League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Fan Fiction (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   League Judgement - Marcus Du Couteau (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2468393)

Forlier 08-12-2012 01:51 PM

League Judgement - Marcus Du Couteau

What if the greatly anticipated General Du Couteau, father of Katarina and Cassiopeia, and trainer of Talon, joined the League of Legends after so many time of anticipation. What would be his judgement?

Candidate – Marcus Du Couteau

Observation

Du Couteau walked through the Institute, a hood covering his face. He did not want to reveal his presence too soon, not before the League would accept him as a champion. He could not afford to blow years of work and plotting just because some misinformed hotheaded wanted to settle a dispute.
Suspicious looks fell upon him as he followed the path to the inner halls. He readied his weapon just in case. His sword lied in his belt, and his vests no longer reflect those of a nobleman, but of a warrior, a renegade.

As he reaches the deepest room in the Institute, the one when champions only enter once, he removed his hood, for his vision to centre better the two massive doors that were presented in front of him. As he approaches, he notices markings, words, famous for their mysteriousness, even if they are apparently so direct. He heard them many times, considering they are very popular through out Valoran, and the fans of the League wonder many times their true meaning.
The General opened the doors, and as he walked towards the dark room, he could not stop but to think about those words. They echoed through his head, upsetting his thoughts.

“The truest opponent lies within”

Reflection

The room is dark as night. Du Couteau stands still as he waits whatever the summoners have in mind for him.
Suddenly, a flash of light blinds Du Couteau, surprising the General and making him lose balance. He places his arm in front of his eyes, trying to block the incoming light.
His surprise only increases more as his nose captures a scent too familiar to him to be comfortable. The smell of trees and open fields, of pure air and clean water. The characteristically pleasant scent of nature. He could recognize it anywhere. Ionia.

He regained his balance as he watched the scenario that to this day still haunted his nightmares. He stood at the top of the hill, watching the battle between his troops and the Ionians elapse. Far away, the city of Galrin, still untouched by the Noxian invaders, and he immediately recognized this dreadful scenario.

“No” – He said out loud, not afraid of any of his men hearing him. He knew this entire scenario was just the League’s way to judge their candidates, so he would not be bothered by manners when voicing his feelings. “Don’t make me watch this again”

His words were ignored, for the actions he didn’t want to bear witness again unfolded before his very eyes.

Galrin was bombarded by some kind of weapon. Both Noxians and Ionians stopped battling and stood still, as they watched Noxus’ long range artillery fire the bombs through the skies to land on Galrin’s every corner. But there was no explosions. There was nothing for a few seconds as silence invaded the battlefield.

Du Couteau remembered the surprise he felt when the barrage started. He had not ordered such weapons to be used, and the lack of evident damage to Galrin’s buildings and structures only served to aggravate his inner doubts. He had seen the cannons in action, and he disproved its usage himself. This were not the models he had seen.
But currently, he knew perfectly well why the cannons failed to damage the buildings, and the surprise he once felt was replaced by grief, anger and sorrow as he begged one more time.

“Please, don’t”

A cloud of green smoke covered the city’s skies, and as the soldiers watched, paralyzed, the Noxians at awe, the Ionians in fear, the screamings began. Pain-filled screams echoed through the air, as the inhabitants closer to the city’s doors started leaving, trying to escape the venom which infected everyone. Their attempts where met with failure, as, to their great terror, the nocive effects of the gas revealing themselves.

Their skin started to slowly melt, falling from their bodies and revealing their flesh, burning without fire and gargling as the poison ate through them. Their eyeballs started to swell and burst out of their cavities, their hands fell from the arms as the body consumed itself, hairs fell from their head and left them bald.

Although Du Couteau was very far away from this dreadful scenario, he could still somehow see them, ear their screams as they slowly died. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see it no more, but his mind reproduced the image time and time again.
Any other man would have fallen to despair when faced with the guilt Du Couteau had to live in, and to see it again happening, so vividly. But the General was not like any man. He hold himself in the conviction that as long as he lived with these visions, he would keep faithful to his quest. But seeing this event again affected him anyway.

“No. I have done many bad things in my live, things that I am not proud of. But this… barbarity, this madness. This was not by my hand.”

“It wasn’t, wasn’t it?” – A familiar voice, yet strange in this memory, talked behind him – “You never really had the guts to do what was required. Just like Darkwill”
“Jericho Swain.” – He said, his voice betraying disgust – “I heard you are now the Grand General. That explains why that brute Darius and his arrogant brother Draven were allowed in the institute.”
“Now, now, there’s no need to insult their skills. They are the perfect specimens of exemplar Noxians.”
“What do you know about an exemplar Noxian, you monster? You played with the entire Council, you plotted the events that started this **** war, and you hired the Zaunites who created these weapons. You smeared a stain in Noxian honor. What authority have you to speak about examples?”
“The authority of one who rules Noxus”
“As long as I live, your legacy will not endure.”
“Well, we can take care of that easily”

Du Couteau finally fell to the Master Tactician’s taunts. He drawn his sword with lighting’s speed and started executing a Falcon’s Strike. With a quick move, he placed his sword up and prepared to make the killing blow in the crippled man.
To his great surprise, Swain blocked the quick strike with his cane, with unnatural swiftness. The Grand General then fired a bolt of green energy from his free hand, the ability the League nicknamed Torment.
Du Couteau took three steps back, pain invading every part of his body. He quickly repositioned himself to counter attack Swain, launching himself against him in an attempt to strike him down. Swain responds by jumping back and dodging his strike. Du Couteau launches a knife strapped with a chain in the Grand General’s direction, hitting him right in the chest. The wound is clear, and blood can be seen dripping from it. Du Couteau thought he had him, not expecting what would happen next.
Swain transforms himself into a giant demon bird, ravens coming out of his body, and flying in the General’s direction. Distracted by the creatures, he drops the chained knife and begins swinging his sword at the birds. As he hits them, they let no blood spill, and quickly vanish into dark smoke. The Grand General took his distraction as an opportunity, and with a movement of an hand, he used his Nevermore. A sign appeared below Du Couteau’s feet, and, distracted by the birds, he wasn’t fast enough to leave before mystical talons erupted from the ground, freezing the general in place. He assumed the best defensive position he could, but for his great surprise, Swain did not attack. When Du Couteau looked at him, he was back again in his human form. But what the Noxian Renegade found stranger wasn’t that. It was his eyes. They were no longer the bloodred, but they were not dark green.

“Why do you want to join the League, Marcus Du Couteau?” – Swain asked
“To fix the evil you’ve done, to show everyone your true colours, and to restore the Noxian honor. Valoran will eventually know the truth, I will find proofs to confirm my findings. And when I do, I swear to you, Jericho Swain, that I will personally kill you”
“How does it feel, exposing your mind?”

In a blink, every thing was gone. Ionia, Swain, Du Couteau’s own wounds. There was only darkness. Seconds later, which felt like hours, the doors of the Inner Hall opened.
As Du Couteau walked to them, he knew there was still much ahead of him, many obstacles blocking him from achieving his ultimate goal. But from now, there are other priorities in his mind. Restoring his image, training to restore his former battle glory, and most important of them all, his family.

Shrouded Snake 08-12-2012 05:24 PM

Riot. Make this happen. I don't care how, just do it.

Sconesy Cider 08-16-2012 09:13 AM

Bump, this could be the league's first family.

Gewcebawcks 08-23-2012 04:48 PM

Bump because do it.

Methødical 09-07-2012 09:39 AM

Bump, just do it Riot.

Panzerkfw 10-30-2012 09:52 AM

+1 RIOOOOT WE GOT SOMETHING HERE!!!!

(not a regular caps lock, just yelling at riot that we got something here!!!)

Totally love it!!! must happen!

EDIT:
P.S. Can't wait for this to be approved to finally have a Full pledged Honor Noxian team, That being everything involved in Du Couteau Household + Riven, as the crimson elite team :D

Kandehbar 10-30-2012 01:26 PM

The return of marcus......DO IT NOW

Mr Ratz 11-01-2012 04:06 PM

This.... This was great. It literally blew my mind.
Oh, the possibilities... Oh the glory... FOR NOXUS. Please please do it RIOT!

The writing was great. I did, however, catch a couple typos:

Although Du Couteau was very far away from this dreadful scenario, he could still somehow see them, Hear their screams as they slowly died. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see it no more, but his mind reproduced the image time and time again.
Any other man would have fallen to despair when faced with the guilt Du Couteau had to live in, and to see it again happening, so vividly. But the General was not like any man. He held himself in the conviction that as long as he lived with these visions, he would keep faithful to his quest. But seeing this event again affected him anyway.

But seriously, this was really really good. Keep it up. And lets please try to get a red in here to see this.

@Forlier: How do you feel about posting this on the Player Concepts forum? they might appreciate that there too.

Phantom Symphony 11-01-2012 10:27 PM

Seems like he would be Riven's ally :)

TheGrawell 12-06-2012 11:11 AM

Did you read LeBlanc Judgement? I think not.