League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Question about jungling in ranked 3s (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2348263)

LawlerBrawler 07-12-2012 11:46 AM

Question about jungling in ranked 3s

So I just started playing in a ranked 3s team, and my teammates and I have realized that we know very little about the jungle. I had a few questions, if nobody minds answering them.
  • What is the standard jungle route?
  • Are wards placed in the opponents jungle immediately?
  • Is red normally immediately pink warded so the jungler can do it as part of a normal route?
  • Are there any standard junglers?
  • Does a jungler generally have to go back after the buff camps at top? (they seem brutal)

Any help is much appreciated

Axil 07-12-2012 12:14 PM

What is the standard jungle route? Different for champs but it's mostly bot camp > top > gank

Are wards placed in the opponents jungle immediately? No

Is red normally immediately pink warded so the jungler can do it as part of a normal route? No

Are there any standard junglers? Any decent jungler on 5s is a good pick on 3s

Does a jungler generally have to go back after the buff camps at top? (they seem brutal) Depends on level/items

Goggris 07-12-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LixaLollipop (Hozzászólás 26850163)
Are wards placed in the opponents jungle immediately? No

After running bot camp and top camp I will sometimes place one in the buff camp on the opponents side (depending on their champ). Almost a guaranteed kill + buff steal when they go to take it.

LawlerBrawler 07-12-2012 01:00 PM

So another question: Does anything change when the bottom camp is wraiths instead of lizard/golem/young lizard? B/c if that's the case I do not level up after the first camp.

To me it seems that the ideal route is getting the lizard/golem camp, and then doing the wolves buff if it's possible. Is that too vulnerable to counterjungling?

Goggris 07-12-2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LawlerBrawler (Hozzászólás 26852261)
So another question: Does anything change when the bottom camp is wraiths instead of lizard/golem/young lizard? B/c if that's the case I do not level up after the first camp.

To me it seems that the ideal route is getting the lizard/golem camp, and then doing the wolves buff if it's possible. Is that too vulnerable to counterjungling?

Yes. Wraiths will NOT get you level 2, but Golems will. The strategy I use is in EITHER case, have your team leash for you. If wraiths, every one do them together, you head top for that camp and the rest of your team goes to lane. If golems, you complete by yourself (after leash) and you're level 2. You now have a choice - you can now either gank or you can go to your top camp.

Axil 07-12-2012 01:47 PM

The only jungler I would start with a ward is Nunu

PurpleURP 07-13-2012 10:12 PM

key to jungle is get lvl 2 when lanes lvl one and gank for FB