17: Three Talon Strike (Q)
18: Three Talon Strike (Q)

Skills - My Reasoning
-BATTLE CRY (W) is your bread and butter. PASSIVELY, it lets you attack faster (+15/20/25/30/35%), and that means you inflict hurt more quickly and heal yourself more adeptly.

If you ACTIVATE Battle Cry, you attack 30/40/50/60/70% faster for 7 seconds and your normal attacks reduce your other abilities' cooldowns by 1 second per hit.

NOTE: Activate Battle Cry before Three Talon Strike to ensure you attack faster.

-AUDACIOUS CHARGE is your distance-closing ability. Panicked players rarely expect a melee guy to zip across the screen and kill them before Ghost runs out.

If you charge, you deal 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.4 per ability power) damage to all nearby enemies and slow them by 40% for 2 seconds.

-THREE TALON STRIKE is a minor side ability. Some people swear by it, but it requires more time and setup to fully work.

Activate Battle Cry before Three Talon Strike to ensure you attack faster.

Regardless, you make 3 standard attacks that deal extra damage (+15/30/45/60/75). The third hit launches the enemy airborne for about a second.

You can spread your attacks to 2 or 3 targets if you micromanage fast enough, or your targets die that quickly. The effects of Three Talon Strike last for about 8 seconds if not fully used.

-CRESCENT SWEEP is meant to deal with crowds. It does about half a minion's max HP in damage. If you surround yourself in weakened minions, you can witness a shower of gold!

Alternatively, you can use it as part of your combo. Charge in, activate Battle Cry, then Three Talon Strike and Crescent Sweep in either order.

If a foe is fleeing, Crescent Sweep to weaken them, then Charge, Battle Cry, and Three Talon Strike. Enjoy!

Stayin' Alive - Survivability
Xin Zhao starts off as a spring attacker (hit and run character). Xin is frail. Sorry.

If built properly, he can carry the team in the late game. I've tanked a turret late game because it was the fastest way to destroy it. I nearly died in the process, but it was worth it.

You can determine if you're meant to spring attack or tank 'n' gank depending how well your team does. If you're ahead, you can be more daring with your life. Conservative play usually keeps your team alive longer, however.

DO NOT CHARGE INTO OR THROUGH AN ENEMY TURRET'S RANGE! Doing so is asking to die. A lot. If you do so, the turret will prioritize targeting you and probably kill you quickly.

DO NOT EXPECT TO SOLO A TEAM FIGHT! Instead, expect to lose. And die. A lot. You're powerful, especially when you gank, but even trying to solo a 1v2 is pushing it. If you're confident you can handle them (like you're certain they won't fight back) then go ahead, but consider yourself warned.

FailyMcSadPants 09-14-2010 10:08 PM

You can just STFU right now. Xin is an amazing initiator and carry if opposing team is teribad, but about everything you just said was ****in stupid.

1. Never start with vampiric, hes ****in melee, he has built in heal, and doesnt do enough dmg early lvls to make it matter

2. Berserkers Boots - Nuff said

3. Xin is not a tank, Xin is not support, buying Starks in place of Bloodthirster is dumb as **** unless your NOT dying, and NOT focused

4. If I ever see a Xin put Glacial Shroud/Frozen Heart in there inventory, Ill leave the god **** game. You are stupid.

5. Banshees is SITUATIONAL at best, and pretty much ONLY if they have a caster carry that is FOCUSING you every fight, THEN you buy it, and ONLY then.

6. Wits End. Shut your stupid mouth.

Honestly there are dozens of guide for xin, ALL of them viable, but you seriously just ****in failed in every possible way with this, and who the **** are you to make a guide at lvl 10 with like 25 games played GJ.

Treads/Tabai
IE
-40% Bow thing I cant recall right now
Ghostblade/Zeal
Thirster

If your getting focused and ass raped, stop initiating and wait for someone else. No ****in reason to buy tanky **** on XIN unless you PLAN ON TANKING.

unR Mohrisbetter 09-14-2010 10:25 PM

I feel bad looking at this thread. I realize youre just starting out in LoL and I think it's great you're working to up your play and help others as well by writing a guide, but this forum is going to probably shut you down. Keep being a proactive player, though.

Cumulous 09-14-2010 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FailyMcSadPants (Hozzászólás 2919907)
-40% Bow thing I cant recall right now

Last Whisper

@OP Getting Q that late in the game is such a waste imho. By that point it's a fairly useless skill, but if you pick it up earlier you will end up with a lot more dps. Also Battle Cry is amazing, but you really need damage to make attack speed work. Your build ignore's the skill that adds damage (Q) and you rush AS/Lifesteal before you get AD which is completely counter productive.

If you are only hitting for 100 each time, its fairly useless to hit fast and only lifesteal 15~ hp each hit...

Beardstorm 09-14-2010 10:45 PM

Also you instantly rubbed about 2/3rds of us the wrong way just by putting 'overpowered' in the title.
Just saying.

Fallon x 09-14-2010 10:56 PM

give him a break guys he has been playing levels 1-10 so he could go with an AP build and still think it's viable

Cow Only 09-14-2010 11:18 PM

Wow buddy, you sure wasted your time there.

Lorifel 09-14-2010 11:38 PM

Wit's End is fine actually, because it is an extremely cheap and effective item. Most of my games with Xin ended with Boots (Tabi or Mercury), Lantern, Aegis and Wit's End, which is a very cheap and solid build for him.

Nightdancer ND 09-15-2010 01:31 AM

Go away with that Lantern. With Xin you want to kill heros not creeps.
The Wit's End is seen rarely, but with all that Manamune user around it is not a bad choice.

I like the active on Sword of the Divine, if I have to fight dodgers like Nidalee or Jax.

Lorifel 09-15-2010 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nightdancer ND (Hozzászólás 2921224)
Go away with that Lantern. With Xin you want to kill heros not creeps.

You, sir, completely misunderstand the value of Lantern. It is a cheap early-game AD, armour and lifesteal. Do the maths: you pay 1.525 gold for 1.843 gold equivalent boost of your stats!

Lategame you keep it for free wards (Go-Go, Map Awareness!), and for the ability to heal back all your HP in seconds just by killing a couple of creep camps.

Besides, getting Madred is a must when you jungle.