League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   That blue playing LotR online (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=243142)

silpeamak 09-10-2010 06:43 PM

That blue playing LotR online

Thread got deleted but I'm still trying to download it. I'm wondering if you're still taking on people to play with so I'll have a reason to continue downloading this.

Wolvenmire 09-10-2010 07:25 PM

Yeah, it was Larias an old emissary dude. we're on the server nimrodel, his character names are beornvine, berethir, camidhir, and guiborneth.

KillSecurity 09-10-2010 07:29 PM

Why do the Mods keep deleting this? =[

Wolvenmire 09-10-2010 07:32 PM

Advertising a different game within the forums of one game is really bad taste. I have no interest in the game of the topic. But the last time I played LoL I had some massive lag issues, so I sit idly by and lick my latency wounds.

silpeamak 09-10-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolvenmire (Hozzászólás 2849369)
Advertising a different game within the forums of one game is really bad taste. I have no interest in the game of the topic. But the last time I played LoL I had some massive lag issues, so I sit idly by and lick my latency wounds.

The idea is that when the servers are down or being problematic, gamers will have somewhere to head off to. The boards are down half the time when the game is down so that is 0% things related to LoL that one can do aside from visit fan sites.

Wolvenmire 09-10-2010 07:45 PM

I understand the concept, but it's still in bad taste. I'm not saying the original post or thread was or wasn't in good taste (I never bothered to look at it). I'm merely explaining why it was most likely closed. As far as I know Larias is/was in good terms with the Men Upstairs. But I'm off for the night. Good luck gaming everyone. Take care and get your ganks in.

Lucid Dreaming 09-10-2010 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWNSTARLOL (Hozzászólás 2849329)
Why do the Mods keep deleting this? =[

Because Larias is possibly working for Turbine and trying to pick up players for LotRO by advertising on the LoL forums.

KillSecurity 09-10-2010 07:47 PM

Lolno.

Larias 09-10-2010 07:48 PM

I am in no way trying to "steal" people from League of Legends. I devoted well over a year to helping LoL, am still a staunch defender and supporter of it, and love the game and the company that owns it.

Pendragon has requested that I do not discuss other games on the forums, and I am respecting his request. I do not want to foster a bad relationship with a person and company that I respect.

Lucid Dreaming 09-10-2010 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PWNSTARLOL (Hozzászólás 2849619)
Lolno.

The evidence points to Lolyes.

Long, thought out and well researched posts as to why LotRO's F2P system is a good one, why Riot should copy it, and posts trying to recruit new players.

Sounds like paid advertising to me