League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Good champions to carry normal games? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2305276)

Kelarm 07-01-2012 12:32 AM

Good champions to carry normal games?

What are some good champions that, if played decently, can throw an entire team on their back and carry them to the win in normals? I realize a really good player could easily dominate a silly normal game with just about any champ, but I'm wondering which champs are best suited to the task by design (and therefore would be easiest for a less good player to dominate with)

I'm level 22 and pretty bad at the game, but still significantly better than at least most of the people I run into in normals. It is relatively rare that my KDA and CS is not the highest on the team, even when losing. After about 110 wins by now, I've grown tired of watching people throw games into awful enemy teams.

I've tried a few champs and Irelia solo top seems to be the closest I've come to what I'm looking for. I'm often able to dominate top lane then roam and snowball into her strong tanky lategame. However, I sometimes find myself tragically unable to carry some bad games even when very fed. Are there any other champs as good or better than Irelia for this purpose? Someone who can literally 1v5 subpar players when fed would be ideal. The best solo I've pulled as Irelia so far was 1v3 and I barely made it out alive.

Shinako 07-01-2012 02:30 AM

Someone with a lot of sustain and tankiness.

Like Warwick or Mordekaiser.

Lonely Fry Cook 07-01-2012 02:35 AM

Jungle Alistar... nuff said.

OtterOfLegend 07-01-2012 04:03 AM

Sustain and tankiness is a good idea, yes.

Good pushers can help, especially if they have escapes or CC - Alistar, Rammus, Nasus, Sivir spring to mind. Won't win a 1v5, but can win the match in spite of losing every teamfight.

Mordekaiser gets a special mention for getting a ghost of an enemy carry and pushing to the nexus.

For winning teamfights singlehanded, you want an AoE mage - Katarina or AP Tristana can devastate an unprepared team, and pick up a lot of kills. However, you're also going to be vulnerable. Jax, Olaf or Tryndamere are good pushers and duelists, and can get out when the backup turns up. Irelia, as you mentioned, is also good.

Finally, if they're not prone to warding or buying oracle's, Twitch can alternate between pushing towers and assassinating lone champions very effectively. But usually, someone will figure things out and ruin your day. Usually someone too tanky to kill, too.

In the end, carrying 1v5 is much more about bringing your best game than bringing the best champion, though there are certainly champs that can't do it. Pick someone you know well and play well, favouring one of tankiness/sustain, pushing power, or AoE burst, as any of these three will help you win the match. Play them often, and play them solo queue normal. When your team is terrible, do the best you can, stay flexible, stay reactive and concentrate on winning.

TheHawtPotato 07-01-2012 05:54 AM

Riven she can jump into a team deal tons of AoE dmg and get out and ult 2 pick off low health targets.
Kennen can stun and entire team for 2 seconds nearly making ur team invinsible during team fights.
katerina can get pentas easily with her ult.
a well played karthus will kill an entire team easily.\
tho xin zhao not my favorite he can dish out tons of damge to an entire team.

TheHawtPotato 07-01-2012 05:55 AM

forgot nasus a well played nasus can go 1v5 and win

supernewton 07-01-2012 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonely Fry Cook (Hozzászólás 26370605)
Jungle Alistar... nuff said.

quoted for truth. If your team is too stupid to take advantage of the insane ganks he gives, you were probably going to lose regardless of who you chose anyway.

yodaz12 07-01-2012 10:40 AM

fizz and ad carries. Only things i've seen that are literally able to just swing games by themselves.

After that, anything tanky with sustain, but its much harder to get them to op status and you have to get super super fed. Mind you, if you get there, you win, but getting there is tough.

slimjimo10 07-01-2012 02:49 PM

Twitch is highly underestimated and can carry teams with ease. If you are level 22, you probably aren't facing the best enemies, so you can destroy people as twitch and they probably won't even buy an oracles.

StarxPower 07-01-2012 03:17 PM

Anyone can carry normals. Hell, I've seen fiddlesticks build 4 deathcaps and carry hard. Good luck.