League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   How should Sona be played? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2241087)

Zoltan the Mad 06-19-2012 11:35 AM

How should Sona be played?

I played Sona for a few games for the first time today, as she is a free champion this week. I must say that I enjoyed playing her and will likely buy the champ to use her more often. However, I had a couple of guys b#$ching at me for the entire match on one of the 3 games I played. They started at me because I happened to make 2 kills using auto-attack. They complained and commented (not nicely) about my ability to support for the rest of the match even though at the end of game, my stats were 8 kills 31 assists. I took my skills as heal and damage as priority, in that order, unless I was able to raise ult. I also took 1 rank of the speed burst just to have it, but didn't focus on it till heal and damage were max.

So, my question is.. Should a support use damage if heals are not needed at the time, even if it happens to get kill shot? I think the champion has a damage ability for a reason but apparently some people don't agree.

Silverlord88 06-19-2012 11:43 AM

So, sona's Q isn't made to finish guys up, use it to damage them early in the game, mid and late game, damage them, but as a support, try to let ap carry, ranged dps or jungler have the kill, supports are most likely to get assist, try to use your slow power chord when the enemy is low on health, it will probably not kill, but will let your team finish him :)

Abussos 06-19-2012 12:16 PM

When you play a support, try to throw your damaging abilities out first so that other champions may have the extra gold. Supports are used for their utility, and therefore are less dependent on items, so they can fall a bit behind on gold. And if you're not truly getting those kills on accident or if you're just making sure that the enemy dies, I don't think your team has the right to complain.

Oozra 06-19-2012 12:51 PM

i play support alot . don t feel bad for getting a couple of kills . Some times it just happen . As long as you don t actively try to KS other , it just happen :")

TeknoWizard 06-19-2012 01:17 PM

My rule when supporting is never take a kill unless someone else on your team is unable to secure it. If I do end up taking the kill, like as Taric my ult goes off and kills someone, then just toss out "Oops, my bad. Sorry." Besides, people always want to blame either the support or the jungler. Don't take any of it to heart.

KnightxSScarlett 06-19-2012 01:23 PM

Here's the rule:

In solo queue, you must ALWAYS ALWAYS take the kill if you can. You know why? You can't always rely on people in solo queue to finish kills. If you get the kill, better for them to have an assist and you a kill instead of no one getting an assist or kill.

True story though - I've had AD carries complain that I "ks" when I had to finish off their AD before their AD carry killed ours.

- Mageinta Warrior

CrimsonV 06-19-2012 02:21 PM

try standard support with philo rush, maybe consider mana manip for extra mana regen

Zoltan the Mad 06-19-2012 04:19 PM

I never try to get last kills. I aim to do damage at the start to middle of an opponents HP bar and then help adding heals and speed burst, which I am using more now. So I think i'm gonna stick with this, it seems to work good with most people. I am always playing solo, so it's random who I group with. Just no pleasing some people I guess.

Zoctar 06-19-2012 04:52 PM

test her with bots and see what is the best build

mobafire helps

NamKim 06-19-2012 06:01 PM

As the support, you do not want to get the kills. You want to let your AD carry take the kills since he can use that extra gold to buy the necessary items to "carry" the team. My rule of thumb is, try not to get the killing blow. However, if you happen to get it...well, you cannot really do anything about it so might as well use that extra gold to help your team out.