League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champ/Skin Concepts (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   [Champion Concept] Serpent Lord, the Unfettered (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2456275)

Script Lord 08-09-2012 12:01 PM

[Champion Concept] Serpent Lord, the Unfettered

6 Attachment(s)
"Wherever he goes, death and destruction are guaranteed. He's a mighty warrior who acts only in his own interests." - Jax, the Grandmaster

Appearance:
Attachment 506686

Lore:
The nameless man calling himself the Serpent Lord claims to hail from a world where civilization had advanced far enough to reach into space, that one day transcendent beings appeared and began to try to undo all of that progress. He was a former soldier turned mercenary who wanted to achieve immortality, one way or another, but when his world was threatened he answered the call to defend it. He had managed to defeat one of the two beings from beyond and was about to strike down the other when it suddenly used the last of its power to fling him through a portal, transporting him into a dark, empty void.

There he remained, drifting endlessly, until a surge of otherworldly power drew him through another portal into some distant world. The Serpent found himself in Runeterra, on the continent of Valoran, with nothing to his "name" but the clothes on his back. With no way to return, or any idea if there even was one, he decided to settle down where he arrived - a city-state they called "Noxus" - and tried to eke out a living as a mercenary. Eventually, he had heard so much about the "League of Legends" that he grew curious enough to go to the Institute of War and inquire about the matches that were were so highly regarded. It didn't take long for the Summoners to figure out that he was from another world, but rather than be forcibly inducted for their own surveillance the Serpent willingly offered to become a Champion, if only to prove his might against other powerful warriors and beings.

Quote:

Roles: Melee, Fighter
Attack range: 125
Attack speed: 0.630 (+3.1%)
Damage: 56.8 (+3.14) {110.18}
Health: 445 (+94) {2043}
Fury: 100
Move speed: 320
Armor: 18.25 (+2.25) {56.5}
Magic Resist: 30 (+1.25) {51.25}
Health regen: 6.5 (+0.5) {15}
Mana regen: Manaless

Abilities:

Quote:

Attachment 507123
(Passive) Reptilian Rage – Through many years of military training and combating various forces, Serpent Lord has learned to use the pain of combat into a tranquil fury. 1.5/2.5/3.5% of the damage he receives in battle is absorbed and converted to Fury

Attachment 507121
[Q] Acidic Spray – Serpent Lord takes in a deep breath then releases a blast of extremely corrosive saliva from his mouth in a cone to burn any enemies before him, which deals 2/3.5/5/6.5/8% of targets’ max health as damage per second for 3 seconds.
Cost: 30/60/90/120/150 Health
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Cast Range: 650

Attachment 507120
[W] Serpentine Movement – Serpent Lord becomes a blur as he dashes forward at great speed for a short time, bypassing potential danger and cleaving a path of pain! Serpent Lord moves rapidly in a chosen direction for until reaching a designated point, during which time he is rendered invulnerable and deals 50/100/150/200/250 (+ Fury) physical damage to any enemies he passes by.
No Cost
Cooldown: 7 Seconds (Starts when he stops)
Cast Range: 900

Attachment 507122
[E] Venomous Fangs – Serpent Lord throws himself at an enemy Champion in an attempt to sink his teeth in. A caught opponent initially takes 50/70/90/110/130 (+ Fury) physical damage then takes 1/2/3/4/5% of their maximum health as damage per second for 5 seconds.
Cost: 25/50/75/100/125 Health
Cooldown: 12 seconds (Starts when he stops)

Attachment 507126
[R] Indomitable Will – The Serpent focuses so intensely upon victory that even the arcane arts will not hinder him! While active, Serpent Lord loses his Passive but becomes completely immune to debuffs and reduces incoming magic damage by 50/65/80%. Additionally, he gains 50/75/100% critical chance and can end the effect early to reduce the cooldown by half.
Cost: 10 Fury per second
Cooldown: 100/85/70 seconds

Quotations:

Quote:

(Selection)

“I’ll do as you ask.....for now.”

(Movement)

“Location received.”
“There’s no rush.”
“Affirmative.”
“I’ll be there soon.”
“I can almost taste them!”

(Attack)
“No mercy.”
“I will end them.”
(Ominous hiss)
“Only the weak die.”
“Just die.”

(Serpentine Movement)
“Too slow!”
“Running won’t help!”

(Venomous Fangs)
“Die in agony!”
“Burn out!”

(Indomitable WIll)
“I will never submit!”
“Now witness my power!”

(Taunt)
“The Serpent strikes without warning.”
“I don’t care who you are, you’ll die all the same.”

(Joke)
“I prefer to command & conquer, myself.”

(Death)
“Not….again….”

(Recall)
“I don’t retreat. Just need supplies.”
“Sometimes you just need to return to base.”

Animations:

Quote:

Standing idle –Stands motionlessly, arms folded across his chest and tail swishing back and forth behind him
Auto attack – Slashes with his claws, left and right

Taunt – Extends his clawed hands in a threatening manner

Joke – He brings his arms up and out while shaking his head

Dance –

Death – He drops to his knees and reaches out before falling forward

Recall – He turns his back to where he was previously facing

Note: This was my first ever Champion Concept, one based on an Original Character of mine. The first time went so horribly wrong because I was COMPLETE noob at this sort of thing. Now that I'm a little better and more aware of what MIGHT be OP, I've taken another shot at it.

Keep in mind that numbers aren't important to me. I can change whatever values and percentages that are necessary to balance this guy out. But his kit needs to stay relatively the same. Honestly, I wouldn't mind seeing this guy in League of Legends, if he ever showed up, under a different name and such.

Also, I'm still SO bad at dances.

Update 8/9/12:
I lowered the percentages of his Q to 2/3.5/5/6.5/8% from 2/4/6/8/10% and the percentages of his E to 1/2/3/4/5% from 5/6/7/8/9%.

Update 8/10/12:
Added Ability Icons

Script Lord 08-09-2012 05:11 PM

Reserved

Script Lord 08-09-2012 06:22 PM

Reserved

Script Lord 08-09-2012 06:23 PM

Serpent: "Apparently, my profile's been viewed over 30 times....but why aren't there any comments? Are you all just afraid of invoking my wrath? Go ahead, I don't care what you lot say about me."

Tidal Wave8 08-09-2012 06:30 PM

the damage is far too high on the max health.....id lower the q to about 2 3.5 5 6.5 8% max health and his e to 1 2 3 4 5% of his max health so that both skills together do base dmg plus about 50% of max health. this would make him not too op yet still viable. otherwise i like the idea.....cass will still always be my fav serpent though.

Script Lord 08-09-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tidal Wave8 (Hozzászólás 28051138)
the damage is far too high on the max health.....id lower the q to about 2 3.5 5 6.5 8% max health and his e to 1 2 3 4 5% of his max health so that both skills together do base dmg plus about 50% of max health. this would make him not too op yet still viable. otherwise i like the idea.....cass will still always be my fav serpent though.

Serpent: "Very well, Summoner. I've lightened the damage I'll do to my opponents with my two skills. After all, I wouldn't want them to die too quickly."

Script Lord 08-09-2012 10:48 PM

Serpent: (Hisses impatiently) "Come at me.....And no, you're not my brother!"

Script Lord 08-10-2012 01:26 AM

Serpent: "...."

Script Lord 08-10-2012 11:54 AM

Serpent: "..."

Script Lord 08-11-2012 02:58 AM

Serpent: "...."