League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Guides & Strategy (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   AD Ranged Characters (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2191254)

Valen of Wulf 06-06-2012 08:04 PM

AD Ranged Characters

I am looking for an AD ranged carry I can really enjoy. It took me awhile, but I finally found Fiora as an AD melee carry and I enjoy her a lot. I keep looking for someone like her, in ranged form, but I am having little luck. The closest I find is Ezreal or Varus, but I am still having trouble with them. Any help on character selection and/or build and strategies for AD ranged carries would be very appreciated.

xCry0x 06-06-2012 10:36 PM

What do you like about fiora that you would like in a ranged ad? If you like the raw ability to put out a ton of burst damage then kog'maw & tristana are both good.

Ezreal can be fun but is somewhat difficult to play correctly because he has a lot of moving parts and I have only seen a hand full of varus players that actually carry the way an ad carry is supposed to.

My favorite ad carry is kog'maw hands down. Played him in free week and bought him right after, he is a late game wreaking ball if you can manage to farm early, play smart and position well. His ult is also great for finishing off low hp retreating champions and it is always rewarding when you lead someone correctly and get a kill on someone who thought they were safe. He also has the highest range out of any of the ranged ad with his W active which makes positioning a lot easier since you can stay further away.

Tristana is fun also if you get going, Her Q is +90% attack speed for 7 sec at lvl 5 which lets you completely obliterate an ap or ad carry that gets caught out of position. She has the 2nd highest range at lvl 18 (her passive is increase in range each level).

Vayne falls into this high damage category also but has a higher learning curve to really play well due to lower range.

Dane Belthound 06-07-2012 05:06 AM

Kog maw is awesome but you need to have a good support (ali, blitz, or nunu) and a team willing to defend you. YOu also have to be smart about not rushing into battle. Wait back for the fight to start and then come in and shred from a distance. Sometimes having the diligence to do that is the hardest part.

Valen of Wulf 06-07-2012 06:59 AM

The problem with Kogmaw is that I am not skilled at leading the opponent. As for Tristana, I haven't played her enough yet. She seems viable, though. I think my main problem is positioning, though. With Fiora, I enjoy shredding opponents with a few quick hits, then moving to the next. Plus, her ult allows me to survive a bit until my team comes while killing them. I want a ranged who can do that too, or at least rip people apart quickly. If positioning is my problem, then I need to find someone who can move around well, and still deal a lot of damage quickly.

midillusion 06-07-2012 08:45 AM

With enough items, all ranged AD carries can tear apart your opponents. In terms of being able to kill a target and quickly move on to the next, Tristana is the most suitable for you, since the CD on her rocket jump refreshes when she gets a kill or assist. What this allows you to do is jump on someone, kill them and then either jump to safety or onto your next target. No other ranged AD carry has this amount of mobility, and once you get going, in teamfights it is really fun.

XCodes 06-07-2012 09:11 AM

I haven't played him yet, but the new hero, Draven, might work for you, too. He seems to have that kind of playstyle.

Tiza 06-07-2012 11:03 AM

Here's a little bit about some of my favorite Ranged AD champs:

Vayne: Weak early, but high mobility and lots of steroids will dish out incredible damage late game. A fantastic 1v1 champion and one of the strongest late game champs

Graves: On the tankier side from his passive - big burst damage with low range. His Q-R combo can wreck champions who are just looking to trade autoattacks, and he does work in teamfights.

Miss Fortune: Really powerful early game burst from throwing a Q between two autoattacks. High mobility and dominant laning power.

Varus: Long range, high burst damage, and tank-killing %hp damage. No natural escapes, so you'll need to bring a support (and teammates) who can keep you safe from people who want to dive onto you and squish you.

Caitlyn: Exceptionally high range, a strong and safe choice against aggressive laners. She dishes out constant low-damage pokes for free, and has a fairly big escape in her E. Her ult is really satisfying to land successfully.

Those are some of my favorites, and a good mix of playing styles. A good starting point is to figure out how you like to play and what you love to do in-game, and find a champion that does that well!

Dr Toenail 06-07-2012 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiotTiza (Hozzászólás 25061414)
Here's a little bit about some of my favorite Ranged AD champs:

Vayne: Weak early, but high mobility and lots of steroids will dish out incredible damage late game. A fantastic 1v1 champion and one of the strongest late game champs

Graves: On the tankier side from his passive - big burst damage with low range. His Q-R combo can wreck champions who are just looking to trade autoattacks, and he does work in teamfights.

Miss Fortune: Really powerful early game burst from throwing a Q between two autoattacks. High mobility and dominant laning power.

Varus: Long range, high burst damage, and tank-killing %hp damage. No natural escapes, so you'll need to bring a support (and teammates) who can keep you safe from people who want to dive onto you and squish you.

Caitlyn: Exceptionally high range, a strong and safe choice against aggressive laners. She dishes out constant low-damage pokes for free, and has a fairly big escape in her E. Her ult is really satisfying to land successfully.

Those are some of my favorites, and a good mix of playing styles. A good starting point is to figure out how you like to play and what you love to do in-game, and find a champion that does that well!

Draven suggestions?

Tiza 06-07-2012 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylexus (Hozzászólás 25061867)
Draven suggestions?

Not sure yet- haven't played him a whole lot. He trades really well if you have both Spinning Axes up and spam Blood Rush. I feel like, if played well, he could be a really dominant early laner, but that's mostly untested opinion talking.

retched 06-07-2012 12:05 PM

Graves is very safe and quite forgiving as far as AD carries go. Good in-your-face-burst and a passive that makes him tankier. I would recommend him as he is probably the closest to Fiora with a generous learning curve.

Tiza explained Caitlyn well. She is a very safe laning champion, but lacks good burst. Mostly reliant on autoattacks for damage.

Ashe is also easy to pick up, but like Caitlyn, lacks that burst feel which you might be accustomed to after using Fiora. However, global arrows GG.