League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Gangplank buff a big deal? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2373597)

MeltedWater 07-19-2012 12:25 AM

Gangplank buff a big deal?

Gangplank's Parrrley now restores half its mana if it kills the target. Solo top GP can now effectively farm minions faster without depleting his mana pool and doesn't need to waste gold on mana regen items or potions. He'll get extra gold than he would normally because he has the mana to do so. Is this a big deal?

banditsuit 07-19-2012 12:35 AM

No it's not a big deal. GP has been nerfed over time and now a little thing is being done to fix that. Have you ever played as GP? His mana depletes SOOO quick it's not even funny

DiabolusReborn 07-19-2012 12:45 AM

Big deal as in it's good for GP players, I guess you could say so. you run out of MP after like 5 parleys (guestimating off the top of my head here) and that's without using remove scurvy to occasionally heal yourself, which also takes a lot of mana, like 2 parley's worth and without using parley to harass enemies occasionally.

Warrrrax 07-19-2012 06:29 AM

I think its pretty good. Normally GP shoots the enemy with his Parrley. But if he is counterpicked and up against someone with uber sustain like Yorick, WW, etc, then his Parley becomes practically useless.

With this buff, GP can stand back and farm ranged minions much easier with much less mana issues. Last hitting ranged creeps/cannons will cost between 25 and 35 mana which is fairly reasonable. It even gives him some extra gold for his trouble.

He could even max out his HEAL and only take 1 or 2 Parrley for last hitting and be really difficult to dislodge from the lane. A 360 pt heal for 65 mana is incredibly good for stalemating the lane!

Nãthrên 07-19-2012 06:38 AM

I think this buff to gangplank will help his over-all usage of parrrley quite a bit. This gives GP two options, passively farming with Parrrley, or harassment with Parrrley. This buff makes passively farming alot more appealing.As Warrrrax stated, he actually could max heal first. I for one think this a huge deal for GP players that know what they're doing.

Onerblack 07-19-2012 07:13 AM

So, next question: I am not a gp player, it's worth to buy him now?

Warrrrax 07-19-2012 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onerblack (Hozzszls 27142517)
So, next question: I am not a gp player, it's worth to buy him now?

I wouldn't buy ANY champ without playing them first. GP is quite versatile, but doesn't seem to be overly strong anywhere.

He is relatively unique among bruisers in that he has a pretty good Ranged attack, whereas most have a gapcloser of some kind.

His Ult remains extremely powerful, allowing for him to exert his presence anywhere on the map. Between this and his Aura-buff, he has a considerable amount of team utility.

defleppardruelz 07-19-2012 10:48 AM

if you play very passively then yes, gp is worth buying. last hitting with parrrely is going to give you a pretty good gold advantage, plus gangplank is pretty strong late game..a well placed ulti will help. gangplank isn't the same "i'll parrrely you till you have to recall" champ anymore and has to be played more passively IMO. most tops will out sustain your bullets, so i'd say use them to outfarm and outgold them.

Garlic Queen 07-19-2012 11:35 AM

The first question that pops into my mind is whether or not he is now viable competitively as a solotop due to his new ability to out-farm his opponents without using all of his mana.

BuddhaCess 07-19-2012 01:48 PM

farm farm farm