League of Legends Community
12345 ... 8

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Announcements (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Stores that have League of Legends (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=22008)

RiotChris 10-30-2009 11:32 AM

Stores that have League of Legends

If you've been looking to pickup a boxed copy of League of Legends, the retail Collector's Pack is for sale in the US at the biggest video game retailers, including:
  • Gamestop
  • Walmart
  • Best Buy
  • Target

If you're up North in Canada, you can find League of Legends at many fine stores including:
  • Best Buy
  • Future Shop
  • EB (or EBGames)

The League of Legends retail pack contains 20 champions unlocked, 4 summoner runes, and a $10 Riot Point card. (What champions? See here).

You'll be able to redeem the champions, 4 runes and Riot Points as soon as the store is open. In the meantime, you'll have a 200% XP bonus.

In addition you’ll get a silver Kayle, The Judicator skin that’s only available with the retail edition, and a mini-poster with a map of Runeterra on one side and profiles of 20 champions on the reverse. See what all the items you get from the box look like.

- RiotChris

Mindler 10-30-2009 11:33 AM

Awesome! Maybe I'll pick up a few for christmas!

Poruku 10-30-2009 11:51 AM

Yay. Is there any word on how long this will be out? Because I can't actually get a copy until December 22nd :/ Imo, leave it until Boxing Day, that's when sales rocket.

Sumidor 10-30-2009 12:06 PM

In Montreal I tried all the stores none had it, Futureshop's main distribution center in montreal had over 100 copies but none of the branches ordered any. EB games didnt even know what I was talking about. I ended up just getting the webverson which sucks cause it costs more USD vs CAN and nothing physical. oh well

Legenis 10-30-2009 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotChris (Hozzászólás 241631)
In addition you’ll get a silver Kayle, The Judicator skin that’s only available with the retail edition, and a mini-poster with a map of Runeterra on one side and profiles of 20 champions on the reverse. See what all the items you get from the box look like.

- RiotChris

Why would you give something to the people who bought the retail copy and not giev ti to some one who pre-ordered your CE copy months before the game is released? What if Kayle is my main and not annie, now I would have to go buy a retail copy of the game just to get this skin?

Very, very sucky...

Atleast give people an option to buy that skin online. Although I dont think people should be able to buy the CE skins, cause they are unique to buying the game pre-launch... usually also mean you spent more money but, that doesnt seem the be the case here.

HeadxHunter 10-30-2009 12:18 PM

So Kayle Silver skin is ONLY in retail version and not digital? And you wouldn't be able to get it in store or somehow else? Uh... need to do some importing then =\

Armored 10-30-2009 12:50 PM

I live in Barrie, ON Canada. I went to GameStop and EB Games, and there was no League of Legends on the sheleves or in their manifest.

:(

Jozrael 10-30-2009 01:00 PM

I know what I'm getting for my gaming friends for Christmas :3

Xrystus 10-30-2009 01:05 PM

Quote:

If you’ve been looking to pickup a boxed copy of League of Legends, the retail Collector’s Pack is for sale in the US at the biggest video game retailers, including:
  • Gamestop
  • Walmart
  • Best Buy
  • Target
If you’re up North in Canada, you can find League of Legends at many fine stores including:
  • Best Buy
  • Future Shop
  • EB (or EBGames)
The League of Legends retail pack contains 20 champions unlocked, 4 summoner runes, and a $10 Riot Point card. (What champions? See here).

You'll be able to redeem the champions, 4 runes and Riot Points as soon as the store is open. In the meantime, you'll have a 200% XP bonus.

- RiotChris

Then i got the retail version when i preordered my copy, i was wondering why i didnt get the alistar OR annie skins...

Jiggabry 10-30-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

- RiotChris

IMO giving this skin for the retail only is in poor taste, its shafting all the people that bought the preorder online but would still like to make a collection of skins