League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Is it bad that I like Dominion more than Summoner's rift? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2428732)

Pure Intentions 08-02-2012 08:55 AM

Is it bad that I like Dominion more than Summoner's rift?

So I've been playing LoL for a couple months now and I love it. But I am having so much more fun in the Crystal Scar. Normal mode just seems so boring and slow. Is this wrong? I tend to get slack for it from other summoners during games or on the forums because my normal win is so low.

DaRatmastah 08-02-2012 08:58 AM

Nah, you'll find that most of us here feel that way. Welcome to the fold, brother! =P

Pure Intentions 08-02-2012 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaRatmastah (Hozzászólás 27739607)
Nah, you'll find that most of us here feel that way. Welcome to the fold, brother! =P

IronAegis 08-02-2012 09:02 AM

I have a few hundred Summoner's Rift matches under my belt and 8-5 in ranked, but I ditched SR awhile back. Dominion may be a niche game mode with a smaller playerbase, but you are certainly not alone.

I found SR to be incredibly frustrating to solo queue for, as no one ever wants to be the 0cs support babysitter and people rage at eachother for the entire 60 minutes. Worse still, one feeder can turn your middle/top enemy champ into a monstrous powerhouse that will stomp your team with reckless abandon. Matches are usually decided in the first 20 minutes, yet last up to an hour of throwing your face into someone's fist repeatedly if you're on the losing side.

In short, there were some wins that were epic in SR, and I enjoyed my time there, but it wasn't worth the stress/stupidity that goes along with it. Dominion is just better to play by myself and with friends.

TCWA Tigerbite 08-02-2012 09:13 AM

When dominion first came out, I tried playing it. I thought it was terrible and stupid, so I went back to SR. Then one day, I made myself play Dominion all day. I've played 2 SR games since then and trolled both of them because I was so bored.

Infirc 08-02-2012 09:35 AM

having different tastes in games is never bad nor wrong. you'll still find people that tell you not to play Dominion because they don't like it but those are not real friends nor people you should listen.

edit: Tigerbite heard the call all praise the heresy!! XD (sorry i couldn't resist).

Redenbacher 08-02-2012 09:42 AM

I have played no more than three (3) games of Summoner's Rift since Dominion's launch.

I can't stand Classic now...

You're not alone!

DG TheFeedski 08-02-2012 09:52 AM

Not wrong at all. Many of us here only enjoy Dominion. Welcome to the club.

Sir Bulldog 08-02-2012 09:54 AM

I can only repeat what others have already said. I prefer Summoner's Rift, but I like dominion more. Less jerks, more fun, and a shorter game. Welcome to the Crystal scar.

Pure Intentions 08-02-2012 09:58 AM

Thanks for the responses guys, I feel better about my decision. It's so much more fun. Noob question, is there ranked for Dominion?