League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Roleplaying Forums (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Institutes Grand Ballroom (Open RP) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2376856)

Ask Mordekaiserr 07-19-2012 04:19 PM

Institutes Grand Ballroom (Open RP)

((Fair warning, I am quite new to forum RP. If I miss some part of the etiquette, you have my apologies.))

The Institute of War is a massive building, made out of stone bricks, like most constructions of this size, though it was no doubt created with the help of magic. Inside, each champion might find a room suitable for use as a temporary resting place, filled with some small creature comforts meant to soothe the minds of the champions when their summoning schedules get to be too hectic.

However, if one were to take a different turn, away from both the long hallway stretching far off into the distance, lined with rooms large and small, and away from the tunnel leading down into the summoning platforms where champions are taken to whichever battleground they have been called to fight upon, you might hear a very distinct sort of music.

Wandering down this offshoot hallway, most people notice it gets...darker, somehow. Some of the windows have been covered. Some fully, and some only partially, the latter windows allowing light through to dance on the floor in patterns that could not be coincidental. The two great wooden doors stand wide open, allowing access to the room at all times of day. Inside, there is a large stage, with instruments set up and ready to play.

This is the Institutes Grand Ballroom, open to all sorts of events and concerts.

((The only thing I ask is that if your characters leave the Ballroom, please don't continue their actions here, as it might clutter everything up, as well as make RP incredibly confusing.))

Ask Mordekaiserr 07-19-2012 04:20 PM

Mordekaiser sits on the edge of the stage. His armor is its normal steel grey, but with a dark red trim at the edges of the plates. In his hands is his familiar guitar, which he plucks at, idly picking out a sinister-sounding tune.

Blade3324 07-19-2012 04:21 PM

((So is this like a ball room that are used for parties and concerts? More specific FANCY dance parties and concerts?))

Ask Mordekaiserr 07-19-2012 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blade3324 (Hozzászólás 27165944)
((So is this like a ball room that are used for parties and concerts? More specific FANCY dance parties and concerts?))

((That's the intention! :P And y'know, the occasional heavy metal concert as well, because seriously, who needs to sleep at the Institute? Oh! And also open-to-the-public band practices, assuming the rest of Pentakill is down with that.))

The Cryophoenix 07-19-2012 05:21 PM

"This is an interesting discovery..."

Anivia, the Cryophoenix mutters her words softly as she slowly steps into the open room. Her bright red eyes gaze over the rather masterful architecture, before it falls onto the centre stage. She eyes the instruments curiously for a moment, before starting to step towards the stage, her frozen talons clicking loudly against the polished floors.

"I have yet to explore this room... a shame I have not seen it put to use." she mutters mostly to herself before glancing around at the grand, large... but empty room, noting it was almost eerie to see such a large room so empty.

Iron Ambássador 07-19-2012 05:29 PM

Poppy walks in a bit after Anivia, nodding.
"It is indeed Anivia. Perhaps something will happen soon though."
She places her hand against Anivia's wing for a moment, before realizing the chill the Cryophoenix emits and pulling her hand back. "There are a fair few good dancers amongst the champions and summoners."

Glancing around the room slowly, Poppy nods at Mordekaiser plucking his guitar.
"Greetings, Master of Metal."

Ask The Maven 07-19-2012 05:41 PM

*With a sudden wail of vibration and strings, Sona burst through the main doors in a flurry of sound. Her etwhal preceding her and her robe billowing behind her. She walked, rather than floated, pace brisk and posture tight, towards the stage. She might have appeared outright hostile if it were not for the almost challenging smirk across her lips.

Another time, she might have pondered the way the acoustics around the room traveled, and how they changed in the presence of the Cryophoenix's impressive size and crystalline ice. How this place would- will someday look packed with an audience with all eyes on her. Right now, however, her attention was focused solely on the large armored man at the guitar.

Lifting a hand, she pointed over her harp to Mordekaiser, head tilting, plucking a challenging note. 'Competent' was not an insult she could let stand.

As was the joy of a healthy in-band rivalry.*

Ask Mordekaiserr 07-19-2012 05:41 PM

Mordekaiser watches the two enter, the glowing red eyes beneath his helmet immediately changing to be more...intense.

"Small blue mortal. Cryophoenix." His deep voice echoes through the room. Where he had been playing an idle tune, now the music became somewhat more technical, yet despite the quicker movements of his hands and fingers on the neck of the guitar, the rest of him betrayed no signs of effort.

"Oh, and the Maven. Wonderful. I do hope you're here for practice."

Blade3324 07-19-2012 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ask Mordekaiserr (Hozzászólás 27166015)
((That's the intention! :P And y'know, the occasional heavy metal concert as well, because seriously, who needs to sleep at the Institute? Oh! And also open-to-the-public band practices, assuming the rest of Pentakill is down with that.))

((.... I love you....

Take Mordekaiser.

Take the shop.

Take EVERYTHING Morde related just KEEP THIS THREAD PLEAAAASE!!))

It didn't take too long for a summoner to come in. Keeping his hood up... and his tail beneath his robes. He started walking slowly, being sure not be seen by the others. He looked around at the instruments and then.... PIANO..... He then slowly creeps over, but wait..... What if he's not allowed here? What if they see him playing piano and.... do something about it? He started slowly back away and then bumped into something. He turned around and his tail knocked a drum. Which made him freeze instantly, head over his hands.

IS1c35b91acc2fd88f04ccd 07-19-2012 05:47 PM

Subtle steps could be heard down the hall, as karma walked gracefully into the Grand Ballroom, she pauses to admire the architecture.

She resumes her walk, stopping in beside Poppy and Anivia.

"Namaste, Poppy and Anivia." She bows briskly to both.

"What an interesting room, and even more interesting company. Tell me, what brings you two here?"

She pauses to fan herself gently.