League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 13

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Best Champion for Beginners (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2393479)

HiMyNameIsAsian 07-24-2012 12:36 PM

Best Champion for Beginners

Hey, im new to league of legends and i am level 6. There are many champions and they are all so different! I have no idea what im even doing. I was wondering what the best champion for beginners is. Thanks guys!

ArevirSam 07-24-2012 12:46 PM

as a beginner i really came to like Ashe! try her out and see if you like her. she's definitely my go to champion

Ten Inch Rooster 07-24-2012 01:01 PM

I would actually recommend someone with a high difficulty to be honest. This way you take the time to really get the nature of things like skill shots down and then most other champions will seem fairly easy.

I trained off of Karma and Viktor when I first started LoL and it was a great experience and really helped me later down the road. Oh and don't try to jungle until you're at least past 10 and have a number of mastery points allocated.

Darkvolcan 07-24-2012 01:12 PM

I played Ryze a lot in my early days, and I still play him often.
He's a pretty basic character, so he's good for new players. Of course, you'll want to push yourself and expand your horizons in the future, but he's a good starting point, I think.

Halfaxa 07-24-2012 01:40 PM

I started playing LoL a month ago and I second with Ashe. It's one of the cheapest champions and it's a very good choice for beginners.

Also, as Ten Inch Rooster said, I'd recommend someone with high difficulty. I started with Ashe and did pretty well, then I moved to Vladimir, which is not difficult to use according to the stats, but I found kinda confusing the health thing. And now I'm with Cassiopeia.

I also recommend, before PVP, go Co-op or create a Custom Game with your new champion. Just to get the hang of it (movements, skills, etc). I'm not saying you'll master it asap but everytime I saw a 'First time with [X]', I died a little.

And good luck!

Judas Priest 07-24-2012 01:52 PM

Ashe, so you can know how does it feel to play a Raged AD carry, Ryze for AP carry and Garen for tank. Experiment them three and find out your preferable role in this game.

Angeleno 07-24-2012 01:56 PM

My recommendation depends on what role you want to play, but even so, there are many viable options for each role. Ashe, Master Yi, and Tristana are all good AD champions to start with. Ryze and Annie are good AP picks, Sona and Alistar are good support choices. Tristana is free with a skin if you like the Riot Facebook page, and Alistar is free with a skin if you subscribe to the Riot YouTube, so definitely try them since there is no IP risk. :)

CurryMonstaNACHO 07-24-2012 02:18 PM

I need a new hero too. I started with master yi but i dont like him. When you go to attack, you always go in front of the enemy making it easier for u to be killed

mrocznykiciak 07-24-2012 02:43 PM

Well it really depends what are you into, more like ranged pewpewer? Some Mage? Or frontal fighter?

Anyway:
Pick Facebook Tristana and YT Alistar for free.
Tristana is good beginner champion since her abilities are straighforward (steroid, 2x escape/chase, lock down heal). Imho she is easier than Ashe.
Alistar can be tank/support. IMO its easy with him to be useful for your team.

Some other picks for low price:
Jax - fighter type, but more resilent than Master Yi.
Morgana - she is semi easy to play, you can easly farm, but she also has skillshot. Also she has game changing Ulti.

Some other recommendacion each for different reasons: Dr Mundo, Annie, Nasus, Amumu, Malphite.

retched 07-24-2012 03:09 PM

The best champion for new players is the champion you like. There are so many that "best" becomes whatever you like to play. If you have a prefered type of character or theme you like, (mage, ranged, tanky, fighter, etc) you should look for the champion that has those qualities. For me, I started with Annie and Morgana and then fell in love with Karthus (still my favorite to this day).