League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Lore Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Woo, Munchlord! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=249085)

Zzilb 09-14-2010 05:15 PM

Woo, Munchlord!

Hurraaay. Our very own lore forum denizen Munch got himself in todays JoJ. Having his terminology acknowledged veritably defined another bit of the lore and strikes me as a swanky honor. Zaunite ex-theoretical techmaturgical 'corpsecrafting' hextechnological necromancy for everybody. He is practically a celebrity now.

Sign my chest, Munchyyy!~

-- As a side note. Gosh that JoJ had a lot of tasty subtle details in it. Each of them enhances our understanding of the story of the world and gives fuel we can use to draw abstract conclusions and calibrate our ideas of scale. Excitement! Nerdy, Nerdy excitement!
Further detail on how the city-states and the league interact, more data on what a Yeti is, funfacts for Institute departmentalization and a fine example of what a League battle would be, the notes of the shopkeeper and that gold is a champion possession rather than a summoner-side way of keeping score, a new substance to enhance the realism/depth of the world (shimmer) and all of it done while telling a progressing story about Champions amidst humorous elements (foamy mundo tongues). You cant possibly keep this up, Rioterz. It was too good. Months from now the world will either have so much detail no one can remember it, or we'll have run out and the only new article will be 'Which champ is Nashahago making out with this month?'

ipleadthefif208 09-14-2010 05:15 PM

congreats man

KarrieBear 09-14-2010 05:16 PM

We can all only wish to have summoner names that awesome.

Tourist Fjord 09-14-2010 05:31 PM

Congratulations Munchlord, I wish you all the best with your efforts in the League.

That is, if we survive the expedition. :D.

Lord Abbendis 09-14-2010 06:26 PM

Congrats Munchlord:)

K D Bonez 09-15-2010 08:02 AM

Lucky fella, but I guess it's because he had such a good lore question

Munchlord 09-15-2010 09:37 AM

Holy sh*t I didn't expect this kind of reaction. I've been a semi-mod/notable on a forum before, but never did something like this crop up lol. Oh well...

Message for my female fans: anyone wishing a signed chest line up to the left :p

Message for male fans: I will under no circumstances sign any phallic possessions or body parts, not even if you show up wearing a pink, gem-encrusted platemail and rant about the fabulousness of gems. ;P

On a more serious note, if I get my way, this is far from the last time you hear from Munchlord. I have already submitted my next in character reader mail to the JoJ. This one, while a bit more humorous in nature, is also revealing a little more of his character and showing that the grishly art of necromancy is not the only thing he occupies himself with in his spare time. Lastly, I corrected his title this time. I intend to send such to the JoJ staff whenever I can think of something good to write, basically.

Concerning the fact that my summoner name is supposedly awesome (thank you for saying that BTW), it's actually my title. I was awarded it by my friends in 8th grade because we usually played Munchkin in the breaks. After about half a year, I was stably winning about 80% of the games, so they gave me the title Lord of Munchkin. Over the years, it was contracted to Munchlord. It's fitting in another way too though, since I love food, preferrably in large amounts. I have somehow managed not to become spherical in spite of that trait though.

And to Fjord: Munchlord will survive, no matter how the expedition turns out. Why and how I'm not telling, but I have a rather extensive amount of lore concerning him that I'll reveal bits and pieces of as time progresses. For now, I'll leave it at that he's from the Shadow Isles, about 200 years old (in spite of looking like he's 26), and hyper intelligent, bordering on the inhuman.

Kingvolke 09-17-2010 01:51 AM

I remember my spotlight in the first question response issue... *ahem* I feel this didn't exactly get my good side... D-Did I really sound that...snotty?

Pigmeo 09-17-2010 04:09 AM

Grats munchlord xD, thats probably cuz there wasnt a lore section back then King.

Kingvolke 09-17-2010 04:35 AM

Oh yes... I forgot the reason why I even came here... I've officially declared Munchlord (as a character of course) as my bitter... rival... I don't stand for your necromantic ways... the dead should stay dead!