League of Legends Community
1234511 ... 44

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Riot Has the Wrong Priorities (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2215285)

BigTallUgly 06-13-2012 08:53 PM

Riot Has the Wrong Priorities

Hey all;

I'll get right to it - Riot has the wrong priorities. Instead of constantly releasing new champions, Riot needs to work on new competitive game modes.

Right now, there's only one. Summoner's Rift. . With the standard lanes, mid, top, bot jungle. Which is fine. Eventually, there will come a point when this becomes boring. There will come a point when players want more, there will come games that deliver it better.

I'm asking that Riot have a little vision. Making new champs right now might be a great business model. I'm sure Pulsefire EZ will be a big hit with the kids. What the developers need to realize, a few years down the road, it will be the lack of major content upgrades that kills the game.

Dominion is unbalanced, Dominion, for some strange reason, is not ranked. When you queue for ranked games, I strongly suggest Riot start throwing people into a random game mode, only one of which is the summoner's rift, with its current rules and limitations.

By all means Riot, keep making those champs, but please, start improving the game. I think its just for the good of the long-term standing.

Kuama 06-13-2012 09:50 PM

Riot put aside all major improvements until they hit their 100th champ, after which i believe they were planning to do monthly releases of champions and focus on other content of the game.

BigTallUgly 06-14-2012 04:34 AM

I would like to see what other people think about this. I understand the one game type we have right now is ******* and everything, but I seriously think its time for more game types. Not only that, but how much more exciting would it be if teams, in competitive play, did not exactly which map and game style they would be playing until the actual game started.

BigTallUgly 06-14-2012 05:00 PM

Bump!

By the way Riot staff, ******* is not a bad word. Filter seems a bit off

Eggroll9000 06-14-2012 07:20 PM

I think they should go backwards from most MOBAs which is a mod from a story game and give this MOBA a story game like Diablo (which they can charge for...). $$$ Riot!! I just put some $$$ in your pocket....

BigTallUgly 06-15-2012 06:15 AM

Just having one map for competitive gameplay seems too limited to me, they could have several, which would incredibly spice things up!

p2wKush 06-15-2012 01:02 PM

Hey bro.... the major competitive map is Summoner's Rift, and the mode is Normal.... Dont post while highhhhhhhh.... just saying.

BigTallUgly 06-15-2012 04:35 PM

You're right, there can only be one competitive map, across all of time and all possible universes. What was I thinking. Clearly, I'm the one with the pipe in his mouth.

BigTallUgly 06-16-2012 06:18 AM

Bump!

Kizoja2 06-16-2012 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTallUgly (Hozzászólás 25387908)
You're right, there can only be one competitive map, across all of time and all possible universes. What was I thinking. Clearly, I'm the one with the pipe in his mouth.

I think his point is your post says Twisted Treeline. Not Summoner's Rift. There are Twisted Treeline tournaments, no? Pretty sure there are. It is not nearly as popular as Summoner's Rift. I think it'd be difficult to make different maps that keep all the champions in balance. This isn't an FPS. I never played Dota, so I don't know if it had multiple maps. I think it had a FFA mode. Anyways Dota 2 only has 1 map, I know that much.

I don't know if you meant to say there's only one other competitive map and that is Twisted Treeline or if you really don't know about Summoner's Rift. Or if you just think Summoner's Rift is called Twisted Treeline and don't know about the real Twisted Treeline. I think you think Summoner's Rift is called Twisted Treeline because you mention top, bot, mid, and jungle and Twisted Treeline only has two lanes.

Also I just reread your post. You kind of backed up my point, "Dominion is unbalanced, Dominion, for some strange reason, is not ranked" (OP).