League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 22

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Racists on LoL (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2280134)

SICK N NERVOUS 06-25-2012 04:48 AM

Racists on LoL

Well.. Since i started to play LoL, i've suffered bullying by the U.S players and other players around the world.

Whenever i'm playing with a friend and we say something in portuguese, they start to be racist with us. It's just annoying,

This is very annoying, because these days I was banned until June 26 for the reason might have answered the insults. I can not just hold it all quiet. Because I did not give any reason for them to do so, and when I said that they would be reported for a negative attitude, they replied with other offenses, "Fck you, give me some tacos!", "I'm American, I will not be banned.", "Report him for huehue" and things like that.

Seriously, why these guys think are better than us, Brazilians, just for us to be BRAZILIAN? I have two eyes, two hands and have a head to think, then i am like everyone else. Racism should be a hard reason to be banned, not answer the criticisms of the time and be reported by trolls only for be Brazilian, like i did.

Well, I'm already tired of it and I apologize for my English.

thedirtiestgirl 06-25-2012 05:57 AM

I am sorry you have to deal with that. I am American, but I have seen time and time again racist commentary by other American players while playing the game. What is so unfortunate is that these people would never say a word if you saw then in person, but use the game to spout their crazy, misguided, and clearly ignorant beliefs. The truth is, racism is still very present in American discourse, and it does not seem to be changing too soon. My advice is to just ignore these people, deny them the satisfaction of a response to their absolutely worthless ideas. Most of them are trolls anyways, and getting them riled up will only incite further feeding.

On a side note, I will say that it is frustrating when people on the NA server speak very poor English in solo que. It just makes it harder to communicate with the team, etc. I guess I would just do your best and avoid using other languages unless you need to.

Diomedes314 06-25-2012 05:58 AM

Some Americans are racist, get used to it. Im Argentinian and when i speak spanish suddenly im from mexico and i clean their houses. Just report and ignore.

Vizzlepeez 06-25-2012 06:16 AM

Im sorry this happens to u i see it alot too but as a white middle class american male i dont experience too much racism but id hav to tell u just to not take it personally because there are not only racists in this game but huge f*cking ****** bags who think that **** is funny

Cyleal 06-25-2012 06:22 AM

I'd say the worst thing about LoL is the community. I mean there are cool players here and there, but any form of sportsmanship is all but absent and sexism and racism are prevalent in 90% of games before 30. I'm sorry you had to deal with this and I hope you can manage to enjoy the game anyways. My friends and I always do 3v3s specifically so we can avoid this kind of thing. With just myself and the two of them we never have to deal with people on our own team and if we don't want to listen to the guys on the other team there's a button for that.

supermeiko 06-25-2012 06:24 AM

Problem is the community is destroyed due to (sorry if anyone here who is decent and under 21) the amount of "under 21" on the servers. I'm sorry but your Justin Bieber/huehueheuhue/4channewfaggin-9gaggin generation is FULL of TROLLS--

MoonStomp 06-25-2012 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thedirtiestgirl (Hozzászólás 26087279)
I am sorry you have to deal with that. I am American, but I have seen time and time again racist commentary by other American players while playing the game. What is so unfortunate is that these people would never say a word if you saw then in person, but use the game to spout their crazy, misguided, and clearly ignorant beliefs. The truth is, racism is still very present in American discourse, and it does not seem to be changing too soon. My advice is to just ignore these people, deny them the satisfaction of a response to their absolutely worthless ideas. Most of them are trolls anyways, and getting them riled up will only incite further feeding.

On a side note, I will say that it is frustrating when people on the NA server speak very poor English in solo que. It just makes it harder to communicate with the team, etc. I guess I would just do your best and avoid using other languages unless you need to.

To;Dr I'm an American and I'm guilty for every racist action of my previous countrymen. Let me bend over for your foreign interests.

supermeiko 06-25-2012 06:58 AM

..Also not even the funny type of trolling or controlled, it's like 24/7 trolling and immaturity

PowderToast 06-25-2012 08:02 AM

What about all of the SA players in the NA server which call me Gringo?

Vizzlepeez 06-25-2012 08:08 AM

Gringo isnt an offensive term lol its a name for americans and it came from the fact we used to have soldiers in mexico and they asked the "green" to "go" and it became gringo, its just a term