League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Twitch - Beginning Items (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=22937)

Ghostlord 11-03-2009 05:56 PM

Twitch - Beginning Items

Okay, I have read many guides, and they all say different things.

What I want to know, please, is what are the best 1-4 items to get as Twitch?

As in, first item to get, then second, then third, then forth...

Thanks.

cF Dawgy 11-03-2009 08:47 PM

I usually grab the Berserker's Greaves, then the Last Whisper, then Madred's Bloodrazor (The HP -> Damage one), and then Phantom Dancer. If the game still continues, I'd grab another Bloodrazor. Not sure if they stack or not, I'd need confirmation.

Reep 11-03-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dawgy (Hozzászólás 251411)
I usually grab the Berserker's Greaves, then the Last Whisper, then Madred's Bloodrazor (The HP -> Damage one), and then Phantom Dancer. If the game still continues, I'd grab another Bloodrazor. Not sure if they stack or not, I'd need confirmation.

They do indeed stack.

If you grab two Bloodrazors and a Life Steal sceptor (or better yet, Stark's Fervor), you level can solo baron at level 18. It also shuts down tanks and turrets like there's no tomorrow.

SmecssRaege 11-03-2009 11:48 PM

this was my old build, that i still love to this day (still not the biggest fan of spray and pray...although i've used it to good results, i still call it situational)

Malady (epic EPIC item that no twitch should be without really)
Some sort of boots (I prefer mobility for ganks or boots 3 for general purpose)
Wit's End (more attack speed, 42 pure damage per shot that drains mana)
Black Cleaver (-armor is nice, and the damage is a nice boost, applies super fast thanks to having a basically capped out attack speed with ambush or ulti up at this point)
Infinity's Edge or Bloodthirster or Banshee's Veil (choice of those 3 to fill in last items)

Dendrik 11-04-2009 02:43 AM

Meki Pendant - For early harassing
Movement 3 boots
Last Whisper
Blood Thirst
Infinity's Edge

Usually by this time the game is pretty much over (either losing or about to win)
From here I'd do Bloodrazor or Banshee Veil then get whichever one I didn't get first.

Ghostlord 11-04-2009 06:43 AM

Still a lot of difference in opinion, but I thank all of you. Smeck, I have read your guide, and commented on it regarding items usage. I did enjoy your guide tho, great job on it.

My problem is just getting gold now, it comes so slow to me. And it seems as tho it is hard to farm creeps... I cant get Twitch good enough, fast enough. And I cant keep up with ppl leveling wise. For instance, I will be lvl 6, when the rest of my team and their team is 8-12...

It is quite frustrating, any advice on this now? If not, I understand, and thanks again for the help with the items.

Take care all!

Mylar 11-04-2009 10:02 AM

I'll adress your gold problem in specific, though I'll likely get flamed by other Twitch users.

Tiamat:
I like tiamat on twitch, not stacked. just a single one. This lets you destroy creep waves in seconds, which gets you cash and plays well with the other item I find very nice on Twitch.

Boots of Mobility:
Mobility plays SO well with Twitch. Combined with Tiamat, you can farm all three lanes of creeps and the neutrals inbetween. Kill a wave and move. Never stick around in a lane for more then a few seconds, or you will be ganked. Coming out of stealth and having the bonus attack speed + Tiamat lets you wipe a huge creepwave so fast that by the time the other team reacts you are re-stealthed and headed to a different lane.

Lifesteal:
Just the scepter will do, but I usually bump the first one up to Malady.

Once you have those three bases covered you can move your mulit-lane farming to their side of the map. Twitch is great for sneaking between the two enemy lane turrets and wiping their creep waves THERE and escaping consistantly. With no enemy creeps ever getting to the middle of the map, the enemy cannot push at all and your creeps will eventually start taking out towers on their own, even if the rest of your team is dicking around ganking.

There is one major problem with this, and I have lost several games due to this. Twitch with the above basic item set will quickly farm to fill out his slots with the rest of the normal major power Twitch items... But you can become so effecient at killing that midgame you choke out your own team. It's not unusual for me to be 15 or 16, the enemy's highest to be 12 and my whole team to be 10 and under. Yeah, you may be a god farming all three lanes, the neutrals, and ganking whenever spray n pray is off cooldown.... but if you choke out the rest of your team you still lose.

Starting items depend on the enemy champion picks...

If I don't think I'll have any problems lasthitting a lane right off the bat I'll grab the two regen items for tiamat and try to build it right away, with maybe just move1 boots or a sceptere working in before the tiamat is finished. Adding in the sceptre right off the bat means you can jungle the light stuff between enemy waves.

If my team is range heavy, or the enemy has something scary enough that I'll be prevented from lasthitting in the early lane, I'll go for the mana half of the philosophers stone and a couple health pots as the startup build. Finish the stone, grab the lifedrain sceptre and get to jungling.

Damn that got long. sorry.

Vixen Fox 11-04-2009 10:30 AM

Here's a build I've been trying out.

Vamp Sceptor (12% lifesteal) - 450
Philosophers Stone ( 22.5/5 health regen, 10/5 mana regen, 1 gold per 2 secs) - 1115
Heart of Gold ( 225 health, 30 armor, 1 gold per 2 sec) - 975
Finish Malady ( 40% attack speed, 15% life steal, stackable damage bonus ) - 1590 + vamp scept
Recurve Bow - 40% attack speed - 1050
Finish Madred's Bloodrazor ( 40 damage, 40% atk speed, 30 armor, bonus magic damage) - 2750 + recurve bow
Finish Madred's Bloodrazor ( 40 damage, 40% atk speed, 30 armor, bonus magic damage) - 2750 + recurve bow

Start with vamp so you can stay in your lane longer, then go with two +gold items (since bloodrazors are expensive) that also give you more staying power. Once you get the malady, it's time to go gank and then it's only a matter of time before you start getting bloodrazors.

Gigarayzor 11-04-2009 10:38 AM

No boots, Vixen? I would get berserker's or mobility, personally.

Vixen Fox 11-04-2009 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigarayzor (Hozzászólás 252519)
No boots, Vixen? I would get berserker's or mobility, personally.

'zerker boots are 1/3 of a bloodrazor, so it hurts the rush to bloodrazors. I usually only get them if I'm having to react / change lanes a lot.