League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Off Topic Discussion (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Disney World refuses admission to costumed teen, and I'm outraged. (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2190999)

UnicornViolet 06-06-2012 06:57 PM

Disney World refuses admission to costumed teen, and I'm outraged.

I guarantee this wouldn't have happened if she was an African American. I'm getting so sick and tired of this racist bull****. If Amberleh wants to go to Disneyland dressed as an elf, she should be able to, god dammit.

Amberleh 06-06-2012 07:07 PM

Actually, Disney really doesn't let costumed people in. My sister is an incredibly avid cosplayer and on Halloween she and her friends dressed as members from Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts and one girl was asked to take off her wig. Luckily, they don't have official people dressed as characters exclusively from Kingdom Hearts so they didn't have to take off anything other than the one girl's bright red wig (The costumes are essentially just black trenchcoats). I think the only reason they let them in at all was because it was Halloween, but they warned my sister and her friends that the 'dress up' thing they have on Halloween there is only for children so that they would know for future reference.

I do have to agree with Disney on this one, honestly. The girl should have known better. They have paid employees for that who have background checks and everything. They don't know what kind of person she is.

SmokingJoeNL 06-06-2012 07:09 PM

Thanks for typing out what I feel about this.

My Face Is OP 06-06-2012 07:11 PM

I don't see the issue. They have a valid point for not allowing people to come in in costume.

"They ruined her dreams" lol. What a dumb whore. It's time to start making real world adult dreams and goals.

I don't even see why they would put this on the news.

UnicornViolet 06-06-2012 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amberleh (Hozzászólás 25041772)
Actually, Disney really doesn't let costumed people in. My sister is an incredibly avid cosplayer and on Halloween she and her friends dressed as members from Organization XIII from Kingdom Hearts and one girl was asked to take off her wig. Luckily, they don't have official people dressed as characters exclusively from Kingdom Hearts so they didn't have to take off anything other than the one girl's bright red wig (The costumes are essentially just black trenchcoats). I think the only reason they let them in at all was because it was Halloween, but they warned my sister and her friends that the 'dress up' thing they have on Halloween there is only for children so that they would know for future reference.

I do have to agree with Disney on this one, honestly. The girl should have known better. They have paid employees for that who have background checks and everything. They don't know what kind of person she is.

I don't understand why you have to have a background check to dress like Tinker Bell, but think it's hilarious that you have already had a run-in with their dressing policy. KNEW IT. Anyways, doesn't Disney sell Disney character costumes? I remember seeing my niece dress as Snow White... I don't understand how they can sell costumes, and then not let people wear them?

My Face Is OP 06-06-2012 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnicornViolet (Hozzászólás 25041957)
I don't understand why you have to have a background check to dress like Tinker Bell, but think it's hilarious that you have already had a run-in with their dressing policy. KNEW IT. Anyways, doesn't Disney sell Disney character costumes? I remember seeing my niece dress as Snow White... I don't understand how they can sell costumes, and then not let people wear them?

I think the explanation they gave is just fine. They don't want people to mistake the person for an employee.

Say I dress as Prince Charming, wander around and tell kids to **** off and sexually harass the adult females and run off? Oops, the blame goes to Disney because one of their "employees" was out of his mind.

Not to mention, people dress up in disguises when they are about to jack a place.

Klathzazt 06-06-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnicornViolet (Hozzászólás 25041376)
I guarantee this wouldn't have happened if she was an African American. I'm getting so sick and tired of this racist bull****. If Amberleh wants to go to Disneyland dressed as an elf, she should be able to, god dammit.

Racist.... elf...? Are you sure you watched the video?

UnicornViolet 06-06-2012 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klathzazt (Hozzászólás 25042222)
Racist.... elf...? Are you sure you watched the video?

im just saying they couldnt tell a black girl that she looked too much like a blonde haired, blue eyed character and would have let her in NP. to me this is wrong. everyone should be able to wear green tights and ****ty glitter make up if they want to :(

Amberleh 06-06-2012 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnicornViolet (Hozzászólás 25041957)

I didn't have a run-in, my sister did. I only dress up at conventions where I can't get made fun of for being out of place. My sister will go anywhere dressed up.

The costumes they sell are for CHILDREN. Children can dress up because obviously they can't legally have a bunch of little kids as hired help running around as Disney characters. When you have an adult dressed as a Disney character, children and parents will assume they are official and ask to take a picture with them.

Now, this does happen at conventions as well (I personally love taking pictures with kids =) ), but parents know that they may be taking a risk by asking a random person in costume to take a picture with their kid. At Disney Land or World or whatever, Disney does extensive background checks on their employees because they know they may be working with children. Employees are I'm sure trained on how to handle the kids, how to behave, etc, and parents trust the park to be responsible for this. If just anyone could walk into the park dressed in a full body suit as Goofy, think of how many cases of child mollestation could occur and Disney would be held responsible.

Preffered 06-06-2012 07:24 PM

Dude **** Disneyland. They had company underwear that you had to hand in at the end of every shift. It was only abolished RECENTLY.