League of Legends Community
12345 ... 6

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   NA is a server for North Americans (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2321926)

Oca 07-05-2012 11:54 AM

NA is a server for North Americans

The lack of communication between players of different regions is prevalent on the NA server, but it cannot be blamed on either party (as many are blaming the non-english speakers for this).

Telling the non-English speaking NA players to GTFO is extremely rude, and reporting them for not speaking English is even more ridiculous.

Please tolerate diversity in the League of Legends community

Covening 07-05-2012 12:22 PM

If there was a Brazilian server no one would be complaining.

XxCriusXx21 07-05-2012 12:28 PM

its called NA severs, not English severs.. look at a map and you can see that north america is not just the united states.. wow come on people 3rd grade social studies!!

Shadow Light M37 07-05-2012 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XxCriusXx21 (Hozzászólás 26555737)
its called NA severs, not English severs.. look at a map and you can see that north america is not just the united states.. wow come on people 3rd grade social studies!!

I think the OP is referring to places in South America.

Mango027 07-05-2012 12:49 PM

It could be the Non-Applicable server, its for everyone who doesn't have their own server. So if you arent from Europe, join the N/A server, all are welcome. A majority of this server is made up from citizens from the United States of America, a country founded on freedom and immigration, so there shouldn't be any issues with a little extra culture on this server

Tr0n Corleone 07-05-2012 01:07 PM

Im from new zealand. An english speaking country.
But if we were a french speaking country, and I didnt speak english, I would still use the NA servers, because they have the best ping.
I am sure I would learn functional english for the game if I played long enough, but this would take time and in the man time I would be ahrd to communicate with.
And I would expect to be treated with respect throughout the process.

How would you guys feel if the shoes were on the other foot?

SavageWolves 07-05-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OcaQ (Hozzászólás 26554203)
The lack of communication between players of different regions is prevalent on the NA server, but it cannot be blamed on either party (as many are blaming the non-english speakers for this).

Telling the non-English speaking NA players to GTFO is extremely rude, and reporting them for not speaking English is even more ridiculous.

Please tolerate diversity in the League of Legends community

I agree being rude is not the answer, but if a couple of players are talking in a different language (regardless of which it is) and the rest cannot understand them, they should stop.

That is, if 3/5 of the players are talking in Spanish but know English and the other 2 players only speak English, the team chat should be in English.

Continuing to not communicate with the remaining players even though they could is a very solid case for refusing to communicate with the team.

The majority of players on the NA server know, understand, and can speak English, and it is a very high percentage. In the relatively unlikely case where all 5 players speak a different language, by all means, go ahead. But it is understandable that players would get angry if their teammates aren't communicating and the game is going badly.

Look at SK Ocelote. He is a great example of a bilingual player (even though he doesn't usually play on NA, this is non important).

Augie B 07-05-2012 06:10 PM

We migh as well talk about sexism now too huh?

OtterOfLegend 07-05-2012 07:32 PM

Yeah, this was terrible. Last night, I had a game where two of the players were basically unable to participate in any of the team chat, and were limited to some basic pings for communication. The language barrier was a real problem early, but we eventually managed to get around the fact that two of our players couldn't understand the strategy discussion, and rallied to win the game, but it was tougher than it should have been.

Really, it would have been much easier if Wukong and I had bothered to learn Brazilian Portugese, I mean, that's just laziness on our parts. And I'm not even North American (though the absence of either South American or Oceanic servers gives us few options if we want to play this game). I'm in Australia.

Also, while two of the others spoke English, the third barely did, and were a three-man premade. We got advice in English when it was needed, but most of the chat was in Portugese. It was a very fun game, and we wound up ading each other in the end, despite the language barrier.

LiGhTsOuT1066 07-05-2012 07:54 PM

America