League of Legends Community
12345 ... 9

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Summoner's Rift (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   "I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling" (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2208720)

Abussos 06-11-2012 08:23 PM

"I call mid." "No, I want it and I'm first pic." "K then, I'm trolling"

When joining a normal draft game or a ranked solo/duo queue, I've found that there's one thing I always have to consider. Something that hinders my ability to enjoy playing the game: Other people who only want to play one champion or one role. When I join a game, I read the chat and always find people "calling" what roles they want to play. No matter what pick they are, if these people don't receive their favorite role, more often than not, they complain and troll. That is, they pick Evelynn with revive and promote. Or something along the lines of that.

For example, I was just joining a normal draft game with a friend. He was first pick, and I was second. He wanted to play mid as Annie. As soon as the bans started, I told him to call mid just to be safe. He did, before anyone else. When his pick came up, he locked in Annie. Later, when the third person on our team was picking, they chose Leblanc. Everyone in the lobby told the person that Annie was taking mid, and they would have to choose another champion because a) Annie was first pick and b) Annie called it anyways. The person locked in Leblanc anyways, stating that they had called mid second, and they "...definitely [weren't] going anywhere else." After this person said this, my friend got frustrated and decided to leave and log out, due to the fact that this was the FOURTH time in a row that something like this had happened. Things like this are quite common, and I'm very sure they discourage people from playing the game. They definitely discourage me.

So I'd like to make a suggestion. Adding a game type for both normal draft pick games and solo/duo queue ranked games that gives players the ability to pick which roles they would like to play. That is, when a player selects "Start game," a menu appears with check boxes that say Top lane, Jungle, Mid lane, AD Carry Bot, and Support Bot. Players who join queues will be able to pick more than one role. And, if this is possible, players who have picked more roles will have higher priority in the queues. That way, players will no longer have to suffer through 20-50 minutes games with a troll. Because not only are they destined to lose, but they also have to actually try in the game, or face being reported.

Also: I realize that not EVERYONE plays the standard team composition. This is why I suggest that these should be new games types, instead of altering the current ones.

Hopefully this can happen. Thank you.

EDIT: So I've found that most people assume that with this system, you HAVE to pick a champion that is classified for the pre-selected role. False. When you decide what role you're playing before there game, you're only selecting where you'll being going, not what champion you'll be playing. For example, Blitzcrank is used commonly as a support, but he's not classified as one. With this system, you'll still be able to select Blitzcrank for support, or any other champion that you believe is capable of filling any other role.

Also, people seem to think that some might join to troll and pick, for example, Sona top. No. People are only doing this in the first place because they were denied the role they wanted to play. If they pre-select their role, they won't have this problem, and consequentially won't troll.

And for emphasis: I'm NOT suggesting that this be implemented into the whole entire game. I'm suggesting this is added as an additional game type, so that people like me can avoid these problems, and people who want to have their fun and try things out can go play the game modes that are already in the game.

TeknoWizard 06-11-2012 08:35 PM

No one is going to pick the support role, except for those lovely people who main supports as I do. This would just lead to insane que times. A good idea, but not going to work as intended in practice.

Sky Sanctum 06-11-2012 08:39 PM

Selecting your role before queuing may be great for mmo's, but it's not great for F2P games like LoL.

The sad part about this game is that it's all about the community, and if your friend wants to play annie, hey that's great, but if you get the troll that's just there to **** your day up, well tough ****. It happens all the time. And it's really easy to beat too. Invite more friends. No one likes solo queuing in LoL, NO ONE. For the simple fact that the troll potential is out there. It really isn't hard to find 4 people to join you in a game, or to find a community of players that all want the same thing you want, competent teammates who at least appear to know what they're doing.

Meet some people, no more trolls. Quite simple.

Abussos 06-11-2012 08:42 PM

When I join a queue, it usually takes 3-6 queue dodges to get into a game because of people who want their favorite roles. So, it probably adds to to be even. Then, 1 out of 5 times, I have to play a game that's destined to fail. So I would gladly take a 10 minute queue versus 15 minutes of dodging and the occasional TERRIBLE game.

Abussos 06-11-2012 09:42 PM

Bump

HideFromElf 06-11-2012 09:53 PM

It is a great concept, though I don't played draft. The thing I thought of immediately is, if anyone is out to be annoying the map is free to roam and there is a good chance they'll still join you at mid. Choosing your role before champion select will only work so far unfortunately.
It is a great idea for more serious players though, it just stands a greater risk of being targeted by @rseholes.

Xyrrus 06-12-2012 02:52 AM

People are jerks. Lol. It can't be helped. It's why I don't play normal/ranked alone. I'll pull a friend in with me for backup. Then again, I am the type of person to play any role in the game. (Though im a fail jungler). I dont expect Riot to take this concept into mind, honestly. Though it would be nice to have.

ElvenAura 06-12-2012 03:26 AM

its a good idea and people ive experienced that a lot... tho i sort of ended up vsing that person and thrashing them. but perhaps the drawback is that people cant try unorthodox metas.

SatanInDisguise 06-12-2012 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HideFromElf (Hozzászólás 25237002)
It is a great concept, though I don't played draft. The thing I thought of immediately is, if anyone is out to be annoying the map is free to roam and there is a good chance they'll still join you at mid. Choosing your role before champion select will only work so far unfortunately.
It is a great idea for more serious players though, it just stands a greater risk of being targeted by @rseholes.

Yeah as you have kind of said the main problem is what would stop people from saying ok I want to play Sona jungle before the game and realistically there can't really be anything to stop you saying that because one of the points of the game is to try new things so they cant exactly lock certain champs out of certain roles.

I mean imagine the rage and whatnot when you get an Evelyn support or solo top Sona.

TylerJ 06-12-2012 06:13 AM

This is kind of a rising problem... I've noticed a LOT of people in the last week who join and say things like "AD BOT OR I TROLL" or "I'm TOP" as like, the fourth or fifth pick. If/when (I mean, people TRY to work around it, but it doesn't always happen) their spot is taken, they lock in that role anyway, and spend all game talking about how they "called it" so it's okay.

I'd like riot to emphasize the importance of communication during picks, and really hammer people who won't play multiple roles, or go in "hard locked" into one role.