League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Sick of hearing "You really think Riot will ban me?" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=244572)

ModestRodent 09-11-2010 03:49 PM

Sick of hearing "You really think Riot will ban me?"

Every time I threaten reporting someone for afk'ing, intentional feeding, verbal harassment, etc I usually get the response

"lol, go cry more. You really think if you report I will get banned? Why don't you grow up?"

I report them anyways but I get the feeling that they do it every game and get away with it so that they think they can just be jerks and get away with it.

Tosog 09-11-2010 03:51 PM

Its the internet bro.......

If these things annoy you then you might not make it as a gamer.

Are you that surprised?

SmerfHunter 09-11-2010 03:51 PM

I find it pretty ironic that they're telling you "to grow up" when you threaten to report them for calling you an idiot, etc.

ShadowDark 09-11-2010 03:52 PM

Possibly the most frustrating part about reporting someone is never finding out whether or not they are punished. Unfortunately, that's the way it is. We just have to have faith that Riot will eventually deal out justice, and knock those jerks down a peg, ban-hammer style.

KalosCast 09-11-2010 03:53 PM

You're actually threatening to report people? If you're not 12 you need to stop doing that. If you are 12, you've gotta stop soon, all your friends probably make fun of you for going "awwww, I'm telling!" all the time.

Ignore, report, and be done with it.

TerritorialFish 09-11-2010 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosog (Hozzászólás 2863862)
Its the internet bro.......

If these things annoy you then you might not make it as a gamer.

If you were playing a friendly game of soccer at the park and then a player stormed off saying "HE STOLE MY GOAL, I"M LEAVING CUASE YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS" I think you would never be invited back again to play soccer and everyone would think you are a giant d.o.u.che. Why does the internet make it ok?

GDestroyer 09-11-2010 03:57 PM

Does anyone know if you get banned if enough reports per game come in? Should you try to get the other team to help you report him?

KalosCast 09-11-2010 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TerritorialFish (Hozzászólás 2863900)
If you were playing a friendly game of soccer at the park and then a player stormed off saying "HE STOLE MY GOAL, I"M LEAVING CUASE YOU'RE ALL IDIOTS" I think you would never be invited back again to play soccer and everyone would think you are a giant d.o.u.che. Why does the internet make it ok?

If you were playing a friendly game of soccer at the park and then this same scenario happened, and another player called out as he stormed off "I'M TELLING MOM!" then he would appear just as foolish.

Is it really that hard to... you know, not be a drama queen? 9 times out of 10 they're just doing it to get a reaction anyway.

If you're going to report them, report them, don't pretend it makes you a bad ass.

TerritorialFish 09-11-2010 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalosCast (Hozzászólás 2863934)
If you were playing a friendly game of soccer at the park and then this same scenario happened, and another player called out as he stormed off "I'M TELLING MOM!" then he would appear just as foolish.

Is it really that hard to... you know, not be a drama queen? 9 times out of 10 they're just doing it to get a reaction anyway.

If you're going to report them, report them, don't pretend it makes you a bad ass.

Ya, but instead of threatening to "tell mom" I feel like you're threatening to never invite them back to the game. When I ask someone to not AFK or I will report them, I am not trying to cause drama. I usually don't use that tactic until after I have apologized for kill stealing or tried to convince them we still have a chance if they play. Then if they still don't move, I say "fine I'm reporting you."

It's not like saying "I'm telling mom on youuuu" it's more like saying "I don't want you don't play this game anymore because you've ruined it."

Axoren 09-11-2010 04:04 PM

I'm behind 9 proxies and I have 20 passwords. Riot will never get me.