League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 16

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Tribunal Ban Inquiries (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=41)
-   -   @Lyte: Any other interesting statistics? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2442346)

Aqua Dragon 33 08-05-2012 09:09 PM

@Lyte: Any other interesting statistics?
 
You're one of my favorite rioters and you have all this data and statistical interpretation going on and it's cool. You've said a lot of surprising things about the tribunal like:

-Pre-rework Eve players were no more likely to be reported than anyone else
-Permabanned people's recidivism rate makes reform an anomaly
-96% of players never get into the tribunal a single time

Do you have any other interesting stats that as you looked into it, made you think "oh wow" because of its deviation from what flawed intuition would have dictated?

Lyte 08-05-2012 09:37 PM

Some of the more juicy ones I need to save for a future presentation or talk!

However, some interesting tidbits include:

- for the average player, sending them a direct message after a game will reduce the number of reports they receive for about 2 weeks
- the players that keep convincing others to report someone specific in a game tend to be the most toxic players in the game
- the false-consensus bias in Psychology is a cognitive bias where players tend to overestimate how much of the population thinks like them or has the same habits as them
- this is why the average toxic player that is banned sends in the most complaints and claims that "everyone will be banned"
- this is also why the players that send in the most false reports tend to assume that everyone else in the population always sends false reports...

MCerberus 08-05-2012 09:43 PM

I'd actually like to know the average reports/game for dominion, classic, ranked, and proving grounds >.>

MCerberus 08-05-2012 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeathCrunch (Hozzászólás 27886719)
Because they don't know how Tribunal works, don't believe they have done anything wrong, and therefore their only tactical move is to attack first in an attempt to reduce the other person's report credibility.

And this is so, because Riot is "secretive" about the Tribunal in order to keep people from exploiting it....

Reading your posts is like watching someone with no money sense play the mountain climber game on Price is Right, only with logic instead of toasters.

Emailsupport7346 08-05-2012 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Hozzászólás 27886441)
- the false-consensus bias in Psychology is a cognitive bias where players tend to overestimate how much of the population thinks like them or has the same habits as them
- this is why the average toxic player that is banned sends in the most complaints and claims that "everyone will be banned"
- this is also why the players that send in the most false reports tend to assume that everyone else in the population always sends false reports...

Oh yeah, those "Everyone is with me" trolls with their behavior that shows a lack of a "generalized other" are hard to deal with... especially in "temporary" medias like the ingame chat.

Do you know what would be the best approach to deal with such people?

MCerberus 08-05-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 (Hozzászólás 27886872)
Oh yeah, those "Everyone is with me" trolls with their behavior that shows a lack of a "generalized other" are hard to deal with... especially in "temporary" medias like the ingame chat.

Do you know what would be the best approach to deal with such people?

Reasoning with them while assuring them that your advise and arguments are not a personal attack against them to avoid an ego conflict. Or do you mean the ones that spout racism and insults? Because there's a report button at the end and a little blue speaker on the scoreboard.

Emailsupport7346 08-05-2012 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MCerberus (Hozzászólás 27886918)
Reasoning with them while assuring them that your advise and arguments are not a personal attack against them to avoid an ego conflict. Or do you mean the ones that spout racism and insults? Because there's a report button at the end and a little blue speaker on the scoreboard.

No, I mean those with the false-consensus bias.

Problem is they won't take advise and arguments serious, because due to their bias they think they are the ones in the position to give advise.

MCerberus 08-05-2012 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emailsupport7346 (Hozzászólás 27887012)
No, I mean those with the false-consensus bias.

Problem is they won't take advise and arguments serious, because due to their bias they think they are the ones in the position to give advise.

Appeal to their self-interest. Present the course of action as having a benefit for them, like saying they'll get lots more kills, more IP by not giving up, adoration from the rest of the team.

Mokkun 08-05-2012 10:00 PM

I keep wondering if there are any champions / champion types that are played more by banned players.

Not like, "eve is troll pick, plz report."

But like, Master Yi shows up in more punished incidents than any other champion, or even melee ad carries.
I'm more curious if certain champions draw toxic personality types.
(Yi was used because of my purely anecdotal, confirmation bias experience with him in games and in Tribunal.)

Shyhalu 08-05-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lyte (Hozzászólás 27886441)
Some of the more juicy ones I need to save for a future presentation or talk!

However, some interesting tidbits include:

- for the average player, sending them a direct message after a game will reduce the number of reports they receive for about 2 weeks
- the players that keep convincing others to report someone specific in a game tend to be the most toxic players in the game
- the false-consensus bias in Psychology is a cognitive bias where players tend to overestimate how much of the population thinks like them or has the same habits as them
- this is why the average toxic player that is banned sends in the most complaints and claims that "everyone will be banned"
- this is also why the players that send in the most false reports tend to assume that everyone else in the population always sends false reports...

So....when are you going to do something with all that useless data you've been mining?

I still get trolls, afkers, premade trollteams, people trashtalking after the game because they know tribunal can't see it, etc etc.


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 12:58 AM.
1234511 ... 16


(c) 2008 Riot Games Inc