League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 23

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2476468)

Anodoin 08-14-2012 05:40 PM

Previewing Windows 8? We'd Like Your Feedback!

Hey, everyone,

With the release of Windows 8 coming up in the near future, we would like to know what issues may occur for users with Windows 8. Some of you may have tried League of Legends while previewing Windows 8, and we would love to hear about any new issues you experienced.

In general, these issues may include graphical distortion, issues with sound, poor interaction with other applications, crashes, or performance issues. (Server-side bugs such as problems with spell damage, mob behavior, etc. are not applicable here)

If you’ve experienced any of these issues on Windows 8, please create a bug report with “[Windows 8]” in its title and let us know the following things:

Detailed Description: (What you are experiencing)
Reproduction Steps: (What you did to get there – specific instructions are awesome, but we know that isn’t always possible. If you don’t know how you did it, please just give us as much detail as you can remember)
DxDiag: Please attach a DxDiag to your post (done by going to your command line and inputting “DxDiag” and then clicking “Save All Information”.)
r3dlogs: Please attach the r3dlog from the game where you experienced the issue. You can find them in (Your League of Legends Directory)\Logs\Game – R3d Logs\

If you get a BugSplat from a crash on a computer running Windows 8, please include [Windows 8] in the text of the comment field and let us know the ID Number of the submitted report.

Thanks for your help!

Asif25 08-14-2012 05:49 PM

yes will give feedback on this just as soon as I try window 8

nickbnimble 08-14-2012 06:09 PM

I've actually been running league with no issues I'm currently using Windows 8 Release Preview, but also had no issues with it when it was Windows 8 Consumer Preview. That is assuming that a client running on Windows 7 also experiences particles on skillshots that are coming out of a bush not always appearing. Its nothing entirely bothersome if it is a bug, I have had no issues learning to predict and play around it.

Risemix 08-14-2012 06:57 PM

It runs basically identically to how it runs in Windows 7. However, better integration into the Windows 8 metro environment would be pretty awesome, perhaps a Metro client to replace the air client? ;)

PaperIguana 08-14-2012 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anodoin (Hozzászólás 28250543)
Hey, everyone,

With the release of Windows 8 coming up in the near future, we would like to know what issues may occur for users with Windows 8. Some of you may have tried League of Legends while previewing Windows 8, and we would love to hear about any new issues you experienced.

In general, these issues may include graphical distortion, issues with sound, poor interaction with other applications, crashes, or performance issues. (Server-side bugs such as problems with spell damage, mob behavior, etc. are not applicable here)

If you’ve experienced any of these issues on Windows 8, please create a bug report with “[Windows 8]” in its title and let us know the following things:

Detailed Description: (What you are experiencing)
Reproduction Steps: (What you did to get there – specific instructions are awesome, but we know that isn’t always possible. If you don’t know how you did it, please just give us as much detail as you can remember)
DxDiag: Please attach a DxDiag to your post (done by going to your command line and inputting “DxDiag” and then clicking “Save All Information”.)
r3dlogs: Please attach the r3dlog from the game where you experienced the issue. You can find them in (Your League of Legends Directory)\Logs\Game – R3d Logs\

If you get a BugSplat from a crash on a computer running Windows 8, please include [Windows 8] in the text of the comment field and let us know the ID Number of the submitted report.

Thanks for your help!

Played yesterday in a normal blind pick game and hecarim only had his aura when he used his dash attack, scared the **** out of me, just a ghost with an aura coming right at me.

Bejango 08-14-2012 08:17 PM

I've played on Windows 8 a couple times and so far i had no problems

Isamichi 08-14-2012 09:24 PM

i've had quite a few problems with Windows 8. I'll be happy to post the bugs i've kept in mind.

NitroNatalie 08-15-2012 04:28 AM

My problem isn't with LoL in Windows 8 as it is Windows 8 itself. We have the dev version at work, and I hate it.

Radle 08-15-2012 10:32 AM

Props to Riot for being that "wise"

I will go to win xp soon; i dont think win8 will be better than xp64 (besides direkt x but i never used more than 9.29 e)

SwagCheney 08-15-2012 12:09 PM

Client always crashes post game, so you never get a end game report.
If you select a champ too fast also you will get an adobe air debug message.