League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   How to Find your class. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2318714)

TheStandalone 07-04-2012 01:48 PM

How to Find your class.

Hi first of all , I'm sorry if my grammar is not that accurate, I'm french canadian :\ (not my fault)

I wont tell what is the role of a carry or of a Jungler , I will help you to Find YOUR role. Presuming that you know what each roles is , if not go check : http://na.leagueoflegends.com/learn/...s/intermediate

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In summoner's rift a support is as important as a Carry or even a jungler. That is why every single summoner in the team need to be at their peak with their specefic class in order to win the game.

Not everyone will be good at lanning , or at jungling. A player can be a beast at support but will look like a deaf rabbit at assassinating.

However That do not mean that this player is a bad player , it just mean that his role as a support is more effective for the good of the team. This said I will try to help you find your role to get more wins in summoner's rift as a result.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you an Offensive player that as an end score of 12-2-6 or so really often ? if yes lets find wich type you are, a top , a Mid AP Carry , a jungler or a Bottom AD Carry ?

1)
-Are you an ''Agressive style'' of player ?
-that likes to push and is good at falling back when needed ( that do not Feed the enemy team when pushing)
-Good at last hitting? (**Idea from darkzero1)
-no trouble dueling against a tough enemy? (**Idea from darkzero1)
-find it easy to keep your health at a safe level? (**Idea from darkzero1)
-When you are in a team fight, do you prefer positioning yourself behind your team (or any strategic positions) (**idea TrlAlexCS)

Yes: You might be a good solo Top Lanner or a Good bottom AD Carry If so you will have to build a balanced tree between Defense and Offense. if you play with a friend support i suggest to go bottom with him, if not solo top or mid could work out very well for you !

NO:
Go to Question #2

2)
-good at long distance skirmishes? (**Idea from darkzero1)
-find it easy to defend yourself from two or more sides? (**Idea from darkzero1)
-Are you the type of player that ''have to'' move around the map to gank but is still good at timing his strikes to be able to come back at time in your lane without loosing ground ?
-ALSO Very Important : do you wait for your enemy to do a mistake before engaging ? (**idea from Darkzero1)
-use strategies that involve deceiving your enemy? (**idea from Darkzero1)
-like inflicting high damage in short spans of time? (**idea from Darkzero1)

Yes: You are probably an Assassin or MID AP carry these type of players are comfortable at switching lanes for a gank and come back at time without letting the enemy noticed they've left.

NO:
Go To Question #3

3)
-Are You comfortable with the term leaching ?
-Comfortable at continuesly running up and down in the jungle and willing to loose some lvl and money to help lanes to be more effective ?

Yes:
You are a Jungler, there are few champions that can really be effective at jungling and fewer people that can and knows how to jungle well. Some champions can start ganking at lvl 4-5 , if your the type of sumoner that can play these champions you really can make a difference in a game.

NO: Your are not an offensive player.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you a support type of player ? Do you often end with scores like : 2-5-20 ??? If yes that does not mean that you'r a bad player , that just mean that you'r an excellent Support.Let's see Are you a tank or real range support ?

1)
-Do you like to play in front line
-harrass players
-trow them back or bump them at you teamates so they can rape him ?
-Do you like to charge towers ?

-When you are in a team fight, do you like to rush in? (**idea TrlAlexCS)

Yes:
You'r a tank , Have fun and evaluate if you need magic resist or armor and make your opposant nervous for not being able to kill you

NO:
Go to Question #2

2)
-Are you good at staying erased
-Surviving
-escaping and buffing your parterns with timed heals , mana boosts and stuns ?

Yes:
You'r a pure support my friend ! You'll be the carries best friend and you will be his right arm ! most of his kills will be because of you and your team will benefit from it.

NO:
You have answered every questions by a no, you might not have the necessary knownlage of the game, go play some Players Vs AI's Games and practice

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TOP 3 Champions : (please help me ADJUST the list ,you veterans out there, tell me wich role you play best and wich champions !! I'when I'll have gathered enough champions I'll remake the top list) (**Idea from nolasuperman)

Bot CARRY:

-Ezreal
-Teemo
-Varus

AP Mid CARRY:
-Karthus
-Morgana
-Veigar

JUNGLER /// ASSASSIN:

-Shaco (**idea from Darkzero1)
-Master Yi
-Olaf

[UTOP:[/U]
- Renekton
-Tryndamere
-Jayce

SUPPORT:
-Soraka
-Janna
-Taric

TANK:
-Shen
-Volibear
-Amumu

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember : Every role is Important , if you'r not good at killing but can support your carry like a beast, You are as important as him.

TheStandAlone

TheStandalone 07-04-2012 02:14 PM

personally I play as a Support :D

Ouroborous HD 07-04-2012 03:16 PM

some of what you wrote is lacking. you completely left out the opportunist playstyle.

example:

do you play defensively?

yes

do you wait for your enemy to make a mistake instead of rushing them

yes

you sir are the archtype of the assassin role

TheStandalone 07-04-2012 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkzero1 (Hozzászólás 26519232)
some of what you wrote is lacking. you completely left out the opportunist playstyle.

example:

do you play defensively?

yes

do you wait for your enemy to make a mistake instead of rushing them

yes

you sir are the archtype of the assassin role

thank you sir for pointing that out , I need comments to improve my guide and I will surely give you the credit for that and I will give credit for anyone who has idea like this !

Ouroborous HD 07-04-2012 04:49 PM

since i seemed to have helped you i may as well throw in some other possibilities

AD carries

good at last hitting?

AP mid

good at long distance skirmishes?
find it easy to defend yourself from two or more sides?

Solo top

no trouble dueling against a tough enemy?
find it easy to keep your health at a safe level?

Assassin

use strategies that involve deceiving your enemy?
like inflicting high damage in short spans of time?

Support

you pretty much got this one

TheStandalone 07-04-2012 05:27 PM

This will be a helpfull comunity post ! feel free to add your little something !! I will credit you in the original post ! :D

Mango027 07-04-2012 06:02 PM

Where is the "jack of all traits"

TheStandalone 07-04-2012 06:19 PM

if you got all trait this post is not for you ;) and there's always in something that you'r better ! and thx for the downvote , this is thread to help ;)

Mango027 07-04-2012 06:28 PM

Wasnt me that downvoted (upvoted to keep you even), actually im just bad at jungling but I do a decent assassin, support, ap caster

TheStandalone 07-04-2012 08:57 PM

oh ok thank you :P