League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 21

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2383474)

BridgeOfTitans 07-21-2012 12:03 PM

When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main?

This question has been crossing my mind a lot recently, when looking at where I was in my LoL tenure. For a bit of reference, I am about halfway through level 29, looking forward to hitting 30. I have started purchasing runes for at least the generic rune pages, and I've come to own 48 champions, some with RP, some with IP. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, I have yet to play a champion that made me say 'yes, this is the character I always want to play.' I've done well with some, poorly with others, but never did I have that moment where one of the champions stood up (so to speak) to become my main champion.

This has made me curious about others' experiences with discovering their mains. To the community, I ask:

When did you discover your main champion?
How did you know it was the champion you wanted as your main?

EDIT: Wrong part of the forum, sorry about that.

Kyrim 07-21-2012 12:47 PM

Its fine I still like answering this question :D.
The love of my life whose name starts with a K and ends with ennen came around level 25. I was watching a stream and there was this guy using lightning rush on the minions then using the W to get the 6 minions in 1 go. I was instantly hooked. I proceeded to look for guides and happened to pass upon Ego Ignaxio's guide before it gained its well-deserved popularity, it wasn't even featured yet with barely 100 likes. I read the whole thing and I continually played till I saved 6.300 ip for him. When I first played him it was euphoric, it felt so cohesive, like everything kinda clicked and the kit just really complimented my playstyle somehow. To this day I have 2 Kennen skins and about 500 games played in total :D

Judas Priest 07-21-2012 01:26 PM

If you have tons of chars, it's a bit hard to find a main indeed. I found out I would like to play as Fiddlesticks after being beaten so badly by one. Then I bought Fid and I became the harasser. I'm a beast with Fid in Dominion.

BunnyShade 07-21-2012 06:39 PM

I can choose mine, but my first love with another woman was Sivir :o i love when i alone take down two turrets and an inhibiter before the enemy team blinks. Then i found out how awesome Lulu and poppy was i now play them alot to!

MeltedWater 07-21-2012 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padre Judas (Hozzászólás 27239785)
If you have tons of chars, it's a bit hard to find a main indeed. I found out I would like to play as Fiddlesticks after being beaten so badly by one. Then I bought Fid and I became the harasser. I'm a beast with Fid in Dominion.

I found out I would like to play Jarvan when I was beaten badly by a Jarvan/Fiddlesticks duo, and my friend had Fiddlesticks but neither of us had Jarvan. I play Jarvan some without Fiddle on my team...but mostly only with a Fiddle. And it's insane fun!

But that's not my main. My first main was Soraka, but she just wasn't right. Then Gangplank, but I could never get the hang of him. Next was Fiddlesticks, but even he wasn't "the one".

I mained as all the above champions at one time or another. I could go top as GP, Mid as Fiddle, support as Soraka, and jungle as Fiddle OR GP. GP wasn't the best AD carry...so I played Ashe enough to get the hang of her, but wasn't too crazy on the role. I then decided to tackle my last role, the tank, and I tried out a lot of champs quite a bit. I played my fair share of games as Nunu, Maokai, Shen, and Leona, before finally playing Alistar for the first time. He was free, after all, so why not? I fell in love with the guy, and couldn't stop. Alistar is definitely my main. I play him about 75% of the time. Sometimes I'll have 10 games in a row as him. It's convenient, because usually noone wants to be support, tank, or jungle, and I can do any of the above (often 2 at once).

After Alistar, I eventually played Jarvan some (as said above) and now doing Karthus. I play the others, too, from time to time. In fact, i have 16 total champions and have probably played 25-30 for 3 games or more. But Alistar will always be my main. <3

Kasadin or Feed 07-21-2012 07:14 PM

Lee Sin became my main when I saw the champion spotlight for him..I said to myself "Hey I think I'd like to play as a ranged,melee,tanky dps,assassisn,mage,tank,support,jungler that excells at everything."

Withoutacause 07-21-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BridgeOfTitans (Hozzászólás 27237500)
This question has been crossing my mind a lot recently, when looking at where I was in my LoL tenure. For a bit of reference, I am about halfway through level 29, looking forward to hitting 30. I have started purchasing runes for at least the generic rune pages, and I've come to own 48 champions, some with RP, some with IP. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, I have yet to play a champion that made me say 'yes, this is the character I always want to play.' I've done well with some, poorly with others, but never did I have that moment where one of the champions stood up (so to speak) to become my main champion.

This has made me curious about others' experiences with discovering their mains. To the community, I ask:

When did you discover your main champion?
How did you know it was the champion you wanted as your main?

EDIT: Wrong part of the forum, sorry about that.

Ive had the same issue and ive resorted to having a champion for everything. For example, if my team needs asupport champion, ill be either taric or sona, an dif they need a solomid champion, ill be Viktor or Annie, an dif they need a jungler ill be nocturne or shaco.

ChrIsAStud 07-21-2012 09:31 PM

yah ive been playing since the beginning and my main has changed from one champ to the next almost on a weekly basis. Trundle, veigar, vlad, and jax come to mind but i have mained almost every champ i own at some point (which is about 60 i think) had good and bad games with all of them but morde. I just suck with him

my10inchshlong 07-21-2012 11:01 PM

I was just browsing through the store looking at champs and i saw olaf. I was like this gut is a total bad***

DraftierCarrot 07-21-2012 11:59 PM

my first main was malzahar, at level 15 when i finally got him i was hooked till about level 30 pretty much, i also main ap mid now because of malzahar :D