League of Legends Community

League of Legends Community (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/index.php)
-   Twisted Treeline (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips (http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2183928)

Eryn 06-04-2012 03:06 PM

Retired 3v3 Players Giving Tips

Hey all,

I used to be a big fan of Twisted Treeline throughout Season 1 and became a strong player during Season 2. My team 'The Farmhands' was the first team to hit 1800 elo in any bracket in any region.

The team fell apart shortly thereafter as one member got a job and another is terminally ill.

Since I no longer play 3v3 that often I am happy to give pointers for any player that would like them, things that I used to gain advantages against other teams that I feel may be useful for other players.

Things like the champion select process, teamfights, team compositions, roles, warding, jungle control, ganking, items, end game, turtling, out creep scoring, anything of the sort I am happy to give advice and my opinion on.

Best Regards,

E1C

Hey guys! Bumping this to give a shout out to my friend, Yetti, he is a wonderful 3v3 player and knows an immense about it. Having already played almost 2500 3v3 games on the new map alone. If you guys have any questions about 3v3, he's your guy.

Here's his thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=3045452

Riot Taco Storm 06-04-2012 03:15 PM

How do I riven =(

Ha11uc1n0g3n 06-04-2012 03:16 PM

How would you build Warwick? I just picked him up and have been playing him Derpwick Dominion style but it's obviously not a great build for TT. Advice?

ReD CL0uD 06-04-2012 03:27 PM

If you have time, I'd love to hear your pointers. I have a casual group of friends and we prefer 3v3, but don't get to play much together as some have jobs and some in school... but we are committed to always getting better and of course playing our best when we do.

Wanda Sykes 06-04-2012 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riot Taco Storm (Hozzászólás 24959859)
How do I riven =(

Answer this man! Lol I would also like to learn how to play Riven :)

Bloodedge22 06-04-2012 03:37 PM

What are the best ban picks in 3v3?

retched 06-04-2012 03:37 PM

is it better to have a gank-heavy jungler or a camp-clearing jungler? Also, what are some stronger setups in team composition (AP, AD ranged, bruiser, etc.) and where would you put them?

Edit: By where would you put them, i meant which lanes would you see each role.

XStarstruck 06-04-2012 03:50 PM

Hi!

I am relatively new to the LoL scene and I would love a few pointers about TT, where I mostly play (free time shortages, quick leveling, etc., etc.).

Here are my main concerns:

1.) Team Compositions and Roles

This is something I've only barely grasped. How do I tell which roles mesh best with others? Are there any "best" or "standard" team role compositions that will provide optimal teamwork opportunities? Do different team compositions require different strategies of play?

2.) Warding

Where and when are the optimal positions to place wards on TT? I don't even know this on SR, so if you don't mind answering that one, too ^_^;; I feel like it's hard to actually use the information given by one's wards. Are there quick tips that assist the learning of the tricks to the wards or is it just a quick "experience" and move on?

3.) Ganks

How can I protect myself from enemy ganks? How can I initiate a successful gank? What kind of champions are the best at ganking? Which team composition allows the most ganking?

Thank you for your advice; I hope I'm not smothering you with questions ^_^;; I want to get good enough to play with my IRL friends and survive/dominate against them, and they are all very good. There are plenty of guides on SR as it is, but TT is not as popular.

I usually play Cho'Gath, Twitch, Anivia, Sona, Shaco, or Skarner. That pretty much satisfies versatility, but if there's anything else I should get used to (I am thinking about adding Rammus, Warwick, Mundo, and Jax to my list of champs I play but I have to buy them first) please go ahead and advise me ^_^

Thank you.

Fishperson 06-04-2012 04:23 PM

which champs are clearly imba?

Goggris 06-04-2012 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E1C (Hozzászólás 24959514)
Hey all,

I used to be a big Twisted Treeline player throughout Season 1 and the beginning of Season 2. My team 'The Farmhands' was the first team to hit 1800 elo in any bracket in any region.

The team fell apart shortly thereafter as one member got a job and another is terminally ill.

I switched to 5v5 and decently quickly got into the 1800s in 5v5, and am basically only doing Summoner's Rift now.

Since I no longer very much care for 3v3 I am happy to give pointers for any player that would like them, things that I used to gain advantages against other teams that I feel may be useful for other players.

Things like the champion select process, teamfights, team compositions, roles, warding, jungle control, ganking, items, end game, turtling, out creep scoring, anything of the sort I am happy to give advice and my opinion on.

Best Regards,

E1C

Where is zacy