League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Champion Concept] - Echo, the spirit wisp (support) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2480557)

DryRun 08-15-2012 06:55 PM

[Champion Concept] - Echo, the spirit wisp (support)

Echo, the spirit wisp

Overview:
Gender - Female
Race - Mana Wisp
Origin - Mount Gargantuan
Alliance - Nuetral (well meaning)
Class: Support
Subclass: Mage
Weapon: Energy Pulse
Attack Type: Ranged
Energy Source: Mana

Description
Echo is a dedicated support champion. She is designed to compliment bottom laning carries in both a passive and a more direct way. Also, she has good team fight presence both strengthening allies and pinning down enemies. Her Q gives her almost unlimited versatility. She should scale well throughout a game as well do to her growing passive effect, her ability to assist ADs bot with movement speed control, and later her powerful cool down buff for APs. Visually, Echo is a Goddess of swirling blues and white illuminated from the inside.

Quick Ability Overview

Passive - A percentage of damage she takes is absorbed by her mana. (Much like singes passive, but more support build orientated)

Q - Mimics the last ability that effected her, but at a higher cost and longer cooldown.

W - Cast-able shield that conveys cooldown reduction to target.

E - Speed boost that can speed up allies. Reactivate when near enemies for small cc. Can refund Mana.

R - Links nearby enemy champions slowing them by a small amount, after the duration can switch enemies locations who are still linked.

Abilities

Passive - Magical - Echo is a creature of magic, and not being entirely of this world, she is not entirely affected by it. 30% of the damage taken by Echo is instead transferred to her mana pool. With zero mana, Echo takes full damage in Hp pool.
This lets echo get away with taking some damage while harassing in lane as she has no self heal like other supports. It also makes Philo stone an easy choice. Basically it goes well with the spirit theme and plays into Echos mana based gameplay. 30% reduction seems stong, but remember singed gets 25% mana as HP this innate is 5% more, but costs echo tons of mana to maintain, also urgot gets 15% reduction for basically free.

Q - Echo - Echo mimics the last non ultimate ability that has struck her using her stats for damage calculations.
Costs - 125/120/115/110/105% of the abilities mana/health/energy cost on the other champion (all paid by Echo in mana)
Cooldown - equal to abilities cooldown (125/120/115/110/105%) on other champion
Range - same as copied spell
Spells that hit here 'stick for 1.5 seconds, any abilities effecting her during this time are not available to be echoed. This is a really interesting idea, it makes for unlimited fun in game. I think it will be kept in check by the fact that although it exactly mimics the last spell shes been targeted with it uses her stats, so it will almost certainly be less powerful then her opponents version. Although from time to time it will be silly fun like an AP build echo doing a Trynd spin for like 550 damage.

W - Reverberate - Echo casts a shield on ally or self that absorbs 80/120/160/200/240 (+0.5ap + 5% max mana) damage for up to 5 seconds. On cast the selected target has their next cast non ultimate ability cool down lowered by 15/20/25/30/35% (cannot exceed 40% cap).
Costs - 50/60/70/80/90 mana
Cooldown - 23/21/19/17/15 seconds
Range - 550
This is a very strong support spell. Obviously the shield prevents allies from harm, but the CD reduction lets other, stronger players dish out their damage faster. It is balanced by 1, its own long cool down. 2, the mana cost on the player using it, no character can long sustain double casting their spells early game. 3, its low effect early game.

E - Ethereal Form - Echo slips into the ethereal plane for 2.5/3/3.5/4/4.5 seconds, during which time she gains 35% movement speed and ignores unit collision. Additionally, any allies Echo passed through gain 20% movement speed. If Echo ends the spell early the quick dissipation of ethereal energy knocks up nearby surrounding enemies for 0.5 seconds. Enemies caught in the knock up take 100/150/200/250/300 (+0.5ap) magic damage. Echo refunds 65% of the mana cost for each champion she passes through.
Costs - 80/90/100/110/120 mana
Cooldown - 16 seconds
Range - Self
This is a multipurpose utility spell. Consider all the possible uses. Escape, speed up allies chasing target, chase down and knock up fleeing target, in desperation suicide into pack of enemies chasing your low health allies applying minor buffs and slows along the way before the small Aoe knock up. damage similar to rammus powerball, but duration shorter, speed much less, scaling only half as well, you gain the unit collision ignore, but at the end youre in the middle of things, where you dont want to be, but rammus does.

R - Mana Burst - Echo unleashes tendrils of mana at 3/4/5 nearby enemy champions who receive damage equal to 100/150/200 (+0.35ap) every second. Enemies effected are slowed by 15% for up to three seconds. At the end of the duration, all enemies still tethered have their essences randomly swapped through Echoes magic, and find themselves at the end of a differrent tendril then they started.
Costs - 100/150/200 mana
Cooldown - 120 / 110 / 100 seconds
Range - 450 (tethers break at 650 range)
This is a major disruption ult, i wanted there to be the same fear as when morgana comes charging into a teamfight. It has decent but not overly strong damage. Plus i think the swapping people around is disruptive and fun, in a normal fight you should mess up positioning, but theres a chance some games you will end up putting a tank where you wants to be, or helping someone escape. The skill would be in grabbing the right players and positioning yourself to do so. The swap would happen very quickly, virtually instantly so that the effect did not have the additional strength of delaying enemies escapes. In game it would look something like....the blue/white tendrils shoot out and enemies effected start to glow cracks of white and azure light escaping through their skins until eventually, at 3 seconds all enemies still attached are a glowing white sphere then when it all snaps back to normal your standing where you've been placed. On the screen of the target player the tendril you were going to end up at will start to blink faster and faster until it happens. The Aoe would be small, 3/4 the ranged of morganas in initial reach but full length in the tethers.

Stats

Damage 47 (+2.5 / per level)
Health 405 (+79 / per level)
Mana 310 (+45 / per level)
Move Speed 330
Armor 12 (+3.5 / per level)
Spell Block 30 (+0 / per level)
Health Regen 4.5 (+0.55 / per level)
Mana Regen 8 (+0.8 / per level)

Lore
Amongst the highest mountain peaks on Runeterra exist hidden valleys seemingly untouched by time. Nestled into one such alcove lies a community of sprites. Daughters of Gods long forgotten, the sprites have existed in blissful ignorance of the world around them for time immortal. Echo was the youngest sprite in the community, and also the most adventurous. She alone of all the valleys inhabitants had ever scaled the shear cliffs and hazardous climbs to the craggy peaks above. Often she would sit alone on the ridge of some forlorn mountain and wonder what lay beyond.
It was during on of these trips that it happened, as Echo sat, day dreaming she noticed the skies growing dark. A terrible crash erupted from center of the valley. Echo raced home to find all her friends, indeed, everyone she had ever known possessed by madness. They attacked her on sight, and though they were but diminished husks of their former selves, there were hundreds of them. Even Echoes desperate pleas would not stop their relentless attacks and she was forced into ever greater lengths to defend herself.
Finally, after many hours as the fatigue threatened to overcome her, echo unleashed an earth shattering blast of all her remaining magic. Her last moments of consciousness were of the decimation of her family by her own hand. Ever vigilant against the misuse of magic, the summoners at the institute of war could not help but notice the cataclysmic release on the mountains that day. When the exploration party returned with Echoes drained body, she was nursed back to health within the League of Legends were she remains, the perfect place to piece together what happened to her home.
- "That was only the beginning." - Malzahar, the Prophet of the Void

Appearance -
Height - Average height.
Physical Build - Slim and Curvy (its lol after all). She barely exists physically and floats semi-transparently.
Hair style and color - Long and gravity defying, floats like the rest of her.
Eye color - Blue.
Weapons - Unleashes ethereal energy.
Attire - Being of almost pure energy, skin and clothing one and the same.

Please leave some feed back. this is a first draft changes and pictures to come.
please check out my other champions -
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=mira - A versatile jungler based a bit on Mina from Dracula
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=rymr - A quirky lightning mage that really wants to auto attack you
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...3#post28461233 - An animated body controlled by the ghosts of a slaughtered legion, an ad carry that can stop a charge in its tracks

Please leave some feedback.
If you liked this champion, here is a link to all my concepts in one spot, Dryruns Champion Muster Point, so stop on by and have a look, see what you like. There is a champion for every type of sensibility. Review and leave a link for a trade. Good luck with all your creating!

DryRun 08-16-2012 04:27 PM

Change Log

Went with Ult number 2
Added some mana ratios, which i think are great on support as long as they are not insanely high.

DryRun 08-17-2012 02:58 AM

Any reviews? questions? complaints? what do you guys think about the copy cat spell?

iZianni 08-17-2012 03:10 AM

Keeping track of the last spell used would be hard unless it only mimicked what hit you.

The cd reduction on the shield would be a bit op of you use it on nuking characters.

The ultimate is fairly useles outside a team fight and inside as well. Something like Vlad's ut mixed in and removing the MR reduction might be wise. Movemnt speed should also be toned down otherwise you'd out pace your opponents with your ultimate.

Your chasing spell is also a bit too strong since it's basically a ghost summoner spell with a stun knock up spell. I only thing I like about it would be the speeding and slowing of enemies when you go though them. That'd be very useful in many ways.

Also the mana shield is kind of pointless since you have no attk/defense spells if you get caught out you're screwed. They'd just range you down and you'd have to go back over and over for mana/health.

You're basically a Zilean.

Stretch Panic 08-17-2012 04:17 AM

You make photos or you make people to make them for you?

DryRun 08-18-2012 05:51 AM

iZianni - Yes it would be hard. Echo only mimics the last spell that targeted her. example she is hit by nid spear, she can throw one back, unless shes gets hit by something else before she uses it, i think good Echo players would key up a useful spell so its ready to use once you click, that way even if she is hit by something else, the current spell remains ready to use, she could hold onto a spell for quite awhile that way.

-they cd shield would be strong on nukers yes, but thats the idea, its most likely stronger then a damage ability of her own, but it only speeds up the cool down of a friendly champ and there has to be a useful friendly champ nearby, i think this is a perfect support type spell, shields an ally, gives them a useful buff, not very strong if used on yourself, but potentially very strong if used correctly with good team mate, supports should be force multiplers.

- ult revamp in the works

- yeah i got carried away with numbers on the speed boost, im going to check kennens speed up to compare, also its slower then rammus, has a harder to hit knock up, its nice that it speeds up allies, rammus slows as well, but in echoes case, you've ended up in the middle of things were you dont want to be, were as with rammus you do. also much shorter duration.

-the mana shield idea benefits from a good support build with lots of mana, i might up the numbers as singe gets 25% mana to hp, plus this has a downside. yes, in fact im going to go way up like maybe 30% regardless, it rewards a good support build, and helps in lane were it would let you trade harass without dying.

-i guess she is like zilean in regards to the cool down reduction spell, except it is not a flat ten but much weaker % and castable on allies. with the shield she is like a lot of support (and none support champions)

-also she has attack/defense spells, she has a shield, she can return any offensive spell, she has a decent slow and a great speed buff, so being caught in the open (which hopefuly as a support your not trying to do) actually wouldnt be too much of a problem.

Stretch Panic - i dont know what you mean

thanks for the reviews! the new ultimate will be in place soon, there were a few ideas and i'll go with another one.

DryRun 08-19-2012 10:06 AM

Updated: new ult, new ratios.

SephirothWontDie 08-19-2012 01:29 PM

i very much enjoy this one. its really cool, and the dmg to mana thing is pretty useful. the one thing that bothers me is how certain abilities might be tossed back. example, she stands in singed poison trail, would she be able to do this if she uses her copy? if so, would there be a duration on it instead of just cancleing it? and what about rammus roll? how would she look doing that? there are many issues i could think of when looking at that, but i will settle for what i have now. for shield, i would make it, at the most, last 2 non-ult abilities used get the cdr, but myself would say the 1 most recently used ability. no problem with ethereal form. no problem with ult. good job. :)

DryRun 08-19-2012 02:55 PM

Thanks for the review SephirothWontDie! i'll go through the points
firstly, thanks for agreeing with teh passive, it promotes good support builds, and i think gives her some lane sustain. yes the biggest problem would be how to animate her doing all those spells...rammus roll would be one example of many....as for the singed thing, yeah once she walked into it she could potentially use it as her Q, in that case she could leave it on for as long as she wanted, but its mana cost would mean not for too to long. the shield only cools down the most recent spell. she could combo with it herself, which would be cool, steal an ability, cast it, cooldown quickly, cast again, but as a support who ratios with mana, her copied abilities wont be as strong as the people she steals from. thanks for the review!

DryRun 08-20-2012 02:12 PM

Added the Lore section.