League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Champion Feedback (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Panth's new splash art. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2250444)

tower2 06-20-2012 03:55 PM

Panth's new splash art.

Pantheon's new splash art has brought some concerns to my attention.

Pantheon, is by far my favorite lol champ. Ever since I first saw him I knew I would play the spartan. I slaved away and bought him as soon as I could. This was of course before I knew that when he falls from the sky, the ground explodes, before I realized what power a stun had, before I knew that he laughed at the champions who thought they could find safty under the all powerful turrets.

Pantheon's origanal splash art made a statement, as all splash arts do. He was the spartan, the guy from 300. The one who coined the phrase "spartan kick." He looked down with powerful glowing red eyes at any who dared to challenge him. He was a symbol of Power, no... Dominance. Standing tall and proud chest high, shield raised, spear ready. When I see a Pantheon, just before the game starts, my mind instantly rushes to the movie 300..... THIS IS SPARTAAAAAH!..

Pantheon's new splash art however, depicts the spartans fighing the last battle, against over-whelming odds. He also seems to have lost weight. It now seems to be a more " Great, now we're all going to die" look across his shaded face as his eyes lost the dominate edge and sharpness. Now when I look at my once proud spartan.. Instead of getting the "Let's show them what war is" attitude and screaming SPARTAAAAH! At the top of my lungs.. It's... " You know they all die at the end of that movie, right?"

Don't get me wrong, I really appereciate the fact that you guys are updating the pictures of our favorite champs. I mean I will even buy Ezreal's new skin and akali's, only to show support for the changes. Panth's skins are the same. I did not buy the perseus skin because.. well it's not spartan, I did not buy the Myrmadon skin because.. it's not spartan.. I bought the Full Metal skin because.. its hard core spartan, and also the Glaive Warrior skin.. because.. well he got an awsome spear. also he's wearing Nasus on his head. With my skins, I only used the defalt.. because no other skin made the same statement. No other skin would show the meaning of undying resolve.

I know it's a long shot here, but please concider re-instating the old default skin back into the line up of skin choices for Panth. Hell, I'll even buy it. because without it hes the guy that dies in a movie I watched once... instead of the former glory that once was Pantheon.

Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts.. and thanks for all the hours of my life that would have been wasted away... you know.. sleeping. worth every minute!

Ancient Tower 06-20-2012 04:47 PM

Bump

D00MMAKER 06-20-2012 04:49 PM

want old panth

Dimkal 06-20-2012 05:09 PM

old was better

Folly Inc 06-20-2012 05:10 PM

New art is -far- better.

tower2 06-20-2012 06:22 PM

bump

ArchAngelxWM199 06-20-2012 06:45 PM

I really dont like the new art makes him look less tough and manly. He looks more like a greek hoplite, Rather than the ultimate spartan warrior. Please put it back or make it as much epic and awesome as the original.

SethCypher 06-20-2012 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by warman199 (Hozzászólás 25765146)
I really dont like the new art makes him look less tough and manly. He looks more like a greek hoplite, Rather than the ultimate spartan warrior. Please put it back or make it as much epic and awesome as the original.

Old art made him look more like a dwarf than anything else really.

tower2 06-20-2012 08:25 PM

bump

CrispyCoffee 06-20-2012 08:28 PM

One thing I also don't like with his new art is his awkward leg positioning