League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   I struggle in ranked! help me improve? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2488297)

peterisyum 08-17-2012 10:55 PM

I struggle in ranked! help me improve?

Hey guys

First of all thanks for coming into this thread to help me out! Over the last week i've been playing a bit of ranked and haven't won a single game. initially i did the usual childish "well it must be my team i did okay" but it's time for me to admit there must be something wrong with my play. If anyone wants to, take a look at my recent games and maybe let me know if any of my builds have been poor or what you think I could be improving in, or just general tips and tricks. Im currently way down below at around 850 ELO :(

Thanks so much for helping me out in advance

peterisyum

BananaSniper 08-17-2012 11:21 PM

I saw some of your match history, and your items look fine. Getting QSS against mordekaiser is obviously the right defensive item, however I don't know how your laning phase went, how far behind your team was in gold, or how your solo lanes did. Also I don't know your positioning in the fights or your teams focus. So it is hard to comment on how you lost the game and who's at fault. But as far as your items were on your corki and ashe game, you were fine.

peterisyum 08-18-2012 12:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForgivEnemy (Hozzászólás 28372601)
I saw some of your match history, and your items look fine. Getting QSS against mordekaiser is obviously the right defensive item, however I don't know how your laning phase went, how far behind your team was in gold, or how your solo lanes did. Also I don't know your positioning in the fights or your teams focus. So it is hard to comment on how you lost the game and who's at fault. But as far as your items were on your corki and ashe game, you were fine.

Well it is good to know that at least that part of the game is okay, is there any role in particular that can influence ranked games most?

HaShedon 08-18-2012 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterisyum (Hozzászólás 28373903)
Well it is good to know that at least that part of the game is okay, is there any role in particular that can influence ranked games most?

I think it's generally agreed upon that mid and jungle are best for carrying.

Lost Rains 08-18-2012 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peterisyum (Hozzászólás 28373903)

Any role can be potent, depends on how well you play them.

DirtyJs 08-18-2012 10:44 AM

early game - focus on farm
midgame - focus on dragon and turrets
lategame - hope you never get to this stage at 850 elo because at least 60% of your team will have no idea how to play the late game (no wards, get caught in own jungle, no baron awareness, doesn't group with team, still derping in lane trying to farm waves of creeps, will base to heal after winning fights)
all game - ward ward ward

if you follow the above formula for early and midgames, you'll carry yourself to 900 elo. not much, i know, but one does not simply gain elo. if you ward correctly, and focus on winning OBJECTIVES (read: global gold), you will win the midgame. And if you do these things very well, you can get yourself to 1100 elo assuming your mechanical skill isn't seriously lacking, and you're itemizing well. (i've seen brutaliser manamune ashe at 6-700 elo)

remember to ward - wards are cheap and they win games. wards lead to dragons, wards allow for safe split pushes, wards will help you catch derps out of positions, wards help you secure objectives, wards win fights before a fight even begins, wards win games.

peterisyum 08-18-2012 05:46 PM

thanks guys, i've got a lot to think about now on my journey to becoming a better player

xCry0x 08-18-2012 10:31 PM

download lolreplay.

Record your games.

Post the replays so people can give you feedback.

It is hard to judge otherwise unless you are doing really stupid **** to the point that people can just look at your item build and say wtf.

That said, it looks like corki is your top played champion in ranked and your win % is only 25%. Your top pick should be over 50% or else you are going to keep going backwards. You go look at players with tons of games and they will have 1 champion that they have 50-60 games played and they will generally be about 54-55% ish with them. That means that in every 100 games they win 4-5 more than they lose and hopefully go up in elo slightly.

My guess is that you are a poor corki player while volibear on the other hand you have 11 games played and 63% - why is that? Voli & corki are (hopefully) played in dif lanes.. corki is a bot voli is top or jungle. So maybe you are better at top or jungle than bot lane? If that is the case you should emphasize to your team that you suck balls at bot lane but are good top or jungle. Most teams dont want someone playing a lane that they openly aknowledge they suck ass at. Whenever I join a ranked game I say, "I suck at jungle so anything besides that." This is because I literally have 0 jungle champions I feel as comfortable with as I do with support, bot, mid or top. If you think you are good at bot and main bot sorry to break it to you but apparently you are not. Go practice more, you should be able to play normal queue and rarely lose your lane.

Your cs is underwhelming - in most of your games you finish ~100 cs. In a lane you should be hitting 100 cs by the 12-15 min mark and hitting 120-130 by 20 min - if you are in a super aggressive lane and are newer to csing then it can be difficult but it is one of the most important things to get good at. Also do not forget to keep csing, especially if you are playing a carry. Corki is my main ADC and when I play him even if I have a **** lane phase and only get 100ish cs I still end the game with ~200 because I am always clearing jungle mobs and creep waves whenever possible.

You can have the best item build ever in mind but if you do not get your first main item until 30 mins in it doesn't matter. @ 20 min mark you should be finishing your tri force or infinity edge as an ad carry.

1234567890 08-18-2012 10:46 PM

The best tip is not to carry, or play a solo lane. play a champ that makes a difference. i got this from a 2.1k elo player. By difference, i dont mean gangplank even if he's solo. Amumu, Shen, Malphite are my favorites, and others could be Udyr, Alistar, Janna. you dont always have to carry

TheUltimateMagi 08-18-2012 11:57 PM

I've heard playing support is good to get up elo as you can generally stop your carry from dieing to much and thus stoping the game from going too badly south.