League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 13

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Esports Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Possible idea for making solo queue less stressful! (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2311082)

Shesocold 07-02-2012 03:27 PM

[Poll] An idea on how to Improve Solo Queue

-This beginning section is not completely true and it is important to read the edits and example before posting complaints compliments or voting.

[Give players the ability to choose a preferred roles such as AP carry, AD carry, Support, Tank, Jungler etc. and have a system try to connect them with appropriate teamates, then after a short time (maybe 2 minutes give or take) have them matched with a group that is somewhat balanced (not all AD carries). This would make the queue time slightly longer but would make solo queue games much less stressful. But yes some people could abuse the system by saying they will support then auto locking an AD carry but they would've done that anyways and this gives regular players a chance to balance their team so we see less 4 to 23 kill games and more 15 to 19 kill games.]

Revised Idea as of 4-6-13. <-----READ THIS instead of the idea above. ^
When queuing you would be given the option to select one or more preferred roles. Choosing said role(s) would not gaurantee or force you into any role lane or champion. The system would match the first 10 players based on skill and level as it currently does then it would match by distributing the team based the flexibilities of the players who used the system. So a player who is willing to play support and ADC could be given a value of 2 and a player who can only play one role would be worth 1 and then the system would try to balance the numbers on the team so they are as even as possible and setting players who didn't use the system equal to 0 while still matching those players with the ones who did use the system so that they are not stuck with a longer queue time.

In a nutshell. More balanced equal teams and only adding several, literally less than 3 seconds to the queue time.

Anyone else like this idea or want to add anything?

EDIT1: This edit was removed because it contradicted the idea as it developed.

EDIT2: Possibly add a level minimum so that new players must face the need to change to meet the needs of their team, and if they fail to learn that skill then at a certain level this can be introduced to provide the players that have learned to adapt a chance to play with more than just those "one role" players who never tried to learn more than their favorite role.

EDIT3: READ THIS!!!!! Matching would NOT be based off of the META!! Said it before but still getting people complaining about this.

EDIT4: The roles I gave as examples in the description are just examples. So quite complaining about this forcing the Meta this would be to distribute the more versatile players so that each team has more flexibility than 4 people saying mid or leave.

EDIT5: IT WILL NOT MATCH BASED OFF THE META BUT INSTEAD BY A GROUP'S FLEXIBILITY. I feel stupid for having to continue to repeat this...

EDIT6: Don't take the opening statement too seriously since I've had to make some changes to the idea thanks to feedback from everyone EDIT4 is the most important to the idea so be sure to read it.

EXAMPLE) To help the less imaginative get an idea for this theory I'll provide an example of how this could work.
You have 10 queued like the system already does. 6 used the system and 4 didn't.
The six that did marked. 1)AP carry, Support. 2)AD carry. 3)Bruiser. 4)AP carry, Roamer. 5)AP carry. 6)AD carry, Support, Bruiser. With the numbers representing each individual player. Also note that these roles could change to different names I used these ones because most people on the competitive discussion including myself are familiar with them.
So the system ideally would do this:
Team 1) 2 players that didn't use the system. Player 1, Player 3, Player 4
Team 2) 2 players that didn't use the system. Player 2, Player 5, Player 6

PS don't hate on the earlier comments because they were posted when this idea was still very rough.

silenc3d 07-02-2012 06:59 PM

or you can just add friends from people that you play with and make a premade team of people who know whats up with champions you play.

seriously its not hard to see a person carry a team and try to add them to friends. not to mention you have plenty of room on the friends list im up to 90 friends or so at least 20 of them are on at all times.

just saying if solo que is not working the way you want maybe you should try something else...

iloveshasta 07-02-2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silenc3d (Hozzászólás 26441482)
or you can just add friends from people that you play with and make a premade team of people who know whats up with champions you play.

seriously its not hard to see a person carry a team and try to add them to friends. not to mention you have plenty of room on the friends list im up to 90 friends or so at least 20 of them are on at all times.

just saying if solo que is not working the way you want maybe you should try something else...

I sure hope this is a joke. because that has nothing to do with the idea of people wanting to have a preferred roll. I would wait 30 minutes to have 4 + me have their preferred rolls vs someone else that has their preferred rolls. I know its trite but they speak about people that have different ways of learning, this is also true of people that have diff rent rolls. The rolls are quite different, if you could explain to me how bot ad is comparable to top lane i would like to hear it. The idea that you should add someone good in a very specific roll is a strange idea, its like asking saint to mid and have Voyboy go bot, who does that? I have no idea what kind of troll trys to make someone that is struggling feel bad. I hope op feels better because its not his fault, the way elo works you need to get lucky to have an ad that can carry. So you could get a bad that can't last hist, or you could get a super pro to carry you, yes if your play agressive supports you can do a bit of work, but if you don't its up to luck to figure out if you have a carry or a scrub.
TL DR **** YOU RANDOM GUY THAT HAS NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE TO SAY TO OP. WHY DON'T YOU ADD GOOD PEOPLE?

Shesocold 07-07-2012 09:20 AM

Sil3nced my friends are rarely ever on and the ones that are are obsessed with passing 2200 elo and so they stick to solo queue ranked. I thought that this would help randoms find a semi acceptable team so people doing solo queue like me dont get stuck with 3 AD carries and a jungler (needless to say it was one of those 4 kills to 23 kills games). Plus I'm not saying to boost the match time to 5 hours to make a perfectly balanced team, but just to help avoid having more than 2 of the same roles in a game. And lol iloveshasta you're right I just noticed he didn't even talk about why it wouldn't be a good idea. and I forgot to add this before bumps would be nice :)

Selcopa 07-07-2012 12:21 PM

Why cant you win with 2 AD carries or 3 AD carries? Ive won with 3 AD carries, ive lost to 3 AD carries

Shesocold 07-07-2012 01:30 PM

It's still possible to win with multiple AD carries but is generally more difficult and requires a larger skill difference to win which is frustrating when you wreck your lane early game and can't properly gank because your AD carries lack the cc to make it successful leading to the enemies AD carry being more fed than mine. It also doesn't help when their tank builds pure defense and they focus me first because I'm AP. So yes I could win a game with too many AD carries but it often becomes stressful when the AD carries start raging at each other when one steals their minion kills etc. and yes I could see 2 AD carries being fine and perfectly viable but 3 makes for an incredibly unbalanced team which is what I would want the change to help prevent.

Selcopa 07-07-2012 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shesocold (Hozzászólás 26636675)
It's still possible to win with multiple AD carries but is generally more difficult and requires a larger skill difference to win which is frustrating when you wreck your lane early game and can't properly gank because your AD carries lack the cc to make it successful leading to the enemies AD carry being more fed than mine. It also doesn't help when their tank builds pure defense and they focus me first because I'm AP. So yes I could win a game with too many AD carries but it often becomes stressful when the AD carries start raging at each other when one steals their minion kills etc. and yes I could see 2 AD carries being fine and perfectly viable but 3 makes for an incredibly unbalanced team which is what I would want the change to help prevent.

No, it just requires a different strategy, it may be 'more difficult' because you simply dont know how to adapt to it, but the fact is probably neither does your opponent.

You already have the ability to choose a preferred role, its called team chat "Hi can i play x please?" there's no reason to set up anything in client, it would kill any innovation in the game.

Shesocold 07-07-2012 09:14 PM

Selcopa. I understand and agree with your logic that it could discourage some innovation, however much of the innovation we see comes from the higher level players and is usually, atleast in my experience is developed during scrimmage games. And please elaborate on the different strategy used in a game where 4 attack damage based champions face a team that has built armor (the tank having 400) where you have a bruiser jungler and the AP is building bruiser. I don't mean to seem rude I'm honestly curious and am always open to other people's ideas.

Also teamchat doesn't help much with auto-locking players. Sorry I forgot to respond to that part of your post. And it's a pleasure to talk to someone that provides logic and reasoning on the forums, truly I do respect your opinion thank you for being reasonable. :)

CainComeback 07-08-2012 06:17 AM

You know this is actually a great idea, last night i was in game where i stuck to my lane and pushed down every tower. Yet we had Annie in mid who would constantly type in caps saying how i sucked because i would not rush to her aid when we had 4 of our mates vs 3 of theres in team fights. The team was so scattered running around the map no one but me stuck to there lane or role. I am not saying i carried the team but for the most part i was the only one doing my job, everytime he/she died there would be a surrender vote when we clearly had the upper hand and eventually won the match. Then again this community is full of trolls....+1 from me

NewBlat 07-08-2012 02:20 PM

With some slight modifications this could be a really awesome idea. I dont think choosing before your team is selected will work out because as has been stated, there ARE other team builds that dont put ad carry and support bot. the fact is that anything can win. but for solo ques this is a very interesting idea and i think RIOT ought to discuss this at much length and find a way to punish people that clearly dont want to get along with others or can only play 1 role. I know that i wouldnt want to choose my position before i even have teammates as i can play any role and would rather have everyone in a comfortable spot rather then unhappy people that will probably not play well.