League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   RAGE HERE! (Occ) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2431466)

Dear Rumble 08-02-2012 11:32 PM

RAGE HERE! (Occ)

The point of this thread is to post your complaints here. Or continue your argument from a different thread into this one. We can't have a rp thread overrun by raging comments or something like that.

Just remember to link them this thread. For example.

Guy 1 said to guy 2 after they can't agree on something.

"Let's continue our conversation over here."

*Sends link.*

From there just post your arguments here. That way a rp thread won't look so bad from the arguments.

Edits- I would appreciate it if people don't complain about their real life or something not lore related. This thread is mainly about complaints of other rpers, arguments, ideas on how the lore/story of the rp should go.

AskPantheon 08-02-2012 11:33 PM

Thank you so much for doing this.

Have a cookie.

Ask Mordekaiserr 08-02-2012 11:33 PM

Fine. I'll post here. Front page, too. Cool.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Drunk Reiora (Hozzászólás 27769405)
((The very first post of that thread, where Mordekaiser decided to answer questions from the community.

Sorry GP, I'm be finished here. Jax, go ahead and remake the thread, this one got killed))

Oh, okay. So, what you mean is that there shouldn't have been a thread in the first place? The character should not be played at all because the lore doesn't support it? I could point out certain characters who don't actually have any lore of their own. Anyway, moving on from that, there are several characters which, by those guidelines, shouldn't be on the forums as well. And, once again, you have missed the entire point of everything I've said. LORE IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS A CHARACTERS PERSONALITY. IF YOU CANNOT EITHER STICK TO LORE, OR STAY CONSISTENT WITH A CHARACTERS PERSONALITY, YOU SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING THAT CHARACTER.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vice Emargo (Hozzászólás 27769582)
(( I'm not very old, so I havn't even heard of these, nor have people told me about them, I may look into them, but, I hate it when people go stereotypical about dragons =I Thinking they are all gold-lusting beasts of destruction, and then involved them also being ruthless in every respect, sort of like Cho'Gath, but I see the other side, as well as other hundreds of thousands who love dragons, sorry, that's just me. ))

In some cases, the stereotypes make the creature. Lusting for gold is a widely accepted trait of dragons. I understand you're young. I'm doing my best to not be an ******* about that. And, as an aside, do look into the Temeraire books. They contain the best-written dragon characters I've ever read before. I never said that a dragons only motivation ever is shiny things, but whether you like it or not, you have to admit that it is probably a big motivator for them.

Ask the Monkey 08-02-2012 11:33 PM

OFGWHEReISMY****INGBANANAHURDURDURREPORTTROLLS**** INGRAAAAAAAGE****NOOBS!

Ask Gangplank 08-02-2012 11:35 PM

Finally, this was much needed.

Vice Emargo 08-02-2012 11:36 PM

(( Too LaZy To LiNk AnYtHiNg. ))

Ask Jarvan IV 08-02-2012 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ask Mordekaiserr (Hozzászólás 27769762)
IF YOU CANNOT EITHER STICK TO LORE, OR STAY CONSISTENT WITH A CHARACTERS PERSONALITY, YOU SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING THAT CHARACTER.

I'm agreeing with what Mordekaiser said, though I'm admittedly guilty of doing it myself a couple of times - we're here to RP our champions. These are not our characters to develop, we don't dictate what they would do, merely portray how they would do it.

Vice Emargo 08-02-2012 11:39 PM

Can I post random bullsh-- that I dont need to say on someone's forum here too! OH
MY
GOSH.

Ask Mordekaiserr 08-02-2012 11:39 PM

I get the feeling this thread will pretty much just get ignored. At least, my posts anyway. It doesn't matter, really. I know I do my character justice. As hard as it may be to believe, I am actually trying to help.

Drunk Reiora 08-02-2012 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ask Mordekaiserr (Hozzászólás 27769636)
((Oh, okay. So, what you mean is that there shouldn't have been a thread in the first place? The character should not be played at all because the lore doesn't support it? I could point out certain characters who don't actually have any lore of their own. Anyway, moving on from that, there are several characters which, by those guidelines, shouldn't be on the forums as well. And, once again, you have missed the entire point of everything I've said. LORE IS NOT AS IMPORTANT AS A CHARACTERS PERSONALITY. IF YOU CANNOT EITHER STICK TO LORE, OR STAY CONSISTENT WITH A CHARACTERS PERSONALITY, YOU SHOULD NOT BE PLAYING THAT CHARACTER.))

((Alright, Tucker, then lets see Jax's personality. He's a High Summoner (rumored) that decided to hide away, commit legal suicide, and has appeared in the League to kick back and kick butt.

Haughty, pompous guy? Check.
Relaxing and chilling and being a boss? Check.
Doing whatever the **** he wants because he's the champ? Check.

I see no problem here.

Now, onto my point, just like you said, there are champs here with little to no description of neither their lore nor their personality. And there are champs who shouldn't even be here (Mordekaiser included) because they wouldn't associate or talk at all. With anyone.

If everyone followed the rules so strictly, this place would be boring as hell. No one would develop, nothing new would happen, people wouldn't be able to join RPs for personality restrictions, and things would not get done. These forums aren't so perfect that everyone gets everything. I can't RP Sejuani to the dot if Ashe, Tryndamere, or any of the Freljordians aren't constantly active. She's one of my favorite champs, and the one I wanted to RP as, but without everyone active all the time, it's flat out impossible to RP her exactly as you want.

You let people do what they want. If that irritates you so much, sorry.))