League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Fan Art (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   my champion painting, please critique! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2466694)

scrubbyyy 08-11-2012 10:08 PM

my champion painting, please critique!

1 Attachment(s)
Hey! this is the champion I made his name is Oog. I'm posting it here because I included art work for him! Feedback is appreciated, especially for the artwork. thanks! :]

These are the moves I made up for him, and his lore:

Mother's Rage(passive)-Upon Oog's death, Mama Orangutan is summoned to avenge her son. She controllable for 6 seconds.

Orangutan Fist (Q)- Oog 's hands grow in size and his next attack deals additional damage and increases the power of his Orangutan Smash if he slays his target. Stacks up to ten times.
Tigers Bane (W)- Oog uses his Tiger Hammer to strike a unit with fear causing it to flee in terror.
Wild Ride (E)-Oog summons the power of the jungle to swing on vines that move him forward, dealing damage in a line. Oog gains additional movement speed after casting this ability.
Orangutan Smash (Ultimate)- Oogs pounds his massive hands into the ground causing damage to units near him.
Basic attack- Hits units with his tiger skull hammer

Deep in the Kumungu Jungle, Oog was a toddler left behind by his village. He wandered deep into the jungle and stumbled upon a tiger stalking a baby orangutan. Oog attempted to save the baby orangutan. Despite his best efforts, the tiger killed the baby orangutan but Oog in turn killed the tiger with his bare hands. The mama orangutan arrived by the time the tiger had died, and wept pure tears for her lost orangutan baby. The pure tears solidified into the blue pearls Oog now wears around his wrists and hammer. Mama Orangutan took Oog in as her own son and raised him, his hands growing large and strong due to the orangutan's habit of walking on its fists instead of their knuckles like gorillas. He took the tiger's skull and made it into a hammer, his weapon of choice. Mama Orangutan and Oog stumbled into the League of Legends on accident while wandering through the lands. Mama Orangutan will do anything to protect her son, but he is more than powerful enough with his big hands and tiger hammer.

Šake 08-12-2012 01:07 AM

This is amazing!!!!

Scodo 08-12-2012 05:48 PM

Man, I haven't seen that cave since I leveled my last shaman in WotLK

WinterDove 11-06-2012 08:47 AM

wow so cool!

Frost Archer 11-09-2012 05:02 PM

Eh... good art and all, but I'm pretty sure he would be a lot like Annie...

Frost Archer 11-09-2012 05:02 PM

Or Nunu

Flayne 11-11-2012 06:18 PM

I like the art alot. Since you asked for critique I will give it.

2 things with this painting that can be improved:

1 - The left side of the image is too empty, there needs to be some sort of rocky formation or texture since it's a rock cave.

2 - There needs to be more harsher shadows depending on the style you are looking for. If you don't want harsh shadows, I suggest adding more color tones. But this is only subjective as it depends entirely on the style of painting you want. However if you do aim for a style similar to what LoL has within their splash arts, I suggest using heavier shadow tones especially if they are within a dark cave.

In general I really like the piece and the orangutan looks very nice indeed. So does his partner, perhaps the boys hands are a little big though that could be essentially hereditary/gained from ancestral adaptation. Nice work, seems unique though perhaps similar to Nunu and his companion.

KissofDeathXx 11-11-2012 06:36 PM

I think his ult should knock his opponents airborne. Love the art though.

scrubbyyy 11-13-2012 05:00 PM

thanks for the critique Flayne! I will think about those things when I go in to fix up my painting some more =]