League of Legends Community
12345 ... 7

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   A New Opening for Solo Queue Abuse (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2226726)

TB Wolf 06-17-2012 02:36 AM

A New Opening for Solo Queue Abuse

EDIT: Note the date of this post. It's just before the change to the dodge penalty was implemented.

Scenario:

You are first pick. You main AD carries.

random guy who mains AP mid is second pick

random guy who mains top is third pick

Random guy who mains jungle is fourth pick

random guy who mains AP mid is fifth pick

you lock in as an AD carry, and the second locks in as AP mid, someone like Ahri or Leblanc, or Brand, where their only place is mid really.

5th pick is like "Wtf guys I wanted mid." after 2nd pick chose

When it gets to his pick, he locks in Annie, instead of adapting to team, because with the new queue dodge system, he realizes people are more likely to dodge when he does such things since people would rather wait 30 minutes to ranked over losing 11-13 Elo for sure, so someone dodges.

Rinse and repeat until said 5th pick gets his role, with possibly several innocent players affected and being forced to wait to queue up again because of one player deciding to not adapt to team needs because trolling is easier and more efficient to gain Elo now.

If teams sack-up and accept the trolling for what it is and take the Elo hit, then he can just dodge himself. After all, it's only 30 minutes now.... Maybe play on a smurf, etc.

I personally propose a way to report what happens in lobbies, if this change is implemented. There is a rather obvious difference between going outside of a meta with a duo queue or just a unique comp, and trolling in order to cause misfortune upon others.

InVaSiOnArY 06-17-2012 02:38 AM

People already do that with the old way...

Ancine 06-17-2012 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TB Wolf (Hozzászólás 25449677)
Scenario:

You are first pick. You main AD carries.

random guy who mains AP mid is second pick

random guy who mains top is third pick

Random guy who mains jungle is fourth pick

random guy who mains AP mid is fifth pick

you lock in as an AD carry, and the second locks in as AP mid, someone like Ahri or Leblanc, or Brand, where their only place is mid really.

5th pick is like "Wtf guys I wanted mid." after 2nd pick chose

When it gets to his pick, he locks in Annie, instead of adapting to team, because with the new queue dodge system, he realizes people are more likely to dodge when he does such things since people would rather wait 30 minutes to ranked over losing 11-13 Elo for sure, so someone dodges.

Rinse and repeat until said 5th pick gets his role, with possibly several innocent players affected and being forced to wait to queue up again because of one player deciding to not adapt to team needs because trolling is easier and more efficient to gain Elo now.

I personally propose a way to report what happens in lobbies, if this change is implemented. There is a rather obvious difference between going outside of a meta with a duo queue or just a unique comp, and trolling in order to cause misfortune upon others.

he wont be 5th pick every time you tard, and pick =/= win game or lose and if he is really that good to win only cause he is ap mid then he deserves it

genes1s 06-17-2012 02:39 AM

stop making threads about this.

Neptune 06-17-2012 02:39 AM

Yes, we had the same QQ when Riot first enabled dodge penalties.
It was "omg trolls will just lock in clarity mundo!11".

But the game experience is overall better because of it, and I think this will have an equally positive effect overall.

Kyuubey 06-17-2012 02:40 AM

Old way: He does that, and someone dodges, losing elo instead.

Gergosh 06-17-2012 02:40 AM

I propose people act like adults. Its like anything else communicate before you pick champs so everyone knows what they are doing. That flushes out people who will only play one champ or one position. If you have two that only play mid then someone has to compromise. Don't just make a report function to punish people who end up fifth if the team doesn't communicate. Instead promote communication! Crazy!

TB Wolf 06-17-2012 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MMMAPS (Hozzászólás 25449727)
People already do that with the old way...

Far less often than nowadays, since most people simply won't dodge away 10 Elo, rather than a possible win or losing 11-13 Elo anyways, but at least trying for a win.

Now that Elo is unaffected, people will be much more likely to dodge and just stop playing that session.

TB Wolf 06-17-2012 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancine (Hozzászólás 25449733)
he wont be 5th pick every time you tard, and pick =/= win game or lose and if he is really that good to win only cause he is ap mid then he deserves it

He may be lower pick, and then replace him with a different 4th-5th pick.

He doesn't deserve to win just by forcing other people to not play in order to get his role regardless.

TB Wolf 06-17-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by genes1s (Hozzászólás 25449744)
stop making threads about this.

Sorry, I won't make another, but I felt this was necessary since people weren't really reading my other one, and it had too many downvotes, so the message was relatively ignored. I decided to take a new approach to it, and it seems to be working better.