League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Cho's Ult not going through shields (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=248341)

Vyain 09-14-2010 07:12 AM

Cho's Ult not going through shields

I thought i might have just mis-judged damage at first, but this has happened twice now.

If a champion has some sort of shield on such as urgot's or janna's, cho-gaths ult does next to no damage (im talking around 100 damage). Like i said, at first i thought have just misjudged how strong one of the shields were, but now i know its a bug.

This last time it happened to me i had 450 AP on chogath at level 16. That makes his ult do around 1350 damage (900 base + 1-1 AP ratio). I tried to eat a janna that had around 400 life. Just as i was about to eat her, she put a shield on. I figured i easily had enough damage to eat through the shield (she only had around 200 AP) When i ate her, it did around 150 damage after the shield and she was able to float away. Im assumeing there is no way that janna's shield can absorb up to 1000+ damage...

This same thing happened when i tried to eat Urgot and he had his shield on. I should have easily killed him even if he had a level 5 shield on. (He was level 10 at the time so i doubt he maxed shield first)

I havnt been able to test this with other shield champs yet (blitzcrank's passive, sion, and morganna come to mind as well)

Has anyone else run into this problem?

BiggerFish 09-14-2010 07:16 AM

noticed something similar during an aram game. ult did about 100-150, not exactly sure, against a morg with shield up.

Alcmaeonid 09-14-2010 07:16 AM

Not a Cho player so I don't want to jump to conclusions but couldn't you just not eat them when they have a shield up? Or eat someone who isn't going to get a shield? Seems like a good resolution.

Ragels 09-14-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcmaeonid (Hozzászólás 2907557)
Not a Cho player so I don't want to jump to conclusions but couldn't you just not eat them when they have a shield up? Or eat someone who isn't going to get a shield? Seems like a good resolution.

There is bug, but don't worry, you can just Feast someone you don't want to.

Is that really what you just said?

Boreall 09-14-2010 07:18 AM

At first, I knew that Cho's ult was reduced by shields to an extent, true damage doesn't ignore shields. Derp.

However, a ~90% reduction in damage? No way. That has to be a bug. Any word from Riot would be great

Minrog 09-14-2010 07:19 AM

Maybe if they have a shield up it is not counting that part of Feast to be true damage. If they had a lot of MR I could see their shields blocking that much; you might have found another bug with Feast.

Alcmaeonid 09-14-2010 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragels (Hozzászólás 2907570)
There is bug, but don't worry, you can just Feast someone you don't want to.

Is that really what you just said?

Do you think that's what I said, or do you just like reading your own typing?

Boreall 09-14-2010 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Minrog (Hozzászólás 2907583)
Maybe if they have a shield up it is not counting that part of Feast to be true damage. If they had a lot of MR I could see their shields blocking that much; you might have found another bug with Feast.

If shields turned True damage is Magic Damage, Why hasn't this been clarified? And as far as a know, Brolaf doesn't suffer from this?

Wankeroo 09-14-2010 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vyain (Hozzászólás 2907530)
(she only had around 200 AP)

>.>

only...

BiggerFish 09-14-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alcmaeonid (Hozzászólás 2907557)

so we should just ignore the bug and not finish off shielded players?
EXCELLENT SUGGESTION! now give me back double rocket heimer, that bug should have been ignored as well, and poppy soloing dragon (at lvl 2), then getting the bounty for firstblooding herself is just fine and dandy too. for that matter, the old "heal olaf then have him suicide on a tower for free gold" trick was just a tactic that you should defend against, not in anyway a glitch or unintended flaw.

*edit* forgot to call you a moron. moron.