League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   RiotNome is my new favorite red. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2240389)

DaRatmastah 06-19-2012 07:14 AM

RiotNome is my new favorite red.

Discuss.

FDru 06-19-2012 07:18 AM

He is a foot.

Redenbacher 06-19-2012 07:18 AM

I'm not sure what to think. He seems to be the only one working with the community on Dominion, but I remain skeptical.

Is the information pushed to anyone else? Is he influencing active development?

Or is this the type of assignment that went like so: "Well, we're not sure what else you should focus on right now... how about that Dominion thing?" Maybe he was just asked to post some questions just to keep the community pacified. Maybe it was a punishment... *shrug*

Words are great, but I won't start dancing until I see actions and results.

Ragkval 06-19-2012 07:54 AM

While that is always a good practice, I highly doubt it would be an appointed punishment. The way I see it is that he could be the new "face" of the non SR maps. I believe his findings get passed on to someone else's hands (perhaps a non SR team if it exists) and he continues his research from there. I would categorize it as direct community involvement as opposed to actively working on things. Basically someone who can filter through to the real issues of these maps and pass those concerns off to someone who can one day do something about them. That's how I hope it is atleast.

Helixes 06-19-2012 08:07 AM

He is actually looking into our problems, which is more than rickless or brackhar (as much as I like them) seemed to do.

DarkTemplar99 06-19-2012 09:04 AM

Great person I would assume.

ArlanKels 06-19-2012 09:43 AM

RiotNome is Riot's response to the continual, long long outcry from theTwisted Treeline and Dominion forums for a more active, vocal individual who can give us feedback on our underdeveloped, buggy and otherwise unloved maps.

So I view him being appointed to where he is as two things:
1) PR Move from Riot to try and appease everyone
2) Huge potential for the game to get infinitely better if Nome is actually listened to and not ignored by his LORD AND MASTERS.

Beyond that he seems like a good guy. Don't know him personally so can't give any feedback in that regard.

Snoop Nome 06-19-2012 10:22 AM

This thread has made me question whether I am a PR robot. Allow me to query.

Snoop Nome 06-19-2012 10:38 AM

Query complete.

Let me discuss my powers and limitations. As of right now, I'm still technically on the Proving Grounds team, though our post-release support is currently "limited", seeing as how the patch unfortunately borked. I'll be moving more formally to live design next week, which will functionally not mean much different for my day-to-day operations other than that I get trolled by Geeves a lot more.

On the Dominion side, what I am actually doing is scouring for actionables and sorting them into a priority list. I'm also trying to actually PLAY a lot of Dominion, because I have a rudimentary understanding of competitive Dominion minutiae. At top priority are tasks I can personally accomplish as a designer: number tweaks, slight mechanics changes, non-programmy stuff. Next are tasks that would primarily require designer time, but also require external resources such as art in the final stages: possible brush position shifts, new items, etc. Finally, there are long-term tasks that require potentially lots of people. For example, the score system overhaul thread has potential changes that will require me, tech designers, artists, and possibly UI dudes.

Then there are out-of-scope issues. I can sometimes inquire, but may not be able to drive them. Competitive exposure, marketing, ranked queue, IP/XP rewards, etc.

FusedPositron 06-19-2012 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotNome (Hozzászólás 25627680)
Query complete.

Let me discuss my powers and limitations. As of right now, I'm still technically on the Proving Grounds team, though our post-release support is currently "limited", seeing as how the patch unfortunately borked. I'll be moving more formally to live design next week, which will functionally not mean much different for my day-to-day operations other than that I get trolled by Geeves a lot more.

On the Dominion side, what I am actually doing is scouring for actionables and sorting them into a priority list. I'm also trying to actually PLAY a lot of Dominion, because I have a rudimentary understanding of competitive Dominion minutiae. At top priority are tasks I can personally accomplish as a designer: number tweaks, slight mechanics changes, non-programmy stuff. Next are tasks that would primarily require designer time, but also require external resources such as art in the final stages: possible brush position shifts, new items, etc. Finally, there are long-term tasks that require potentially lots of people. For example, the score system overhaul thread has potential changes that will require me, tech designers, artists, and possibly UI dudes.

Then there are out-of-scope issues. I can sometimes inquire, but may not be able to drive them. Competitive exposure, marketing, ranked queue, IP/XP rewards, etc.

So more of this, but in a semi-PR-design hybrid role?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...px-DataTNG.jpg