League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   In-Game HUD Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Customizable In-Game Cursor(s) (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2331491)

Xenaltos 07-07-2012 10:58 PM

Customizable In-Game Cursor(s)

Greetings all,

I'm one of those people who love customizing stuff to my preferences, whether it be the Windows UI or other programs to make them look better or for visual aid.

While I'm not colorblind or visually impaired, I'd like to express interest in requesting an official feature to be able to change the in-game cursor to something of your choosing.

I often lose it in teamfights - either causing me or someone else to die as I'm unable to find the cursor and click on the appropriate teammate/target to execute my spells.

As some may know, (and from doing research) in previous versions of the game it was possible to change the cursor by modifying the LoL executable and replacing the default cursor icon resource to something of their choosing (which was fiddly and most likely violates the user license agreement) - however that's been removed now in recent versions of the game.

TL;DR I'd like to suggest an official feature that allows users to choose their own cursor(s) in the game to suit their preferences or increase visual aid.

I would appreciate it if the Riot team could consider this to be a feasible feature in the near-future or even reply to this thread to acknowledge this suggestion.

Cheers,
Xenaltos

boourns 07-09-2012 03:02 PM

Yeah, I want to improve the cursors so they are more visible in teamfights, etc. Haven't been able to get the art resources lined up to do it because we actually would need to do a bunch of iterations on it to get it to feel better.

Making it user customizable is interesting, I'll investigate how realistic that is, but it's probably unlikely in the near future unfortunately.

Cloudstorms 07-09-2012 04:16 PM

Is there a way to make it so that the UI/HUDS are .png file? I would so love it.

Xenaltos 07-09-2012 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boourns (Hozzászólás 26719425)
Yeah, I want to improve the cursors so they are more visible in teamfights, etc. Haven't been able to get the art resources lined up to do it because we actually would need to do a bunch of iterations on it to get it to feel better.

Making it user customizable is interesting, I'll investigate how realistic that is, but it's probably unlikely in the near future unfortunately.

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated. :)

Understandable making the icons user-customizable would probably not be initially feasible due to other higher priorities - but yeah, would be a cool feature to have in the future if it ever took off.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cloudstorms (Hozzászólás 26722275)
Is there a way to make it so that the UI/HUDS are .png file? I would so love it.

This is exactly what I had in mind funny enough - the splash art and icons for champions are currently in png format which is currently changeable by just replacing them with your own preferred splash art - if the cursors had their own UI folder in which they were in PNG format as well - would make them easily customizable for everyone.

I prefer black cursors myself, which is what I'm looking for.

Cheers

bradles 07-09-2012 07:59 PM

I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the first few lines of the EULA. Something along the lines of not changing the files on your computer.

Xenaltos 07-09-2012 10:52 PM

Yeah, hence the request for an official feature to choose a cursor of your choosing, or be able to change its hue or something ;)

Like I said, in previous versions it was possible by opening the league of legend executable with appropriate software and manually change the cursors, but this would no doubt violate the terms and conditions.

WinceHarder 07-16-2012 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boourns (Hozzászólás 26719425)

Would it be realistic to resize the cursor? That would be great because mine is too big on 1366 x 768. I would like to make the cursor a bit smaller so I could click on the appropriate minion.

Megamix 07-25-2012 03:48 AM

Need this so bad... avoiding playing AD carries solely because of this.

Kina13 07-27-2012 07:47 PM

I would like to see a clicking animation as well (on the cursor).

Zacoly 07-30-2012 08:23 AM

Bump!