League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Things I see often in Dominion I never want to see (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2452033)

TheBeetle 08-08-2012 08:36 AM

Things I see often in Dominion I never want to see

QQ thread if you don't like it then hit the back button.

If you disagree with my opinions you're wrong and I'll explain all my opinions in graphic detail so you can understand why my logic has made me better at judging the usefulness of characters, items, and tactics in Dominion than you.

#1. Lux and Nidallee players.
Probably lost more games to these two champions being on my team than any other.
What's so bad about them?
Everything they do another champion can do, but better, on top of that most people playing them are what I call 'back seat players' in that they think they are helping by 'supporting' the team that way they don't have to do any real work, when in reality they are doing jack ****.

"Spear" nidalee is basically a worse version of AP Master Yi that can be dodged, only hits one target, and can't be used to score pentas.
But wait, TheBeetle, she can heal with all that AP too!
Have you bothered to read the Dominion debuff, where it says healing effects reduced by 20%? Yeah that debuff.
But wait! The heal brings an attack speed buff!
If you're using it on others, you could easily bring, say, Nunu, who on top of his buff provides a ranged slow and an ult that either demands the enemies turn their attention to stoping its cast or take major damage. Do I think Nunu is a great Dom choice? No. He's better than Nidallee though.

Cougar / AD Nidalee- Just play Alistar with Triforce, same thing but better in every way. Pounce is only necessary if you're losing fights to escape. You wouldn't be losing fights if you played a better champion.

AP Lux - Her scaling on her damage is just bad, and the laser is only going to be used for kill sniping by the majority of players instead of fired over a team fight to provide large AOE damage to assist in the victory.

Pure / aura support - Don't go there, I have yet to see a successful team in which one or more players are not contributing appreciable damage to the fight, at least not in pub matches, maybe in an "all tank support our fed Kog'Maw" premade.

Understand Support works in SR because there's limited gold to give out from minion farming, so someone has to play a champion that can be effective with little gold. In Dom EVERYONE gets gold, so an AP champ with heavy CC is better than a support in the majority of scenarios.

#2. People that build items because of what they think they do instead of how they actually work
Tear of the Goddess items:
I feel this often goes hand in hand with above champions because people have this idea in their head that only Tear of the Goddess can sufficiently restore the massive amount of mana they're apparently using while apparently never dying and never beaming to heal or buy.

What they don't understand is that they are paying a large quantity of gold for a passive that's effectively there for champions that are both mana hungry and have abilities spammable enough to get to 1000 stacks in a meaningful timeframe (which is often the entire duration of a Dominion game even for Karthus).

If you want mana regen Chalice is infinitely better for an AP.
If you need just mana in general which often suffices in lieu of mana regen because of how often you'll be beaming, dying, or picking up those handy buffs that restore mana and HP and are ALL OVER THE GOD ****ED MAP Frozen Heart is a great choice for all champions, CDR and tankiness in one package.

BUT BROSKI NO AD? NO AP?

CDR should increase your damage output on most non right-click champions. You know what else increases your damage output? Being alive.

Nashtor's Tooth:
What you think it does- Amazing hybrid item for champions with scaling AP-on-hit attacks who also need CDR and mana regen.

What it actually does- Mediocre amounts of all that for an unreasonably high price, won't add nearly as much damage to your character as you hope or think it does. In most cases a pure AP or pure chance-on-hit build would be better (Cho'gath, Teemo) or buying actually Hybrid items like Gunblade/Guinsoo (you unfathomably bad Jax players that buy this thing)

Phantom Dancer:
What you think it does- Amazing crits and dps, plus move speed what's not to love!
(In some more retarded cases people think Crit is similar to on-hit items and stack it with other on-hit items and attack speed)

What it actually does- Synergizes great with AD items, more specifically Infinity Edge making it the holy duo of items, otherwise it's not a great return for your money on the majority of champions unless you have a built in AD steroid or can put the move speed to good use (Varus with kiting, AD sion closing the gap after stun), you still should at the very least be building a BF sword item before, or immediately after.

Triforce:
What you think it does- EVERYTHING, I NEED ALL THESE STATS SO GOOD FOR ME OMG

What it actually does- A little bit of everything, however its core perk being its flat non-scaling attack damage bonus on next hit that makes it a choice item for characters with abilities with close to a 2 second cooldown or who can make use of it for intimidating burst attacks like Poppy or Nasus. The biggest issue with this item is that it's so **** expensive and the best part about it is basically an upgraded sheen proc, you're better off hanging onto your sheen and building some other heavy lifting items and finishing it off when you have the extra funds later in the match on the majority of champions.

Lichbane
What you think it does - Turns all my AP into damage yeah!

What it actually does - Turns your AP into damage, but if you don't have a minimum amount you've actually down-graded from your Sheen, hold onto your sheen, get your Deathcap then complete it, please for the love of god.

#3. Having the only good bot champ on the team, not telling your team you refuse to bot until the match has started.

If you want your team to pick around you, pick your champ in the first 15 seconds and announce your intentions. Some people might rage dodge, but it's better than them spending all match in a hissy fit. Just tell your team what's going on before you insist "Yorick is so good top wasted on bottom!" because everyone thinks that way about every champion they main, and it's only true on a small handful of champions who happen to be amazing bot yet better top.

Also if you faux afk / DC to dodge going bottom you are a gigantic ******, and you're going to hell.

#4. That guy that thinks BDing enemy mid is better than winning top at the start of the match. Usually Shaco or Eve player

This never works and only ever sets your team behind. Your team top loses 4v3 because you weren't there, then the enemy recaps their mid and takes the lead, the end. Stop it, no one thinks it's cute.

#5. Calling "KS" ever

If it's the difference between me getting 0 gold on a kill and you getting an assist I'm going to kill steal it, if you think I shouldn't you're not a team player and that's the end of the story, there's nothing to discuss. You think having +1 kill on the board is more important than your team mates being effectively geared. You're an ego ***** and need to go back to COD.

Ragnaarock 08-08-2012 08:46 AM

Don't hate on luxury nidalee players. Both can be monsters on the scar as long as they have a team to compliment their kit. Both can be unbelievably annoying but thuer kits are high risk high reward kinda deals since no damage can be done unless you are good with skill shots. With one spear from the shadows a nidalee can destroy the team fight potential for an opposing team and luxury can lockdown and kite all day with her kit while maintaining map control with her ultimate which can be ultimately frustrating. Although your other points are also legit sources of frustration also.

Zeoroot 08-08-2012 08:46 AM

"If it's the difference between me getting 0 gold on a kill and you getting an assist I'm going to kill steal it, if you think I shouldn't you're not a team player and that's the end of the story, there's nothing to discuss. You think having +1 kill on the board is more important than your team mates being effectively geared. You're an ego ***** and need to go back to COD."

THIS. Oh god, this.

PXShaman 08-08-2012 08:47 AM

Yeah that stuff happens, but not in higher elo's, well for the reasons you listed.
What I hate seeing is revive. Then noobs suiciding and using it. Revive is slowly killing this game mode.

TheBeetle 08-08-2012 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragnaarock (Hozzászólás 27989775)
Don't hate on luxury nidalee players. Both can be monsters on the scar as long as they have a team to compliment their kit. Both can be unbelievably annoying but thuer kits are high risk high reward kinda deals since no damage can be done unless you are good with skill shots. With one spear from the shadows a nidalee can destroy the team fight potential for an opposing team and luxury can lockdown and kite all day with her kit while maintaining map control with her ultimate which can be ultimately frustrating. Although your other points are also legit sources of frustration also.

You're saying "They can be useful" and I counter with "So can plenty of other champs, except they can be MORE useful" why use scissors to mow the lawn when you have a lawnmower?

Volandum 08-08-2012 08:52 AM

It's people like you who make me hate playing tanky Lulu when I'm queued with people I don't recognise because they don't know how to play with one of the most powerful champions on the map.

Ragnaarock 08-08-2012 08:53 AM

Revive is core for the dominion Meta though. Although people can value their lives a bit more since suicide seems a bit horrid. Then again getting jumped by 5 people while strolling into a bush is pretty horrid too.......

TheBeetle 08-08-2012 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volandum (Hozzászólás 27989990)
It's people like you who make me hate playing tanky Lulu when I'm queued with people I don't recognise because they don't know how to play with one of the most powerful champions on the map.

You'd be surprised how flexible people will be when you announce how you intend to play your champion, and after their initial grumbles and groans, show them you can deliver.
Even troll picks, it's always better to tell people than to go in blindly hoping they'll work with you, unless you're actually trolling just to be a ****. I only do that when my team has already shown me incomprehensible ability to fail at everything at the same time and victory is impossible. Then it's time for hybrid pantheon! (which I've won matches on).

The other day I didn't notice my Orianna was AD until the end because surprisingly she didn't feed.

Ragnaarock 08-08-2012 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBeetle (Hozzászólás 27989882)
You're saying "They can be useful" and I counter with "So can plenty of other champs, except they can be MORE useful" why use scissors to mow the lawn when you have a lawnmower?

I guess if you ever get into competitive play building a team comp against other teams can come in handy and sometimes you can get more out of a lux or nidalee with a certain team comp. I mean there has to be a reason aparkhust plays nidalee even at the high tip of the high elo bracket.

TheBeetle 08-08-2012 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ragnaarock (Hozzászólás 27990012)
Revive is core for the dominion Meta though. Although people can value their lives a bit more since suicide seems a bit horrid. Then again getting jumped by 5 people while strolling into a bush is pretty horrid too.......

I don't knock revive too much because I've seen it do big things, but personally I don't like taking it because you may go the entire game without 'the right time' to use it, where ignite / exhaust will always be useful in every game. It's sort of like blind picking Katarina and hoping the other team has no CC.