League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Attack Damage and Cooldown Reduction (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2241473)

PleaseJustShutUp 06-19-2012 01:21 PM

Attack Damage and Cooldown Reduction

There's really no good way to build both.

Really without the Ionian Boots of Lucidity, all you really have are The Brutalizer and Youmuu's Ghostblade.

Powerstoned 06-19-2012 02:05 PM

For simple flat attack damage, you're right, but attack speed+cdr items increase dps, which is more important. Try to fit an early Zeke's into your build instead.

PleaseJustShutUp 06-19-2012 02:50 PM

^ Yeah, that would work except for on Urgot, and that's who I'm trying to make a build for. Cooldown reduction is apparently better than Attack Speed for him.

Kaoelith 06-19-2012 02:55 PM

normally on ad bots you rather have more damage/attack speed than cdr since your autos will hurt more than spells, urgot being special since he is more bruiser because of his ulti

zekes on a ad carry bot is a waste of an item slot leave it to supports/tanks

on bruisers though, you normally any of the following: frozen heart, randuin omen, shurelya's reverie, or brutillizer and sell it late game for LW
with masteries you can easily break 30% which is more than enough since 30-40% isn't noticeable unless you have some long ulti cd like karthus which most ad/bruisers don't

QuiManeOriebaris 06-19-2012 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PleaseJustShutUp (Hozzászólás 25634693)
There's really no good way to build both.

Really without the Ionian Boots of Lucidity, all you really have are The Brutalizer and Youmuu's Ghostblade.

yeah, this is what i usually run, too.

PleaseJustShutUp 06-19-2012 03:12 PM

Well I think that since Urgot Glass Cannon becomes useless after 45 minutes into the game, he would be more useful as a tank since he has more utility abilities than damage output.

arcticnerd 06-19-2012 04:20 PM

With the brutalizer and some cdr from your masteries you really don’t need much more.

Goatbear 06-19-2012 07:10 PM

I'm pretty sure that CDR caps at %50. Between Brutalizer's %10 and Ionian's %15 you're already halfway there, you can very nearly pick up the other %25 just off runes and masteries.

XCodes 06-19-2012 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goatbear (Hozzászólás 25652290)
I'm pretty sure that CDR caps at %50. Between Brutalizer's %10 and Ionian's %15 you're already halfway there, you can very nearly pick up the other %25 just off runes and masteries.

40%, not 50%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoelith (Hozzászólás 25638400)
on bruisers though, you normally any of the following: frozen heart, randuin omen, shurelya's reverie, or brutillizer and sell it late game for LW
with masteries you can easily break 30% which is more than enough since 30-40% isn't noticeable unless you have some long ulti cd like karthus which most ad/bruisers don't

Actually, the difference between 30% and 40% is whether you cast a spell 6 times or 7 times. Urgot is a special case, though.

I'd say that even if Urgot was the primary AD damager, he should still invest in a Frozen Heart for his CDR. Carries want a survivability item, anyway, and frankly all those stats are nice on Urgot.

Goatbear 06-19-2012 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XCodes (Hozzászólás 25661426)
40%, not 50%.

Actually, the difference between 30% and 40% is whether you cast a spell 6 times or 7 times. Urgot is a special case, though.

I'd say that even if Urgot was the primary AD damager, he should still invest in a Frozen Heart for his CDR. Carries want a survivability item, anyway, and frankly all those stats are nice on Urgot.

is it %40? I'll buy that. You might also consider a Zeke's Herald, it's got Health, CDR (%15), attack speed, and Life Steal with an aura that helps out your allies too.