League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   The true evolution (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2428990)

Solcrushed 08-02-2012 10:12 AM

The true evolution

Alright guys, I will be looking at Viktor and his augments as my next project after Xin Zhao. Since the mega-thread when I was working on Xin was quite helpful, why not do another one on Viktor?

Viktor players: Why did you decide to play Viktor and what do you like/dislike the most about him currently?

Non-Viktor players: Have you ever even considered playing Viktor or played him in the past? If so, what turned you off Viktor/what did not meet your expectations?

Any kind of general observations/suggestions about Viktor is also welcome!

As with the Xin thread, I will not be replying to most of your posts but I sure will be reading them.

THE EVOLUTION IS NOT-REALLY-SOON(TM)

Anagoras 08-02-2012 10:13 AM

I love Viktor and everything about him, however what I despise about him is his E. I know it's awesome and all and does a ton of damage... but it just feels a bit funky sometimes [if you know what I mean]. It becomes so hard to aim it correctly - and even if you think you aimed it correctly it just goes where it pleases.

What I'm trying to say is that his E is extremely unresponsive and a tad unreliable sometimes.

gsai 08-02-2012 10:14 AM

How about a 3rd tier upgrade that upgrades his ult based on what 2nd tier he chose?

Treeke 08-02-2012 10:14 AM

Aww yeah!

Edit: As a non-viktor player, I'd like to be able to see his laser. It's kinda frustrating to get hit by his invisible laser.

But, I think something very nice, it's that you could upgrade an augment, let's say death augment and merge it with another one(At lvl 16?). So you could have the range increase on your W(Gravity) and the extra mobility with your Q(Power). Or the extra damage on your E(Death) and the range increase on his W(Gravity.).

Unvoicedmercy 08-02-2012 10:14 AM

dang

gucciswagz 08-02-2012 10:14 AM

boooner

RelaxingBrownies 08-02-2012 10:14 AM

Whatever you do, just make sure his evolution is GLORIOUS.

Bekkal 08-02-2012 10:15 AM

What I most like about Viktor is the perception of him as an in-your-face kind of mage who still has his own poke niche. Shoulder laser, bouncing shield, and aoe slow/stun all contribute to point-blank area control, and I think that is awesome.

Ununseptium 08-02-2012 10:15 AM

Viktor player:

His E's vector based targetting made him very appealing, however, his ability to specialize was something I was looking forward to, and was actually expecting it to allow him to play radically different based on which augment was purchased. I assumed this would be because his passive would have an effect for each and every ability, including his ultimate. While I was let down that the Hex Core only changed a single ability, and none did anything for his ultimate, I still found his powerful ultimate and his E key to be very fun.

In truth, his damage is *fun* to execute, it's not like other champions where the skills constantly poke down, when Viktor's abilities hit, you see them CHUNK enemy HP. The Hex Core, as it currently stands, doesn't have a strong enough influence on his playstyle, he's still 95% the same champion regardless of the decision you make. If his entire kit were to change with the Hex Core, albeit weaker than it currently does with a single skill, I'd think that the choice would actually matter instead of, "hey, to do anything late-game, I need to pick up Augment: Death". A T3 upgrade would help drastically, and simply by giving him the option of purchasing it, his technology would actually FEEL like it's evolving, because it doesn't really right now.

Aesthetically speaking, Viktor is a really interesting design amongst half a dozen supermodels, when I look at the roster and scroll down, I see *Human, Human, Human, Robot, Robotic-man*. Now I don't usually go for the sci-fi-steampunk designs (Ok, fine, I play tabletop Warhammer 40k, so this statement isn't entirely true), but I'll be damned if I pass up such a standout like Viktor. Viktor's splash is menacing, yet calm. In-game, his kit flows well with his model, being able to use his E while moving (along with his laugh), adds something that can only be explained, childishly, as: "BOOOOOM YOU DIDN'T SEE THAT COMING, DID YOU!?".

*I'll probably be editting this more as time goes on*

Marzibear 08-02-2012 10:15 AM

I overall liked viktor when he was first released he seemed interesting and I was really excited for him.

I did unfortunetly have him refunded along with twitch back in febuary because he was borderline unplayable.

Been thinking about picking him back up, but maybe a toggle on his passive would be an interesting change, so he wasn't limited to one augment.

Edit: I think his ult is his coolest part, a repositioning NON pet skill is pretty unique.