League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   [Guide] Kassadin for aggressive solo queuers (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=21921)

rambo 10-30-2009 12:56 AM

[Guide] Kassadin for aggressive solo queuers

A "Who Needs Teammates?" Guide to Kassadin

I'd like to submit a build I've done literally a hundred times with kassadin to your scrutiny.
keep in mind i'm a solo queuer.

Teleport + exhaust
max q first then force pulse blah blah blah

Start off the game with Doran's Ring. +10 ap, +5(?)mana/5(?)s 130hp and a health pot.

size up the lane.

1v2 play defensively and spam q on creeps for last hits + whatever you can manage
2v1 play aggressively and go for an early kill with exhaust
2v2 determine who has lane control (you or them) and play accordingly (see above)

ideally you do not go back until you reach 750 gold for boots + sapphire (if you're racking up a lot of gold fast, got fb/really easy farming, you can even wait for 1150). if you die, just buy one of the two and wait.

keep laning and start ganking more as the game progresses (level6) whichever is ideal for keeping your income up. try to keep dominance in your lane and dont waste opportunities to get kills/farm gold this is not a laning guide but i feel like this must be stressed.

another sapphire.

get the golem buff gank some more farm some yada yada

build either sheen (if they are REALLY bad) or catalyst (95% of games).

size up their team, build either ninja tabi or mercury's treads depending on their team make up.

complete sheen if you didn't make it before. catalyst if you made sheen first.

I'd like to make note that all of the items so far are extremely cheap individually for all those aggressive kassadin players that may die while they are racking up literally EVERY POSSIBLE KILL they have a chance at getting. Be Aggressive. This build is very achievable even if you end up dying a few times.

build rod of ages. Just to put things into perspective, you should be able to complete rod of ages at ~20 minutes. ~16-17 if you're fed. ~25-30 if your team is tanking and you guys are going to lose lol.

At this point, a combination of doran's ring, your boots, rod of ages, and sheen, it is well into mid game (kassadin's favorite part) and you have around 80-100 AP, and can take a little more punishment than you should be able to because of hp from dorans and defensive boots. and to add even more to the deception, your ability to kite just about anyone, silence casters and blind dps champs with exhaust, you've got a trick up your sleeve for just about any situation.

if you don't have 8-10 kills before the 35 minute mark, either your opponents are a 5 man premade playing very carefully or you're not good enough at mind games to be playing a hero like kassadin.

your lich bane should have been finished by now and you should be working on either a nashor's tooth or rage blade or some other heavy AP item as you see fits the situation best. once your inventory is full sell your dorans for a guardian angel.

There are better kassadin builds to fill the role of AP caster ganker and overall badass. Which is exactly what he is. However, too often I've done great with kassadin and still lost because I hogged all the kills from my teammates and they sucked at pushing. I think this build may help fill this void.

lich bane's "After casting a spell your next attack will deal your AP in damage" is awesome for taking down towers. late game you should be pushing 300 AP and be resilient enough to not be called a glass cannon. Just riftwalk and attack and watch as a giant chunk of the tower's hp disappears.

Now look what we've built. A kassadin that can be aggressive all game and push/siege/backdoor late game when your team's dps has been overshadowed by your awesomeness.

This build is tailor built for good, aggressive kassadin players that have hit a plateau just because they don't have a 5 man team.

Random things not mentioned:
Buy elixirs of brilliance. Often.

You should be able to beat everyone 1v1, 1v2, and the majority of 1v3s with proper mind games, kiting, timing of spells, awareness of cooldown on yours and enemy spells.

If you are low hp in the lane, stand in front of your tower and hit B for blue pill. Weak minded opponents will tower dive or go out of their way to throw a spell/ranged attack your way. Avoid it, Q, exhaust, E, he should be dead relatively soon.

Don't be afraid to teleport to a lane that's being pushed and drop the inhibitor while their team isn't paying attention. Most of the time if they see you, one or two might try to stop you but unless it's 3-5 people there, they are usually too scared or unable to stop you.
__________________________________________________ ________________________
FAQ
Why is there no mejai soulstealer?
I ased myself this too. The answer is, Kassadin really doesn't need it. It's overkill. It's too much firepower at one time. So much that you don't even know what to do with it. There's not enough people on the other team to kill. Here's an analogy that dota players might understand. Witch doctor and dagon. remember when you did that and you thought it was the best thing ever because it pretty much guaranteed a kill? Then you realized, witch doctor's spells do enough on their own that getting dagon is just a waste of money.

I used this build and I got raped! How did this happen?
1. Read this guide -> http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=14432
This build for kassadin is meant for aggressive/loose archetype.
2. Also, step your game up.

Disclaimer: This build not good vs 5 man premades. Also, this is not the best kassadin build. It's just one that works. Find your own "best build" or just one that works for you.

Crazy Demon 10-30-2009 04:12 AM

Quote:

Here's an analogy that dota players might understand. Witch doctor and dagon. remember when you did that and you thought it was the best thing ever because it pretty much guaranteed a kill? Then you realized, witch doctor's spells do enough on their own that getting dagon is just a waste of money.
I LOL'ed big time at reading that- great analogy. Then you realize that all the other guy has to do is build an armlet and wd is shut down, dagon or not.

Schn 10-30-2009 05:06 AM

I like the analogy too. You spend all that money on firepower, but then your effectiveness really drops earlier than it should - it'll feel like you're missing an item later on when spells start to lose power. It's pretty much the same reason mejai isn't that great on Veigar either. Dagon WD was epic though. Pubstomp++

Holepuncher 10-30-2009 10:36 AM

Interesting idea. By making Kassadin more of a melee/AP hybrid, he can be half decent at pushing towers ... which is nice when you are playing with strangers that don't always do what they should. I'll try this out for my solo games.

The Senate 10-30-2009 11:21 AM

90% of buying Soulstealer is for the mana stealing property. The AP is just like a bonus, I guess.

Bait 10-30-2009 11:33 AM

forget sheen, just get 2 rod of ages and mercury treads. i like to start with sapphire + 2 health pots. i sell back the pots if i don't need it.

after that, just go atma's impaler for physical, archangel for ap, or defensive items.

Kharnath 10-30-2009 11:34 AM

Quote:

Why is there no mejai soulstealer?
I ased myself this too. The answer is, Kassadin really doesn't need it. It's overkill. It's too much firepower at one time. So much that you don't even know what to do with it. There's not enough people on the other team to kill. Here's an analogy that dota players might understand. Witch doctor and dagon. remember when you did that and you thought it was the best thing ever because it pretty much guaranteed a kill? Then you realized, witch doctor's spells do enough on their own that getting dagon is just a waste of money.
So much wrong with this I don't even know where to begin.

It is IGNORANT to say there is such a thing as too much power in this game. Comparing Kassadin with "too much AP" to a Dagon WD.

First and foremost, THERE IS NO MAGIC RESIST IN DOTA, THERE IS HERE.

Secondly it is MUCH easier to stack health in LoL

Finally THE MAIN POINT OF SOULSTEALER IS NOT FOR THE AP, IT'S FOR STEALING ALL THE MANA FROM A SLAIN CHAMPION.

Melee Kassadin is not good, not now, not ever. Not to mention, WHY IN ALL HELL WOULD YOU MAX SPHERE BEFORE PULSE?! Pulse is Kassadin's most powerful spell, his Coup De Grac. It, along with riftwalk, is what gets Kassadin his early kills. Not Spehere! Sphere is for harrasment, a silence, not a primary nuke.

Not to mention the hypocrisy of saying soulstealer is too much power while you go on to get a lichbane? REALLY?! You decide to roll a melee kass (any build that prioritizes lichbane is a melee build, you can't say otherwise) that is reliant on lichbane procs to do damage; and you turn down extra damage?

I know I'm sounding like a jerk, but guides like this, **** like this; breeds BAD PLAYERS

thegamenet 10-30-2009 11:49 AM

excellent guide Rambo - I posted it on www.thelolwiki.com and gave you full credit.

nice work

rambo 10-30-2009 02:01 PM

I was wondering what Kharnath and The Senate would have to say about this because the guide started off as a post in The Senate's thread, but it got so big I just made it into its own thread.

Force pulse is amazing in team battles. Definitely agree that it's his best spell for that situation. But in the average pub game, its rare to see a 5 man battle before level 10 or 11 when they become much more frequent. I'm not hating on soulstealer either. However, it just doesn't fit this build or the situations it's meant for. Getting mejai's early would slow down getting your rod of ages and lich bane. You need these two items asap to be able to mow down champions and towers. And getting the soulstealer as a third or fourth major item is usually too late in the game to be worth it when you could buy an item that helps you take down towers faster or push down a lane and live to tell about it. (nashor's tooth, rageblade, etc).

I've tried The Senate's AP spike kassadin build and it was awesome. Grade A kassadin build. But this guide is not about using kassadin to his full hero killing potential.

It's about surviving solo queues. It's single handedly carrying your pub team on your back and doing everything for them. It's turning Kassadin from a one trick pvp pony to someone that can actually initiate without immediately having to run away, someone that after stopping the enemy push can go and take a tower and an inhibitor while they are reviving. It's stretching him to his limit, but he's a good enough champion to do that. Not many champions have the kind of versatility that kassadin has.

This guide is for those people that ran around crushing enemy teams into the ground all game and then end up losing because none of their allies knew how to push and passed up opportunities to drop inhibitors. It's for the 18-12-2 kassadin players that see a push forming in the top lane and teleport up to help push, and can't even drop one tower while their base is getting pummeled. This is not for team players. This is for the lone wolf. The rogue player who comes home from work and tries to play a couple games to relax, and even though he's talented, he doesn't really have a 5 man team to play with for whatever reason. This guide will push you from that guy who was just fed by the noob(s) to the pro who singlehandedly won the game.

Until a player has found a good team they are comfortable with, this guide will help them through those nasty solo games.

The Senate 10-30-2009 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rambo (Hozzászólás 242247)
This guide is for those people that ran around crushing enemy teams into the ground all game and then end up losing because none of their allies knew how to push and passed up opportunities to drop inhibitors

This.

Now, I haven't experimented with a pusher Kassadin, or a Kassadin that can tower worth a damn, but now I have a goal. I want to see if I can make an anti-tower Kass.

You've intrigued me.