League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   New Player Forum (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   If I like Amumu.....? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=237981)

Mentono 09-07-2010 03:26 PM

If I like Amumu.....?

Who else would be a good character to play? The bigggest problem I have with him is the skillshot... I find it extremely hard to land and a lot of the times a missed Q= missed kill....which pisses me off a lot.

I think Malphite would be a good choice, but HIS Q seems useless to me, does very little damage and the slow isn't very apparent. However as a tank/initiator.... R-W-E= like 500+ damage right from the get go.

any other tanks that play a little like Amumu? (as in run in, pop everything and just stick around) or heck, it doesn't have to be a tank, just someone who is like RAWR run in and spam QWER to no tomorrow? Cause I find that no matter who I'm playing (except for ranged DPS) I tend to die a lot cause I'm used to running in and just chillin' with the enemy team. I'm used to having the survivability of a tank.

Mentono 09-07-2010 03:29 PM

I've also been salivating over those "beefy DPS" guys like Garen and Xin Zhao. Who are the other champions that are like that, recommendations for an "Amumu-style" beefy DPS?

edit: what about tanky-mages? the only one is vladimir...but he costs 6300 IP *turns on Despair*

MrTheZebra 09-07-2010 04:57 PM

Singed is always fun to tank with, and insanely hard to kill once he gets farmed.

He also has a "Run around with poison on and randomly fling people" playstyle.

justroark 09-07-2010 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentono (Hozzászólás 2789428)
Who else would be a good character to play? The bigggest problem I have with him is the skillshot... I find it extremely hard to land and a lot of the times a missed Q= missed kill....which pisses me off a lot.

I think Malphite would be a good choice, but HIS Q seems useless to me, does very little damage and the slow isn't very apparent. However as a tank/initiator.... R-W-E= like 500+ damage right from the get go.

any other tanks that play a little like Amumu? (as in run in, pop everything and just stick around) or heck, it doesn't have to be a tank, just someone who is like RAWR run in and spam QWER to no tomorrow? Cause I find that no matter who I'm playing (except for ranged DPS) I tend to die a lot cause I'm used to running in and just chillin' with the enemy team. I'm used to having the survivability of a tank.

Just play him non-stop for a ton of matches in a row (30+). That's what I did / do with characters I want to get really good with. My goal is 100 some straight solo matches on nidalee (I play poppy when with a friend).

Mentono 09-07-2010 07:11 PM

i've played around 25 matches with him... just hit a couple of good ones this game, missed a really juicy one still.

Cobalt 09-07-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mentono (Hozzászólás 2789428)

I suggest you take the time to learn how to land it. Trust me, landing skill shots (not on Ezreal) are very satisfying, especially if they get kills. Skill shots have higher rewards, so if you can't master 'em, you won't be at your full potential.

His Q is meant for chasing and harrassing, it steals movement speed. Meaning, they lose X and you gain X, it's one of my favorite spells for what it does.

Rammus can sorta do that. You pull a Sonic right into the mix and blow your ultimate causing spikes to erupt around you damaging everyone around you. See a carry turn to run? Taunt him and make him pay. He's a lot of fun to play, imo.

Really tired, so I didn't take the time to split this up, my replies are in bold.

Good luck and have fun.

Mentono 09-08-2010 12:03 PM

hmm yeah Rammus seems like a beast. is his powerball hard to control? and how is his laning phase?

Sylvinite 09-08-2010 01:14 PM

i have only played Rammus a few times and was not a big fan but no his powerball is just like running you just gotta look out for enemy creeps so that you don't pop out of it on them

joshiez 09-08-2010 06:02 PM

From your OP, I'd personally recommend Cho, Shen and Mundo... I really enjoy playing all of them, and they're each very tanky. Cho/Mundo won't get you terribly far once you're level 30 and doing ranked, but I'd advise you not to worry about that, and just focus on enjoying the game, and getting more proficient.

I build Cho as a straight tank, but AP Cho's *can* put out some decent damage, while having a crazy amount of HP. Shen is just a great great tank. Mundo can be great DPS or a decent tank, all of his abilities use health instead of mana. He's fun.

Cheers!

.josh

Amn 09-08-2010 08:13 PM

Nasus and Morde (not a tank but plays like an off-tank) are great for this. Nasus has an ultimate that deals % based damage each second and gives you attack power which totally rips apart people who don't move. Morde doesn't run in and rip **** apart then run out but instead keeps pressure on through the fight while soaking damage and if he gets a good ghost can solo an entire team.