League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Dominion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   Champion pairs (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2191985)

Spyckie 06-07-2012 12:55 AM

Champion pairs

Dominion has a lot more than 1v1 and 4v4. Certain pairs of heroes seem to go especially well with each other at a specific role: breaking open a point, poking, defending, backcapping, etc.

Rules: post a pair of champions, their basic build, what they excel at and what they are weak at.

First pair: Mundo Cait
Mundo: Mpen Tank HP-regen
Cait: Standard Carry build

Excels at defending a point against almost every other pair of heroes, requiring 3-4 heroes to take the point back.

Mundo and Cait is a standard tank/carry combination, but their particular skills are suited to hold enemy bottom point during late game for a long time. They have good DPS output, antiCC/escapes and Mundo regens back like a monster. They can 2v2 most other heroes on equal footing and if there are too many heroes to fight can poke to delay capture.

Their weakness is that they have trouble attacking a point. They need someone with a reliable CC to keep them in place long enough to burst them down - otherwise, they will just run through point a lot while getting hit by the tower or just miss a lot of skill shots.

Namelesss One 06-08-2012 02:38 PM

The most effective pairing I've encountered was Leona/Kog Maw. They were completely untouchable.

KYNB23 06-08-2012 03:45 PM

saw a sick comp of heimer and irelia was pretty strong utilized heimer turrets grenades and rockets fully with irelias equilibrium strike and true damage was kinda on the op side for me

Forestgreen02 06-08-2012 04:29 PM

Blitz + Alistar. Its a game of catch. Blitz grabs, punches u in the air, alistar pulverizes you in the air, and headbutts you away and they run away. This is probably the gayest thing a duo champ can do, someone does this to me, I will rage out of game.

ElevenOfClubs 06-08-2012 05:00 PM

Yorric's ult on vayne does still proc her Silver Bolts, right?

Melvear 06-08-2012 05:05 PM

Janna+Vayne is really strong. Shield that adds ad, a slow, 2 knockbacks and a knockup +their innate mobility.

ShawNuff 06-08-2012 05:12 PM

Janna + ranged carry is strong. Also Lulu + Melee derps (though Lulu is strong with any combination)

Annaed 06-09-2012 10:04 AM

Ive defended a point for the longest time 2v4 as ahri and sion.
Ahri: rylais, wota, other mage items
Sion: frozen mallet, lifesteal, other basic sion items.
With both of our slows/stun/charm it was insane and so much fun. No one could touch us.

Karloseth 06-09-2012 12:58 PM

I've played the Vayne in a Vayne+Skarner combo, and it worked pretty well. Also, tank+carry is usually pretty good, I've done plenty of Yi/Vanye/Ashe/Fiora+Naut. CC+nommage.

Rebonack 06-09-2012 04:36 PM

OnHit Koggy paired with Amumu packing both Scepters.

MASSIVE MR shred. Amumu slows/roots/stuns and Koggy eats some faces.