League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   How the hell did you rised your elo? (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2193808)

Scyhn 06-07-2012 04:33 PM

How the hell did you rised your elo?

I'm asking the community because i'm out of ideas.
I've played like 300 games and have a 50-50 ratio. I've tried to be polite, to mark the mistakes of my teamates and of course, pay more attention to my mistakes. But every single game ends the same: My team chasing in the jungle like complete ******* and getting into disadvantageous fights, which result in the inevitable loss of a base (or more than one) and the inability to get them back because they can't organize properly. Of course, i've tried telling them but most people just don't give a **** about dominion.

How did you rised your elo? is there any champ or roll i should play to be able to carry a little bit more the game?

The Fizznity 06-07-2012 04:41 PM

Master Urgot/Yorick/Lulu

Proceed to roll face

Nyx87 06-07-2012 04:49 PM

I play a lot of top lane SR, which is all about match ups and knowing how to counter pick champions, and i took that knowledge and applied it to bottom lane Dominion. I am also skilled with a lot of champions.

Forestgreen02 06-07-2012 04:55 PM

Beats me, I'm only at 53% win, but I can tell you that 90% of my games when I was in lower ELO was almost always 1st, or 2nd. Had alot of wins in a row too, and only a few loss here and there.

Sauron 06-07-2012 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyx87 (Hozzászólás 25074285)
I play a lot of top lane SR, which is all about match ups and knowing how to counter pick champions, and i took that knowledge and applied it to bottom lane Dominion. I am also skilled with a lot of champions.

^

inFe eD 06-07-2012 04:59 PM

Spamming pubstomp champs in low elo (shaco, talon, rammus), then randoming every other game at high elo.

Hey, it works for me somehow.

Scyhn 06-07-2012 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nyx87 (Hozzászólás 25074285)

I usually play bot, and most of the time they send someone from top to 1v2 me because i dominate the lane (not that i'm pro or something, AP yi is an assraper lol). But my team just wont stop doing whatever the **** they want.
I've read the guides here in the forum and tried to apply them to my games. Most of the times i end first or second, but it's a loss due to my team.
I'm just seeking a way to take more responsibility for the outcome of the match.
Also, is there any our of the day you don't recommend me to play?.

Quote:

Originally Posted by inFe eD (Hozzászólás 25074606)
Spamming pubstomp champs in low elo (shaco, talon, rammus), then randoming every other game at high elo.

Hey, it works for me somehow.

Doesn't hurt to try. Maybe i'm picking some ****ty champs.

Cryswar 06-07-2012 05:12 PM

Stop worrying about being first or second. It has literally nothing whatsoever to do with winning in certain roles.

I find that you can always rely on idiots to build damage to do the fat deeps for you - it's much better to play someone tanky as hell with a crapload of CC, the more the better. You can go all out unkillable with amumu/alistar or go for more of a blitz/malphite tanky ccbot, but if you can actually land your abilities you can pull entire teams off of your squishy buddies or just hold a point for longer than you have any business doing so - Alistar is the obvious king at this, but with enough CDR/kiting blitz and malph can hold a point forever against 1-2 dudes.

Alternatively, find someone you can roll bot with who can escape ganks or survive 1v2. Bot is a thankless job that will only get you yelled at, but incredibly important - and so is playing a tanky ******* top.

Personally I find Malphite starting with cloth armor/chainmail/boots to be absolutely hilarious against AD heavy teams. 110+ armor at lvl3 np np FOCUS ME MOAR.

The Fizznity 06-07-2012 05:19 PM

^add Naut to that list, any game where im playing naut and my dps allies aren't complete idiots usually ends up being won.

Ekoyim 06-07-2012 05:20 PM

Basically get someone who can dominate bot since if you consistently take their bot, in low elo when the other team isn't that good either, you should be fine since it's pretty hard for a team to lose 4 v 3 or even 4 v 2 top. I actually played dominion at at first just so I could use heimerdinger a bunch for fun and i actually hit 1800 ish dom elo by just using heimerdinger/karthus bot.

Maybe I was lucky cause they aren't exactly the best bot champs ever but...it worked for me so maybe you could try it?