League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Are the Champs I main viable in ranked? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2469787)

Prof Zuhayr 08-12-2012 06:26 PM

Are the Champs I main viable in ranked?

My best: Kassadin

2nd best: Shaco

3rd best: Nocturne

Worst: Hecarim (pretty sure he isn't viable, but still wondering).

I am not lvl 30 yet and am wanting to know if i can play my favorite champs without them being horrible or insta-ban.

P.S. I am planning on maining Nautilus soon too.

WeasuhL 08-12-2012 06:39 PM

Kassadin: Situationally, not really in my opinion.
Shaco: Low elo, yes. At the top he's never used, he becomes worthless when you play against intelligent people but he's a very good pubstomper.
Nocturne: Absolutely. Jungle Nocturne was banned multiple times at IPL recently, it's seen very often and it's very good. His clear times, his ultimate..Nocturne is also consistently in Tier 1-2 (RoG solo q tier list)

Hecarim: He's alright. Seen more often in normals but if you know how to play him no one would consider him a troll pick, it's just that there are better options in the current meta.

Nautilus: He has start-up problems, he's a high skill cap champion..but he's amazing if you can get off to a decent start . One of the best junglers and extremely high utility. He'll take a lot of practice and you may want to duo q with a mid or a top if you plan to use him. If Nautilus gets shut down you become worthless. I'd recommend you watch TSM TheOddOne's stream or Saintvicious' stream, you can learn a lot about jungling/junglers.

If you need any help, obviously, my summoner name is WeasuhL. I have Skype, Vent, TS3, etc. Feel free to add me in-game and we'll play sometime.

TeknoWizard 08-12-2012 06:52 PM

Well, be aware that Kassadin and Shaco are fairly common bans, and so is Nautilus.

WeasuhL 08-12-2012 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeknoWizard (Hozzászólás 28177121)
Well, be aware that Kassadin and Shaco are fairly common bans, and so is Nautilus.

Kass/Shaco are common bans in low elo, rarely-never at 1700+, especially not Shaco.

TeknoWizard 08-12-2012 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeasuhL (Hozzászólás 28177142)
Kass/Shaco are common bans in low elo, rarely-never at 1700+, especially not Shaco.

Let's be honest. If he's just starting ranked, a very small percentage of new ranked players will go above 1700+ quickly. Just statistically, it's more likely that he goes to low/average Elo, not 1700+.

Treza 08-12-2012 09:42 PM

well all of them are viable id say, maybe not at the absolute top tier of play though. shaco and kassadin both have 4 things in common. theyre very annoying, they are hard to kill, they escape from everything, and theyre very mobile. they are frequently banned when i play which has been areas basically at or below 1200, but not because they are overpowered. they just make a mess of disorganized inexperienced players

Ofermod 08-13-2012 12:58 AM

I've started seeing less Shaco bans recently (~1250 Elo). Kass is still a pretty common ban, although even he isn't at the permaban status he was a little while ago.

Flagrock 08-13-2012 05:35 AM

Kassidan: effective against most mages mid, if you're skilled with him he's a good pick
Shaco: Unless you are REALLY REALLY good with him he's a bad pick. The whole game is based off of the first 20 minutes on him. If you can't get like a 7/0 advantage to the right people you will struggle. He is worthless late game, most than even Garen (pre-reworking)
Nocturne: Good jungler, if you're good you'll excel. I rarely see Nocturne, but he can cause some havoc.
Hecarim: Great jungle clearing, decent ganks, viability: low. His ganks are good, his clear is good, he just cannot 1v1 anyone. He's pretty weak if he gets targeted, or if you're tanky your dmg isn't great. All he has is insane mobility. He is "viable" but not great. Nocturne is a better jungler
Nautilus: High skill cap, great jungler, good tank. If you get good with him he's very effective. One of the higher picked junglers for MLG tournaments.
Shaco will be banned nearly every game at the low elos, Kassidin will too. Nocturne and Hecarim won't be touched with bans (usually). Nautilus won't either if you get good with him.

BananaSniper 08-13-2012 05:54 AM

Any champion that "You main" is viable. If you are good enough with a champion you will beat people who pick "Counters" against you, because you just know the match up better and/or are a better player. -Scarra

Skilltestingman 08-13-2012 07:56 AM

I disagree that nocturn is bad at 1v1. In addition to being a great jungler, he can 1v1 quite easily. Ad carries is one because of his speed boost, fear, spell shield and his fear. Plus his Ult is just a big burst of damage. You just have to build him right