League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How does one play an adc carry? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2470975)

Luxiere 08-12-2012 11:53 PM

How does one play an adc carry?

And I'm talking about ranged carries.

I currently have Teemo, Vayne, Varus, Ashe, Tristana, and Draven.

Majority of my games, I would use Teemo for eitger top or bot depending on the team and his map awareness. I did try using Vayne but she's kinda hard to use for me.

Besides than Vayne, what other champs would you suggest?

And.. Example. If my opponents would go all in then got me and my support real hurt, I would go back off right? But what if my support is still caught in there? Must I just leave my support and run off? It just doesn't feel right just leaving them sometimes for me

Great ranged adc's out there, I need your assistance!

D4m10n 08-13-2012 12:10 AM

Graves, Corki, Urgot, Ezreal are all great AD Carries. Your support should always be warding so that you don't get ganked, so there should be few times (in the laning phase) where you and your support are caught so out of position that you die from ganks.

These wards are crucial and make it so the fight in your lane lies mostly in the skill and positioning of you and your support. I play support (not in high ranked matches, yet, but I watch a lot of streams, do my home work, and play with a team of 5) There are times where we are caught out of position, and me or my carry dying is unavoidable, under those conditions I will run into the fray and do my best to keep them off my carry.

A support is to do just that, SUPPORT. The AD carry surviving and getting CS is crucial to the mid and late game, where as a support dying isn't going to have near the effect. So, if you see your support running into an obvious death, do NOT go in and try to save them in some unrealistic heroic last stand. Let them take the hit for you, thank them for being good, and CS by your tower until they are back.

Again, I can not stress the importance of your support supplying wards in the river to make sure you two are not ganked. If the support is having issues keeping wards on them, make sure to have one or two on you, so if worst comes to worst, you can throw one down and avoid an embarrassing death.

Ohasis 08-13-2012 12:10 AM

Its all about risk assessment and deciding on the fly whether to fight or flee.
If you're going to give 2 kills to their adc instead of 1, and you aren't going to get the same return, it might not be worth it. It also depends on what champ you're using, some have better kits for aggression (graves), and some are better suited to farming for the late game (kog....and graves.)

tdlr; creep farming more important, choose encounters carefully. Also, Graves.

Ohasis 08-13-2012 12:12 AM

I hate to be nitpicky but Urgot is actually an anticarry. His role is to shut down the opponents ad carry so that they are underfarmed.

D4m10n 08-13-2012 12:18 AM

You could very well be right, Ohasis. I'm just saying he plays the role of an "AD Carry" in the bot lane, but you're definitely right in his more designated role of anti-ad

SuperBUGS 08-13-2012 12:21 AM

Urgot? Pretty under-rated on the NA server.
-Almost never banned in NA server compared to EU.
-Passive minus ALL15% Dmg from who he target... thats means your already 15% tankier than the enemy ADC.
-Great Q Pokes + Can last Hit if your getting zoned
-One of the only bot carries that has a Shield "W" & Slow In Built
-E combo's with Q for greater pokes/harassment + it Reduces a percentage of their armor 12% Lvl 1 + Your extra 10% Armor Reduction from Masteries.
-R Provides great utility for the team + Makes you uber tank once it lvl 3
-ADC & AD based Bruisers will generally not hurt you
-Only the AP carry can burst you down cuz most of the time you'll be going for armor base bonus items.

Guess what? He is said to outclass most if not all of the current ADC meta.
http://championselect.net/champ/Urgot
Surely, you'll not be the purest of all AD but you will survive longer than most of the ADC.
You can pretty much aim their ADC in team fights, your pretty much killing item is a Last whispers.
40%armpen + 20% from your E + 10% from your masteries eats away 70% of someone's armor if you decide to target them.

O yes, you'll rarely get hurt when your playing urgot.
Just learn how to trade dmg and negate it with your shield.
Suggest you go all Flat armor quin + seals if you want that early game tankiness, marks just go all flat armpen and glyphs flat mr.
You want to bully the hell out of your lane.

Luxiere 08-13-2012 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4m10n (Hozzászólás 28188314)
Graves, Corki, Urgot, Ezreal are all great AD Carries. Your support should always be warding so that you don't get ganked, so there should be few times (in the laning phase) where you and your support are caught so out of position that you die from ganks.

These wards are crucial and make it so the fight in your lane lies mostly in the skill and positioning of you and your support. I play support (not in high ranked matches, yet, but I watch a lot of streams, do my home work, and play with a team of 5) There are times where we are caught out of position, and me or my carry dying is unavoidable, under those conditions I will run into the fray and do my best to keep them off my carry.

A support is to do just that, SUPPORT. The AD carry surviving and getting CS is crucial to the mid and late game, where as a support dying isn't going to have near the effect. So, if you see your support running into an obvious death, do NOT go in and try to save them in some unrealistic heroic last stand. Let them take the hit for you, thank them for being good, and CS by your tower until they are back.

Again, I can not stress the importance of your support supplying wards in the river to make sure you two are not ganked. If the support is having issues keeping wards on them, make sure to have one or two on you, so if worst comes to worst, you can throw one down and avoid an embarrassing death.

Thanks D4m10n. I sometimes go try to do something for the supports since there has been incidents that they made out alive, also incidents where they cussed me till death because I just left them there. Which would result to them not supporting me at all at times..

I forgot to mention I have Ezreal too. Not that good though, his snowballing thing looks kinda hard but you never know if you try I guess.

Thank you for your tips!

Luxiere 08-13-2012 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ohasis (Hozzászólás 28188324)
Its all about risk assessment and deciding on the fly whether to fight or flee.
If you're going to give 2 kills to their adc instead of 1, and you aren't going to get the same return, it might not be worth it. It also depends on what champ you're using, some have better kits for aggression (graves), and some are better suited to farming for the late game (kog....and graves.)

tdlr; creep farming more important, choose encounters carefully. Also, Graves.

I shall try graves. I've heard a lot of people say he's real good. I've been meaning to try him and I guess this might be the right time.

Thank you for your suggestions and tips!

JcGNeon 08-13-2012 12:40 AM

I main Corki and Ashe. You'll need to be sure to farm quite well. At least 120 CS at the 20 minute mark. Have good map awareness to avoid getting ganked (run if you see a 3v2 coming). Learn when to harass your opponent (varies from champion to champion; as Corki I usually farm to level 6 and then start bullying my opponent fairly hard; as Ashe I am poking my opponent with the multishot whenever the opportunity arises). A quick little checklist to run in your mind is:

Am I taking damage?

If yes --> go to where I'm not taking damage. Farm, and harass opponent if possible.

If no --> farm and harass opponent.

I prefer Blitz, Sona, and Leona for supports.

Last hitting under tower:

melee minions --> tower hit it twice and you last hit it.

ranged minions --> tower hit it once and you hit it.

If they are attacking your support then you should usually attack their ad carry. Without the ad carry around the support won't be doing much damage. If your carry will die before you can kill their carry, then chances are you should probably run.

As for recommended champions, Corki, Graves, and Ezreal are the top 3 at the moment. Kog Maw can be good.

Hope this helps.