League of Legends Community
12345 ... 9

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Purple Team Handicap (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2366975)

lightmagician60 07-17-2012 06:44 AM

Purple Team Handicap

roit your all about fair right? right?!. well there is a balance problem with between blue & purple teams... on the purple team, Mid and Bot lane you can't see ****, know why? cause the interface is in the way. "try making smaller" you say? well first of all smallest size you can't read it, 2nd even then you still can't see the max range for skillshots, or long range AoE, (Ex, Kog'maw & Xerath) "unlock the camera" and playing having to move the camera is also a handicap, that's why i hate Dota. if someone can tell me how to take a screen shot in LoL, i will post pic of what i mean.

and roit it's not hard to fix, just let the camera zoom out more.

DonnFirinne 07-17-2012 06:47 AM

"This isn't Dota I shouldn't have to" then go back to Dota. The real players here don't want you if that's your attitude.

lightmagician60 07-17-2012 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonnFirinne (Hozzászólás 27051769)
"This isn't Dota I shouldn't have to" then go back to Dota. The real players here don't want you if that's your attitude.

read again, and i tryed Dota after LoL. so telling me to "go back" is to coming here

Quick Rawr 07-17-2012 07:01 AM

It's fine. I win about the same on purple side as I do with blue.

I don't play with locked camera though, and it's definitely NOT a handicap playing with unlocked camera, it is far superior my friend. If you spend the few games to get use to it, it pays off.

Unlocked mode is there for you to use... Being ignorant about the fact that it IS there because you're lazy does not mean that one side has a handicap, it means that you handicapped yourself.

lightmagician60 07-17-2012 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quick Rawr (Hozzászólás 27052120)
It's fine. I win about the same on purple side as I do with blue.

I don't play with locked camera though, and it's definitely NOT a handicap playing with unlocked camera, it is far superior my friend. If you spend the few games to get use to it, it pays off.

"NOT a handicap"? so having to do 3 things at once is easier then 2?

xI BaHaMuT Ix 07-17-2012 07:12 AM

Why would u ever wanna play with locked camera :/

lightmagician60 07-17-2012 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xI BaHaMuT Ix (Hozzászólás 27052383)
Why would u ever wanna play with locked camera :/

cause it's easier you do 2 things at once instead 3, and if i want to see further then my screen. like if my team mate needs help, or see jungle is coming down river by ward i will use the mini-map thats what it's there for.

Spada Lunga 07-17-2012 07:29 AM

Playing with an unlocked camera is the only way to go. It allows you to do so much more when playing, such as:

Clicking on other areas of the map to watch a teamfight go down and know where to engage from when you get there.

Getting more range of sight between you and the enemy champions when using long range skillshots.

Etc.

Now that being said, you can move the camera to make the HUD not be a hindrance. Problem Solved.

EDIT: Saw the post above mine. Counter point: What if I need to see the exact positions of my team? Say two people are right on top of one another, and I need to know which I'm going to hit with my Ult as Ashe. I need to see which is in front of the other. Point refuted. Also, if you can't figure out how to do 3 things in this game, you're kinda screwed anyway.

TheUnburned 07-17-2012 07:42 AM

Your arguments only show that you're using the user interface wrong...first, you should never have your camera locked (unless you're just sending your champ from nexus to lane or something). It's impossible to play the game effectively that way. Second, what is there on the HUD that you actually need to read anyway? You rarely need the exact number on your health or mana bars, and you can gauge your exact health by looking at the one above your head (since each block is 100 health). I really don't see anything Riot could do to fix this; you can already shrink the HUD and remove the HUD walls.

My challenge to you is to try to play a few games with the camera unlocked, if you haven't already, until you get used to it, and then decide for yourself if it's more or less effective.

lightmagician60 07-17-2012 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LordTrilo (Hozzászólás 27052790)
Playing with an unlocked camera is the only way to go. It allows you to do so much more when playing, such as:

Clicking on other areas of the map to watch a teamfight go down and know where to engage from when you get there.

Getting more range of sight between you and the enemy champions when using long range skillshots.

Etc.

Now that being said, you can move the camera to make the HUD not be a hindrance. Problem Solved.

EDIT: Saw the post above mine. Counter point: What if I need to see the exact positions of my team? Say two people are right on top of one another, and I need to know which I'm going to hit with my Ult as Ashe. I need to see which is in front of the other. Point refuted.

1) entering a teamright, that i lock the camera, for a sec when relock
2) yeah it does fix that, but now your doing 3 things and your focus on aim'ing is like 33% instead of like 50%, good luck hitting your target
3) if it's a short dissents then fine it's a quick unlock & relock. but if it's a long dissents. there are good odds that it won't matter, what yea aim for cause they going to move. and could switch even positions.

unlocking the camera for a sec to a bit further fine, that i do. but to lane 24/7 with camera unlocked... your choice is 1) keep camera locked and if you mid vs ken or lux and your purple.. good luck seeing the **** coming. 2) keep camera unlocked and if you mid vs ken or lux and your purple.. good luck dodging cause now you have to move the camera first, and by then your hit. also with camera unlocked and moved down, good luck seeing a gank coming from above you.. and i know my point holds water, cause i see alot of pros on youtube with camera (guess what) locked